Cure moderate wounds icon/name missing?

kreon

I searched around and didn't see this reported - so not sure if this is something particular to my installation or not. As in the attached image, Cure Moderate Wounds lacks an icon, and it also has a bugged name in the description. I have the following mods installed:

• Ascension
  • SCS
  • SR
  • IR + IRR
  • Tweaks Anthology

Any thoughts/easy fixes? Or should I just try reinstalling all of the mods again? Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-10-24 181214.png

1 hour ago, kreon said:

I searched around and didn't see this reported - so not sure if this is something particular to my installation or not. As in the attached image, Cure Moderate Wounds lacks an icon, and it also has a bugged name in the description. I have the following mods installed:

• Ascension
  • SCS
  • SR
  • IR + IRR
  • Tweaks Anthology

Any thoughts/easy fixes?

If that's your install order, it could be causing issues (though I don't know about this one in particular).  SCS should be installed after SR and IR.

If you post the full contents of your WeiDU.log file, we'll be able to see the specific components and versions of mods you installed and can advise from there.

Alright - reinstalled and the icon for cure moderate wounds is still missing. My weidu.log is attached if anyone can help! Weirdly, it also seems like non-Gnome Mage multiclasses default to Abjurer, which doesn't make sense. That's not a huge issue though as I can fix that once with EEKeeper.

WeiDU.log

Thought recommended install order was:

ToBEx
    BG2 Fixpack
    Baldur's Gate Trilogy
    Unfinished Business
    Quest Pack
    Rogue Rebalancing
    1pp
    Item Revisions (main component)
    Spell Revisions (main component)

Infinity Animations (main component)
    Anthology Tweaks
    Sword Coast Stratagems
    atweaks
    Infinity Animations (secondary components)
    Item Revisions (secondary components)
    Spell Revisions (secondary components)

@Chitown Willie That is probably a better general install order, but it may not make much of a difference in this case.

The important thing is that IR's global tweaks are installed after mods that add items and the less important thing is that SR's update spellbooks component is installed after mods that add joinable NPCs.  There may be a couple of items added depending on which components are installed in Tweaks Anthology or SCS, but the impact would be minor.  IR used to recognize certain components in BG2 Tweaks and prevent installation of duplicate components but I don't think it's been updated to account for Tweaks Anthology.

Taking a look at the WeiDU.log provided by @kreon, I wouldn't recommend installing Tweaks Anthology's "Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies" in combination with IR's "Weapon Changes".  IR's component includes the proficiency changes and I can't recall what happens if the Tweaks Anthology component is installed at the same time.  (Probably nothing, or at most something weird with how the proficiency is listed in the item description, so not anything to worry about too much.)

Otherwise, I don't see anything that looks too out-of-place or would explain the issue you are seeing, but the log is helpful to let us try to replicate the install and do some testing when we have time.  If you want to try to fix the issue in your game, you can use Near Infinity to locate the Cure Moderate Wounds spell and modify the icons and description.  (The icons have the prefix "SPPR315".)

5 hours ago, Mike1072 said:

I stand by what I said.

Then could you pretend to wonder why this is ?

The .tpa code:

//ADD_SPELL: Cure Moderate Wounds
ADD_SPELL ~spell_rev\sppr2##\sppr215.spl~ 1 2 ~CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS~ // Cure Moderate Wounds (moved from lvl 3, originally Cure Medium Wounds)
  SAY NAME1 @59    SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @60

It has no modifications done to the .spl files offsets 0x003a, it's in the normal BG2 game, a sppr315c.bam, which is same in the Spell revs -files. But .bam is not copied during the install process. ... you might want to fix that.

Now, the SRR might fix that, but I have't the time to check.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
13 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

It has no modifications done to the .spl files offsets 0x003a, it's in the normal BG2 game, a sppr315c.bam, which is same in the Spell revs -files. But .bam is not copied during the install process. ... you might want to fix that.

No, it doesn't need to be copied over if it already exists.

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Guys, guys, this is a known bug. Well, known to me, at any rate. Just an odd interaction between the latest version of SR and the latest version of SCS

To fix manually, edit CMW in NI and set the icons to sppr315B/C. Eventually SCS will likely need to fix the issue. 

Thank you, I thought that it sounded familiar but I didn't want to lay blame based on a vague recollection.

11 hours ago, kreon said:

I could only find SPPR315B.BAM while I was using near infinity - not sure if that's important or if I'm doing something wrong. That's just the icon with the stone backdrop. It works fine though so thanks all!

There are two locations in SPL files where icons are specified:

• the spellbook icon is stored in the SPL header and this is where the .BAM file variant with the "C" suffix should be used
  • the stone icon is stored in the ability header(s) and this is where the .BAM file variant with the "B" suffix should be used

In Near Infinity, the place to assign the spellbook icon can be found by navigating to the SPL file, clicking the Edit tab header, and locating the field labelled "Spell icon" at offset 0x3a.

The place to assign the stone icon can be found on the same Edit tab by scrolling down to the list of abilities at the bottom, and then for each ability (labelled "Spell ability 0", etc.):

• either double-clicking it or selecting it and pressing the View/Edit button
  • locating the field labelled "Icon" at relative offset 0x04
15 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Guys, guys, this is a known bug. Well, known to me, at any rate. Just an odd interaction between the latest version of SR and the latest version of SCS

To fix manually, edit CMW in NI and set the icons to sppr315B/C. Eventually SCS will likely need to fix the issue. 

Thanks! I just searched the Spell Revisions forum so missed that report.

16 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

... set the icons to sppr315B/C. Eventually SCS will likely need to fix the issue. 

Hmm, but if that is the case, is the legitimate fix to actually fix it in SCS, or fix it in the source of the problem and FIX the sppr315B/C.bam to be sppr215B/C.bam in the spell and copy the file from the mods folder ... or rather it's redefined actual .bam files, as the spell is added to the game via the ADD_SPELL, rather than set in stone, as the reference can change, via the ADD_SPELL if it doesn't get to be sppr215.spl, but say sppr219.spl for example.

After all this problem is caused by the fact that the spell level has been changed from 3 to 2, and the SR's 4th level healing spell might also uses the sppr315...bam files.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola