How do enemy memorized spells and abilities get chosen?

Is it correct to say that enemy memorized spells (and sequencers, as appropriate) get chosen once at install and then are always the same?  So, a player would need to reinstall in order to re-rerandomize enemy spells and abilities?

I thought I read somewhere that's how it works, but I can't find it...

If that is the mechanic, what's the easiest way to reinstall to refresh enemy abilities? Just uninstall/reinstall the Mage/Priest AI packages?

Thank you in advance to anyone (or David) who knows!

Ah OK. I just started writing a reply saying I still don't understand the system but on further reflection I think I do. The creature gets generated and saved on area load, so even if SCS reinstall refreshes spell/ability tables, the reinstall wouldn't update tables for any creature that had already been generated. That makes sense.

I will probably not worry about an SCS reinstall for BG1, but will reinstall for BG2 once the party gets there (assuming my monk makes it).

Thank you!

51 minutes ago, Jabberwock said:

. The creature gets generated and saved on area load, so even if SCS reinstall refreshes spell/ability tables, the reinstall wouldn't update tables for any creature that had already been generated.

Or rather the creature gets generated when the mod component is installed, then it get's loaded and saved when the area is loaded... same difference. OK, so there are summoned creatures that this wouldn't effect, but generally, the same difference.