"Improved NPC Customisation and Management" Component Bug

Advancing level-by-level is fairly systematically built into the component (that was actually the original purpose of building it).

Dual-classing a character part-way through the levelling process is going to cause some trouble though. It's just very hard to handle inside this framework. I'm not 100% sure what would happen to be honest (unless they're one of the specifically marked-for-dualling characters, like Imoen or Anomen.)

So, sounds like leaving the chars at level 0 as an option is a good safety net for people like me. You could also let the component advance characters manually one level at a time in the settings menu - going off of a similar honor system as not making everyone into a Dwarven Defender.

On 9/5/2020 at 2:48 PM, DavidW said:

OK - no, that's definitely not intended. I'll have a look at how that's happening.

I also found yesterday that a similar bug seems to appear with spells sequencers, contingencies etc. for mages.

Each time a NPC who (re)joins the party gets a level with the NPC component, he gets a new sequencer ability. For example, in my playthrough, i saw this on Edwin by having him quit and rejoin the part multiple times. He now sits on 7 minor sequencers abilities at level 9. I don't think he could launch more than one at the time, but the display is not right. More importantly, this bug seems to follow the same logic than the one with the thief "one time only" abilities. I could be wrong though.