Russian translation + bug fixes

Austin

Hello! p_zombie from the Arcanecoast forum translated this mod into Russian, and also fixed several bugs that it found. Here is a link to the result of the work: https://www.mediafire.com/file/oaue1lebpmx5y04/IWD2_NPC_V5-RUS-v10-1.OrigSound.zip/file

Please update the mod officially!

List of fixes:

Spoiler

JAEMB.D
++ @319 /* ~Such a question at this time of day!~ */ DO ~IncrementGlobal("P#JaemalPCTalk","GLOBAL",1) SetGlobalTimer("P#JaemalPCTalkTimer","GLOBAL",6000) SetGlobalTimer("P#AllTimer","GLOBAL",1800)~ + P#JaPC6.1
(It was: ++ @319 /* ~Such a question at this time of day!~ */ + P#JaPC6.1
So the variables were not updated and the dialog appeared over and over again)

P#NIKOB.D
Removed line 351: ++ @ 169 / * ~ Just don't forget to invite me to the wedding! ~ * / + P # NiPC10.7
This was a duplicate of line 348 in the same dialog.

P#PRACB.D
++ @483 /* ~My head is hurting.~ */ + P#PrPC6.3
(It was: ++ @483 /* ~My head is hurting.~ */ + P#PrPC6.10. This led to dialogue looping)

P#RIZDB.D
== P#PRACB IF ~!Global("P#RizdaerRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1) !Global("P#RizdaerRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN @287 /* ~You commit yourself to such solitude of mind and soul - and all for naught. For you're not studying self; you just want... isolation.~ */
(It was: == P#RIZDB IF ~!Global("P#RizdaerRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1) !Global("P#RizdaerRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN @287 /* ~You commit yourself to such solitude of mind and soul - and all for naught. For you're not studying self; you just want... isolation.~ */, that is the Rizdaer spoke the text to Prachi)

Party.txt moved from IWD2NPC to directories IWD2NPC\English and IWD2NPC\Russian, as it requires translation.
The IWD2NPC\chr directory has been moved to the IWD2NPC\English and IWD2NPC\Russian directories, as it requires translation.

Setup-IWD2NPC.TP2 - added Russian language. Further everywhere in the original added /%LANGUAGE%/

Weidu version upgraded version to 23600, otherwise logic problems.

On 3/29/2021 at 6:37 PM, jastey said:

Why would that be a problem?

SOLVED! Explanation in the next post

I don't have IWD2 myself, but p_zombie and our other testers reported that the mod only works correctly on WeiDU 23600. According to them, on other versions (including version 24600), many dialogues and battles did not work as they should. For example, the dialogue with Nord, where he gives gifts, did not appear. It was the same with the dialogue with the druid about saving people, etc.
I quote a p_zombie: "It looks like the mod uses some features or functions of weidu, which were subsequently changed or removed. With various older versions of weidu, there were some similar problems in the game. With weidu 23600 it worked without problems. So I would recommended using only version 23600 with this mod to avoid problems in the game, and no other. I have not tested the mod on version 24700, but I do not think that the situation will change with it, since these problems were present on 24600 "

Edited by Austin
On 4/1/2021 at 1:00 PM, marcnivar said:

is the bug fix applicable for English version as well?

Yes, the fixes in the d-files apply to the English version as well! But it's better to wait for the official update.

Edited by Austin
21 hours ago, jastey said:

I can't pack OSX package with weidu v247.

We do not have the opportunity to test the mod on OSX with WeiDU 247, since none of the testers have this system.

Edited by Austin
On 3/28/2021 at 10:19 PM, jastey said:

@Austin I have updated the readme and version number. I do not have IWDII installed. Would someone please

-test the install

-package Windows, Linus, and OSX versions

so I can update the download's page. Thank you in advance.

IWD_NPC_V6.zip 23.89 MB · 17 downloads

Hello! This archive has been checked, but the download page still has an old version without translation :(

I'll clarify that in recent tests, this version worked well on both WeiDU 247 and 246.

Edited by Austin