Zakrion for BG1: Bug Reports and Problems

jmaeq

Hey there! Exciting to see a new BG NPC mod! Thought I'd do a bit of a typo hunt for you, but I'm leaving most of his chats until I've played through with him so I don't get spoiled. Here are the ones I've found in his banter, recruitment and kick out chats. I put typos in bold and possible grammatical errors or things I wasn't sure of in brackets. Hope it helps! Excited to play through and see what you've made!!

Spoiler

Recruitment:

@42 = ~A traveller, like you. That's all you need to know.~

Banter:

@3 = ~I could take my five coins to another part of the world and that same porridge and pint of ale would cost me two coins.~

@94 = ~The young lad plucked and flung the worm away and ate the apple. Nothing happened to the boy, but exactly three days later, a giant worm came knocking upon his door and demanded the the young lad to surrender the apple.~

@97 = ~That's clearly a tale you tell little kids to ensure that they don't eaten rotten food on the ground. We both know big worms seeking revenge on someone who ate its apple don't exist. (Maybe swap to “We both know big worms seeking revenge on people who eat their apples don’t exist”). That's only in children stories.~

@104 = ~I bet you have quite a bit of (few) stories to tell, Coran, being an elf and all. You've probably lived for centuries.~

@111 = ~You didn't let me get (give me) a chance to finish my entire answer to your question.~

@123 = ~But, there has to (have to) be some distinctions between a captain and his crew. This is my personal distinction from my crew.~

@156 = ~You're kind of blocking my view from the surrounding environment too, especially when the winds pick up and makes my (your) robe fly in all kinds of directions.~

@159 = ~Better yet, how would (looks like “I” is missing, or “who would defend”) defend you while you're casting your spells?~

@165 = ~(No, you filthy, obtuse miscreant, I will never stand aside.) Who are you to tell direct (looks like this should just be direct, but I could be misreading) a brilliant wizard?~

@175 = ~One bite would kill an idiotic (idiot, or one of Edwin’s other verbose insults was incomplete here!) like you. (A missed opportunity to poison this man child's food.)~

@189 = ~I didn't strike you (Looks like this should be, “You don’t strike me) as a sailor but having a bard onboard would definitely boost the crew's morale.~

@198 = ~Your benefactor will undoubtedly pay for a new ship and new crew members. All you would have to do is to woo her from time to time. It will be even more romantic if you're across the world and you send your lovely benefactor a gift from foreign lands. She'll be swooning and shower you with riches every time you visit her and you won't have to visit her very often, seeing as how you're a sailor.~

@281 = ~As a sailor, we would have to ration, (there’s a double space here) especially if we were on the sea for longer than two weeks. Being the captain, I always start the rationing with the bottom tier of the crew. That way, I'd almost always get my three meals - I am the captain and I know where we're going, so I think it's fair. Don't look at me like that.~

@282 = ~During the hard times where my crew mates are desperate, they have a habit of stealing my meals when I'm taking a bathroom break, checking the sails, or navigating the ship (should this sentence be in past tense?). So, I've learned to always keep one eye on my food. Being on the ocean was good practice for traveling on the road here.~

@357 = ~It's not that simple. Deheriana was everything to me and we pledged to love each other until the end of time. After she has been revenged, I will rejoin her.~

@393 = ~You mentioned that Buttercup was part cat, does this mean that Boo will be in danger if Buttercup was introduced to him?~

@398 = ~I meant no offense by it, I love halflings. They need know (should this just be “know”?) how to make the best salbread.~

@411 = ~You don't know the meaning of true sadness until you see one of the most intelligent and most handsome gnomes leave his home village. Everyone was so sad to see me go that no one was there for my departure. They would probable (were probably) beside themselves crying...~

@412 = ~Nevertheless, I was mentored under Gifos, a decently talented magician, but once again, I exceeded his expectations soon after being (becoming) his mentee. Now, here I am. Is that not an incredible feat for one such as I?~

@422 = ~Can a crew of pirates be trustworthy? That sounds like an oxymoron to me. I would've thought an esteemed pirate captain would know how to control a rowdy bunch, but you seem rather young and not exceptionally talented as I was at your age.~

@511 = ~Ouch. I've been called many things, but buffoon is the first one I've gotten (maybe, “buffoon is a first”).~

@518 = ~The great Tiax wonders why you haven't been melted into nothingness.~

@519 = ~I don't (didn’t) think you were that stupid to believe me when I said I was melting. I'm not a witch.~

@533 = ~Iblith! Do not speak of the Spider Queen so ignorantly. I'm surprised you have not been mutilated by anyone yet for the way your mouth runs on.~

@542 = ~Even if I was constantly told I wasn't allowed outside, my curiosity would get the better of me and I'd eventually step outside.~

@575 = ~And no, my first mate wasn't (isn’t, or make the “is” a “was” in the next sentence) an ugly halfling. He is a half elf.~

@589 = ~So, what's the occasion?~

EE:

@23 = ~Sure, sure, but I must to (“have to” or just “must”) disagree with that.~

Leaving party:

@5 = ~Alright, I don't have a ship to go back to(,) anyway. Might as well wait around until Lady Luck happens to throw me a new one.~

@7 = ~I'll find something to do in the meantime. I should probably go find a new ship and a new crew.~

20 hours ago, PotiusMori said:

Hey there! Exciting to see a new BG NPC mod! Thought I'd do a bit of a typo hunt for you, but I'm leaving most of his chats until I've played through with him so I don't get spoiled. Here are the ones I've found in his banter, recruitment and kick out chats. I put typos in bold and possible grammatical errors or things I wasn't sure of in brackets. Hope it helps! Excited to play through and see what you've made!!

Hide contents

Recruitment:

@42 = ~A traveller, like you. That's all you need to know.~

Banter:

@3 = ~I could take my five coins to another part of the world and that same porridge and pint of ale would cost me two coins.~

@94 = ~The young lad plucked and flung the worm away and ate the apple. Nothing happened to the boy, but exactly three days later, a giant worm came knocking upon his door and demanded the the young lad to surrender the apple.~

@97 = ~That's clearly a tale you tell little kids to ensure that they don't eaten rotten food on the ground. We both know big worms seeking revenge on someone who ate its apple don't exist. (Maybe swap to “We both know big worms seeking revenge on people who eat their apples don’t exist”). That's only in children stories.~

@104 = ~I bet you have quite a bit of (few) stories to tell, Coran, being an elf and all. You've probably lived for centuries.~

@111 = ~You didn't let me get (give me) a chance to finish my entire answer to your question.~

@123 = ~But, there has to (have to) be some distinctions between a captain and his crew. This is my personal distinction from my crew.~

@156 = ~You're kind of blocking my view from the surrounding environment too, especially when the winds pick up and makes my (your) robe fly in all kinds of directions.~

@159 = ~Better yet, how would (looks like “I” is missing, or “who would defend”) defend you while you're casting your spells?~

@165 = ~(No, you filthy, obtuse miscreant, I will never stand aside.) Who are you to tell direct (looks like this should just be direct, but I could be misreading) a brilliant wizard?~

@175 = ~One bite would kill an idiotic (idiot, or one of Edwin’s other verbose insults was incomplete here!) like you. (A missed opportunity to poison this man child's food.)~

@189 = ~I didn't strike you (Looks like this should be, “You don’t strike me) as a sailor but having a bard onboard would definitely boost the crew's morale.~

@198 = ~Your benefactor will undoubtedly pay for a new ship and new crew members. All you would have to do is to woo her from time to time. It will be even more romantic if you're across the world and you send your lovely benefactor a gift from foreign lands. She'll be swooning and shower you with riches every time you visit her and you won't have to visit her very often, seeing as how you're a sailor.~

@281 = ~As a sailor, we would have to ration, (there’s a double space here) especially if we were on the sea for longer than two weeks. Being the captain, I always start the rationing with the bottom tier of the crew. That way, I'd almost always get my three meals - I am the captain and I know where we're going, so I think it's fair. Don't look at me like that.~

@282 = ~During the hard times where my crew mates are desperate, they have a habit of stealing my meals when I'm taking a bathroom break, checking the sails, or navigating the ship (should this sentence be in past tense?). So, I've learned to always keep one eye on my food. Being on the ocean was good practice for traveling on the road here.~

@357 = ~It's not that simple. Deheriana was everything to me and we pledged to love each other until the end of time. After she has been revenged, I will rejoin her.~

@393 = ~You mentioned that Buttercup was part cat, does this mean that Boo will be in danger if Buttercup was introduced to him?~

@398 = ~I meant no offense by it, I love halflings. They need know (should this just be “know”?) how to make the best salbread.~

@411 = ~You don't know the meaning of true sadness until you see one of the most intelligent and most handsome gnomes leave his home village. Everyone was so sad to see me go that no one was there for my departure. They would probable (were probably) beside themselves crying...~

@412 = ~Nevertheless, I was mentored under Gifos, a decently talented magician, but once again, I exceeded his expectations soon after being (becoming) his mentee. Now, here I am. Is that not an incredible feat for one such as I?~

@422 = ~Can a crew of pirates be trustworthy? That sounds like an oxymoron to me. I would've thought an esteemed pirate captain would know how to control a rowdy bunch, but you seem rather young and not exceptionally talented as I was at your age.~

@511 = ~Ouch. I've been called many things, but buffoon is the first one I've gotten (maybe, “buffoon is a first”).~

@518 = ~The great Tiax wonders why you haven't been melted into nothingness.~

@519 = ~I don't (didn’t) think you were that stupid to believe me when I said I was melting. I'm not a witch.~

@533 = ~Iblith! Do not speak of the Spider Queen so ignorantly. I'm surprised you have not been mutilated by anyone yet for the way your mouth runs on.~

@542 = ~Even if I was constantly told I wasn't allowed outside, my curiosity would get the better of me and I'd eventually step outside.~

@575 = ~And no, my first mate wasn't (isn’t, or make the “is” a “was” in the next sentence) an ugly halfling. He is a half elf.~

@589 = ~So, what's the occasion?~

EE:

@23 = ~Sure, sure, but I must to (“have to” or just “must”) disagree with that.~

Leaving party:

@5 = ~Alright, I don't have a ship to go back to(,) anyway. Might as well wait around until Lady Luck happens to throw me a new one.~

@7 = ~I'll find something to do in the meantime. I should probably go find a new ship and a new crew.~

It seems like no matter how much I proofread, I always miss so much - thank you so much for taking the time to bring attention to these. 

I know that some of the words/phrases could have been phrased better, but as this is how the character speaks - I don't want to take away from that. Although, I often wonder if it is more important to sound better or for the character to speak incorrectly, if you will. I also understand that there are some words that can be spelled differently, such as traveler or traveller, and this may be due to where we are in the world.

However, even with my comments, I can see I still have quite a few typos. Once again, thank you for this - it is truly appreciated. :)

Hello, I have a problem with the installation. 

WARNING: internal label [1] not found in processed DLG [GARDEN]
ERROR: COPY_TRANS GARDEN state #1 out of range 0-1, SKIPPED
ERROR: Cannot process COPY_TRANS (Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range"))
And I have no idea what to do. 

I've got a problem with the installation too. Like...at first everything was fine, but then I've got some prob with a game, so I had to reinstall it.  And now, when I try to install the mod, I got this message:

ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/Zakrion_BG1/Dialogues/QI#ZAKJ.d]: Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range")
Stopping installation because of error.

Every damn time, I have no clue what do I do wrong.

P.s YAY! I've installed this mod and it works perfectly! I just forgot to install something important at first(at least, I think that was the prob). Sorry for bothering)

Edited by Martin
On 12/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, Chitown Willie said:

Any chance of making Zakrion compatible with non-EE?

Swashbuckler, perhaps?

I'd like to do that some time in the future, I would just need to find my old BG disc to test it...

Additionally, apologies to all that have reported their bugs here... I am glad they are fixed - you didn't need me. ;)

Edited by jmaeq

Hi there, I am having the same issue didn't find what mod i need to işnstall first though. I tried clean reinstall and just with modmerge, anyone know what else I should do?

ERROR: processing COPY_TRANS [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/Zakrion_BG1/Dialogues/QI#ZAKJ.d]: Failure("COPY_TRANS out of range")

Edited by ramenbito
Guest Respite

Same issue as ramenbito. I've tried downloading both the zip file and exe separately to see if maybe one of those was missing a component, but both give me the same error report. I'd really rather not re-install, especially if others have tried it and it hasn't always fixed the issue. Is the problem the lack of the Sword and Fist mod? Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:14 PM, Guest Respite said:

Same issue as ramenbito. I've tried downloading both the zip file and exe separately to see if maybe one of those was missing a component, but both give me the same error report. I'd really rather not re-install, especially if others have tried it and it hasn't always fixed the issue. Is the problem the lack of the Sword and Fist mod? Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

I tried that nope doesn't work. Must be another mod i guess I am still on the lookout. If I ever manage to find it I ill write here but I highly doubt I could find it =(

Edited by ramenbito
Guest Respite

Just back to report that I updated to the most recent patch, thinking that maybe the version I was playing might be the issue, tried to install Zakrion again, and it still gives me the same error message. :( If anyone who got it working could give me some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you're using game version 2.6 and 2.6-compatible EET, this may be bugged due to EET no longer supporting mods installed on BGEE prior to EET.

Making Zakrion officially EET compatible would likely solve this problem if it is a problem.

Edited by Endarire
Guest Guest Respite
On 7/19/2021 at 8:25 AM, Endarire said:

If you're using game version 2.6 and 2.6-compatible EET, this may be bugged due to EET no longer supporting mods installed on BGEE prior to EET.

Making Zakrion officially EET compatible would likely solve this problem if it is a problem.

I appreciate the help, but I don't use EET unfortunately. Moreover, this issue was going on even before the 2.6 update. I still have no idea what's gone wrong and can only hope someone has time to look into this someday. :(

On 5/14/2021 at 4:27 PM, ramenbito said:

Hi there, I am having the same issue didn't find what mod i need to işnstall first though. I tried clean reinstall and just with modmerge, anyone know what else I should do?

The mod tries to patch garden.dlg state 1 but the dialogue only has "0" states (the engine starts counting at 0). All I can offer is a quick instruction how you can prep the mod files so this error will not show during installation:

Before installing the mod, open "Zakrion_BG1/Dialogues/QI#ZAKJ.d" with a simple text editor (do not use MS Word as it leaves traces the installer chokes on) and change this (make sure you save the files as a ".d" file again):

//Garden Lad
I_C_T GARDEN 1 QI#ZakGardenLad1
== QI#ZAKJ IF ~InParty("QI#ZAK") InMyArea("QI#ZAK") !StateCheck("QI#ZAK",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN 
@56
END

to this (the "1" is replaced with a "0"):

//Garden Lad
I_C_T GARDEN 0 QI#ZakGardenLad1
== QI#ZAKJ IF ~InParty("QI#ZAK") InMyArea("QI#ZAK") !StateCheck("QI#ZAK",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN 
@56
END

This should eliminate the install error. I do not know whether the interjection was meant to happen here, though, so it's well possible Zakrion will say a line that's not fitting if this game character is encountered.