Cleric/mage NPCs start with no mage spells when using Improved NPC customisation

OK, this is subtler than I thought. The reason it's only a problem for cleric/mages is that my system relies on the 'get some mage spells' CLAB ability being applied before the 'stop autolevelling if you're high enough level already' CLAB ability is applied, and the engine applies the cleric CLAB before the mage CLAB.

(Yes, this is horrendously complicated behind the scenes, why do you ask?)

1 hour ago, DavidW said:

OK, this is subtler than I thought. The reason it's only a problem for cleric/mages is that my system relies on the 'get some mage spells' CLAB ability being applied before the 'stop autolevelling if you're high enough level already' CLAB ability is applied, and the engine applies the cleric CLAB before the mage CLAB.

(Yes, this is horrendously complicated behind the scenes, why do you ask?)

¿Que?

(No, don't even think about trying to explain, I don't know anything about "CLAB"s to begin with, :p.) The good news is that even if you don't get it fixed, it is a relatively minor issue that only affects...like, one or two characters?

OK, I basically have this fixed.

There is a residual edge case: if you kick a cleric/mage from the party, gain some levels, and re-recruit them, they won't always gain their highest level of new spells when they rejoin the party. The workaround is to suck it up, I'm afraid: fixing it would either require a lot more QA than I have time for right now, or risk breaking something more serious.