SCS Installation failing

Guest Ketain

Guest Ketain

I am currently tying to install EET and some mods - including SCS - for the first time. 

I use Project Infinity.

Directly after downloading SCS through the download assistant in PI I noticed that the various options of the mod were broken. 
They read like UNDEFINED STRING: @169.

After sorting and checking some boxes for testing I started the installation. It failed printing the following error message:

[F:\Spiele\Steam\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition - Kopie\setup-stratagems.exe] WeiDU version 24700
ERROR: No translation provided for @0
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2]: Not_found

I located the allegedly missing file in stratagems/setup-stratagems.tp2 soooo what could be the cause?
Other mods are working. All of them are installed and none of them, as far as I can see, throw any errors. I also used the dlcMerge tool for SoD if this is important. 

Has anyone any idea?

17 minutes ago, Guest Ketain said:

Has anyone any idea?

You didn't extract the archive correctly. This is shown to you by the simple fact that the translations are provided in a seperate file than the other code, so it being missing is a sign that the whole archive wasn't extracted corretly.

Go into the mods folder and you should see this screen:

scsfilea.jpg

Guest Ketain

mhh but it does look like that in the extraction folder that I had to set in PI.

The lang/english subfolders are present as well as the setup.tra (and other files).

Does it have anything to do with the whitespaces in the paths?

Guest Ketain

ahh damn. Then the only possibility is to wait for an SCS update?
Or is there an option to tell PI to use a lower WeiDU version?

Thanks for your help. It's really appreciated. :)

One easy way of making sure that weidu v246 is used is to

1. Cut+paste all the other weidu installers from your BG2 folder into a temporary folder,
  2. Copy Setup-Stratagems.exe from the SCS download into your BG2 folder. 
  3. Run Setup-Stratagems.exe and install all the components you would want to install.
  4. Copy all the other weidu installers back to your BG2 folder, probably overwriting Setup-Stratagems.exe in the process

If you want to make changes, you are going to have to repeat this process and other issues may arise.

I don't think this will work with Project Infinity, but since SCS is normally installed at the very end of any install it isn't as disruptive as it would be for other mods if you just handle SCS by itself.