Installer "skipping" general initialization

Guest JediMindTrix

Guest JediMindTrix

EET install, before installing the END component. For whatever reason, the install is not offering the 'general initialization' component, and I am therefore only able to install the Icewind Dale components and the EET text mod. It skips every single other component. Am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, Guest JediMindTrix said:

EET install, before installing the END component.

This is because the SCS requires the EET_end component installed before the SCS. Which is why it skips all the other components, yes, it checks the games state to be an EET without the EET_END and so doesn't allow intalling the other components.

The SCS readme might have a mention of this. Also this might clue you in:

"On Enhanced Edition installs, SCS must be installed AFTER the EET_end component. Install that component, then install SCS."

And yes, that's very much opposite than the regular stock moding scenario.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Guest JediMindTrix

"The SCS readme might have a mention of this." I read the Compatibility and Installation notes and it does not appear to mention this.

""On Enhanced Edition installs, SCS must be installed AFTER the EET_end component. Install that component, then install SCS."  Can you link me to where it says this please?

24 minutes ago, Guest JediMindTrix said:

""On Enhanced Edition installs, SCS must be installed AFTER the EET_end component. Install that component, then install SCS."  Can you link me to where it says this please?

It's a quote from your own posts link ! As, in it's in the debug file. MANY, MANY TIMES !

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
2 hours ago, Guest JediMindTrix said:

Simmer down.

Somehow you give the impression that I was being aggressive. I wasn't. Just pointed out that you could have read the report and find out this yourself. A second time. Which is why the exclamation marks, and the capital letters. I understand that the letters don't give the full frontal experience as talking does, in communication... so I sometimes have to resort to other means. 😛