Forum Software Updates and Questions

7 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Have you guys had these a lot ?

[img=https://i.ibb.co/8DjKkNH/Sieppa2a.jpg]

Cause I kinda have. And why does the preview show the image, but the final post does NOT !

A lot?  That message should only show up while the forum software is being updated, which is something the admins trigger.

There was one big update that prompted this topic (10-15 minutes) and then a small one (1 minute) yesterday.

I'm not sure what's going on if you're seeing them more often.  I've never experienced them outside of the updates.

On 8/21/2020 at 4:30 AM, argent77 said:

I noticed something weird (not sure if added by the recent update). The forum editor automatically replaces "x" by a multiplication sign when placed between two digits (whitespace is ignored), e.g. when used by hexadecimal notation for numbers. Can this kind of "autocorrection" be turned off somewhere?

Examples: 0x123, 0xx123, 0 x 123, 0 xx 123

On 8/21/2020 at 2:47 PM, Mike1072 said:

Eww, I hope so.  I'll investigate.

Edit:

@argent77 It turns out this is simply a display issue and is actually caused by the font (Inter).  I'll think about whether it's a big enough issue to justify swapping to a different font.

I swapped out the font.

1 hour ago, Mike1072 said:

A lot?  That message should only show up while the forum software is being updated

I was asking from others... as it happened at least 3 different times, in a while, and there were also times when the forum didn't load at all. All the while the SHSforums were up.

I think they messed up and released this version of the software early.  They have since released 2 patches and it's now labelled as a beta version.  And things keep breaking... now it's the background and the website.

Your patience is appreciated while this is sorted out.

Separate issue, not cosmetic, may been reported elsewhere, point me to the link if it has--- when did some threads start getting Archived?? That was not a thing in the past.

e.g. Conflict with cleric and druid HLA tables from Refinements - Divine Remix - The Gibberlings Three

What's the policy about when that happens? Can moderators UnArchive threads?

1 minute ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Read the last reply... it litterally says that the requested feature won't happen.

Jarno, what are you on about? Go back, Scroll to the bottom to the page, you'll see the thread is 'Archived' - better known as 'Locked' to new posts.

29 minutes ago, Azazello said:

Jarno, what are you on about? Go back, Scroll to the bottom to the page, you'll see the thread is 'Archived' - better known as 'Locked' to new posts.

Yeah, I explained, if you go into the threads last post, it reads: "Long story short, this isn't going to happen."

Which would explain why the thread was ... ?!? Can you guess what ? Locked.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola