Uninstallation / individual spell reversions possible?

Oh wow those exactly address 4 of the spells I mentioned. I can take a crack at Improved Haste and the turning spells myself. I am a software developer and am quite open to writing some code. Is there a quick wiki on IE modding code I can refer to?

Improved Haste is covered by that. 

The Spell Turning thing is not a matter of code. If NWN-style Deflection is installed, then all AoE spells are changed to affect targets individually. If Spell Turning is there, then casting a Fireball within 15 feet of a mage with Spell Turning will rebound to the caster. If two mages with Spell Turning are in the radius of a Fireball, then the Fireball caster will take 20d6 damage. 

Et cetera. The component just really doesn’t work with Spell Turning. AI casters cannot know this so they will decimate themselves with AoE spells cast near you. It won’t be fun. 

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Improved Haste is covered by that. 

The Spell Turning thing is not a matter of code. If NWN-style Deflection is installed, then all AoE spells are changed to affect targets individually. If Spell Turning is there, then casting a Fireball within 15 feet of a mage with Spell Turning will rebound to the caster. If two mages with Spell Turning are in the radius of a Fireball, then the Fireball caster will take 20d6 damage. 

Et cetera. The component just really doesn’t work with Spell Turning. AI casters cannot know this so they will decimate themselves with AoE spells cast near you. It won’t be fun. 

Oh hmm that's interesting. I can just plug in those changes from your tweaks and see if I can live with the spell deflection for now.

FWIW the rationale behind removing Turning is solid: no player in their right mind would ever cast a spell at an enemy with Turning up; by the same token, SCS enemies will never cast a spell at you if you have Turning up. This means no spells will ever be bounced back to their source... at which point, what’s the purpose of it? 

Deflections are better protection anyway - minor spell turning only bounces 4th-level spells. Blocks 4th-level spells + enemies will never actually have spells “turned” = the same thing as Globe of Invulnerability. Both leave you open to Domination and Disintegrate etc. Spell Deflection will actually protect you from higher-level attacks. 

Yeah I guess I wasn't there to follow the logic behind their removal. I can certainly work with those. My main challenges were around blur, banishment, spirit armor, slow, and (improved) haste. I guess your tweaks handle all but one of those.

The code you pasted.. is that supposed to be run as a .bat file in the base directory if those are the only spells I am concerned about?

Edited by spanyam
29 minutes ago, spanyam said:

The code you pasted.. is that supposed to be run as a .bat file

No, that is Weidu code.  Follow the link, you can actually download the github project, it contains two mods.  You can throw out the hotfix one, but put the "sr_changes" folder and "setup-sr_changes.exe" into your game folder and then run the .exe.

EDIT - actually I think I named the .exe file just "sr_changes.exe" ... you'll need to add "setup-" to the name before you run it.

Edited by subtledoctor

Okay, just ran your installer, and it seems to be working fine. I can manually patch the descriptions with NI later. Then used NI to fix Spirit Armor save type and also copied the vanilla blur effects to Cloak of Displacement. All working fine it seems.

Thanks a ton for your help!

As an aside: I was careful to retain the ability conditions for the Cloak (i.e. Instant/Equipped), but I didn't understand what the "power" value on each Ability did. I changed it to 3 (from 0) to match the latest spell values, and that seems to be correct.

Edited by spanyam