Beta Testing Issues

1 minute ago, jastey said:

You should be able to report the dead Adjutant to the commander, that should remove the journal entry.

It didn't

The quest closes when you tell prison guard Jai about killing them.

it didn't

2 minutes ago, jastey said:

It's a bottle currently, which fits as it is not a potion?

It doesn't fit in the bottle case.  Tried everything but a key chain because I don't have one.

3 minutes ago, jastey said:

There is a quest path where you use up the Mimic powder.

I killed all the dopplegangers, but the powder was timer based...turned into the used up stuff based on time.  Couldn't stash either of the in any container, wouldn't have wanted to sell the good stuff, but the unused stuff would have been nice to have it either disappear or allow me to sell it.  At the very least let me stash it in one of my containers

13 minutes ago, Lauriel said:
18 minutes ago, jastey said:

The quest closes when you tell prison guard Jai about killing them.

it didn't

My bad.  I must have reloaded after telling him the first time so didn't try again.  It does indeed go away when you talk to him.

EDIT: However, the adjutant quest is still open and I have no more dialogue options with the commander

Edited by Lauriel
14 minutes ago, Lauriel said:
19 minutes ago, jastey said:

You should be able to report the dead Adjutant to the commander, that should remove the journal entry.

It didn't

Just to make sure: you told the commander: "~The hole leads into a seacave with several exits. We found the dead adjutant there, dead and hastily buried.~" after you discovered the body, the commander answered "~My poor adjutant! At least we will be able to bury him properly. I thank you for the info, I'll have his body retrieved as soon as possible.~" but the journal entry was not erased? It's in the transactions of the dialogue state so at least the code looks good.

18 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

It doesn't fit in the bottle case.

Thanks for clearification. It should, so we need to have a look at that.

19 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

I killed all the dopplegangers, but the powder was timer based...turned into the used up stuff based on time.

That's wanted behavior.

There is a way to spread the fumes of the bottle across the whole tower grounds so it goes faster to track down the doppelgangers.

There is a way to spread the fumes of the bottle across the whole tower grounds so it goes faster to track down the doppelgangers.

I figured there was, but I never discovered it.  I just walked around and killed them all.  They popped up right away.

2 minutes ago, jastey said:

Just to make sure: you told the commander: "~The hole leads into a seacave with several exits. We found the dead adjutant there, dead and hastily buried.~" after you discovered the body, the commander answered "~My poor adjutant! At least we will be able to bury him properly. I thank you for the info, I'll have his body retrieved as soon as possible.~" but the journal entry was not erased? It's in the transactions of the dialogue state so at least the code looks good.

The line I said was there, but the doppleganger adjutant was already in the room and so we went into combat.  So that 'my poor adjutant' line was never spoken.

<CHARNAME> - why are you in my office? Make it quick. My adjutant just informed me that you're threatening the tower's safety. Are you here to threaten my life?  This is the line I got from the commander.  I didn't get a chance to respond, but I remember using that line 'The hole leads to a seacave', but it might have been after the fight was over in an attempt to clear out open quests.

And who knows if I had done a restart after that or not.  Gets pretty muddled after awhile.  All I know is, I cannot get rid of that open quest and there are no more dialogue lines with which to talk to the commander.

Edited by Lauriel
2 hours ago, Lauriel said:

but I never discovered it.

I have a faint feeling you didn't find the tanner.

1 hour ago, Lauriel said:

All I know is, I cannot get rid of that open quest and there are no more dialogue lines with which to talk to the commander.

OK, I'll keep it in mind. I don't see anything in the code, though. Maybe the journal entry gets reset if you click on the grave again or something.

Just now, jastey said:

I have a faint feeling you didn't find the tanner.

No I did...where along the process I can't say, but I was there.  I didn't visit him after dopplegangers were discovered, pretty sure..

Maybe the journal entry gets reset if you click on the grave again or something.

Entirely possible.

1 hour ago, sl_andy said:

the bottle wasn't in Daverons room

Yes, apparently it's in "Ye Olde Inn" in South West BG. I seem to have changed the location to something accessible throughout the game but forgot to update the documentation.

The troll is glitchy. I had a player who received two items. I'll have to ponder about this. the mod uses the standard way of scripting trolls.

The barrel: what does the description say? Is it the fireproof one now? What exactly happens if you talk to the fire elemental?

The fireproof barrel is "bsbarrl3". It should be switched with the normal one in the fade to black moment when the fletcher said she would coat it. No idea why this didn't work for you.

Please dispose of the empty barrel. You are not supposed to have it at this point and it might lead to hickups if it is still in your inventory.

The troll item is "bswnchft".

@sl_andy Then the cutscene for the barrel coating didn't run then. The fletcher doesn't coat it right away. She gives the quest with the feathers from the kitchen if you haven't done that aleady and needs a potion of fire resistance to coat the barrel. After the coating, she should say ~Here you go. It should be fire proof enough to trap a fire elemental for at least a day.~

Guest 311stylee

@jastey There is a (minor?) mod conflict between this and Aura BG1 (tested with EET).  If you install the following mod components (Using Project Infinity):

Spoiler

On BG1EE:
DlcMerger:1:Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC

On BG2EE:
EET:0:EET core (resource importation)
bst:0:The BS Company presents Balduran's Seatower
Aura_BG1:0:Aura NPC for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
EET_end:0:Standard installation

You get the following warnings when installing Aura BG1:

Spoiler

#[action list near line 56, column 2 of BDFIST64.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 58 column 1-41
#Near Text: )
#    [CreateCreature] argument [NWW] not found in [Face.IDS]
#[action list near line 61, column 2 of BDVOICE1.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 66 column 1-41
#    [CreateCreature] argument [SEE] not found in [Face.IDS]
#[action list near line 31, column 2 of CULT3.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 40 column 1-39
#[action list near line 48, column 2 of CULT3.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 57 column 1-39
#[action list near line 66, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 67 column 1-38
#[action list near line 66, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 68 column 1-39
#[action list near line 66, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 69 column 1-39
#[action list near line 66, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 70 column 1-39
#[action list near line 66, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 71 column 1-39
#[action list near line 87, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 88 column 1-38
#[action list near line 87, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 89 column 1-39
#[action list near line 87, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 90 column 1-39
#[action list near line 87, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 91 column 1-39
#[action list near line 87, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 92 column 1-39
#[action list near line 98, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 99 column 1-38
#[action list near line 98, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 100 column 1-39
#[action list near line 98, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 101 column 1-39
#[action list near line 98, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 102 column 1-39
#[action list near line 98, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 103 column 1-39
#[action list near line 109, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 110 column 1-38
#[action list near line 109, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 111 column 1-39
#[action list near line 109, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 112 column 1-39
#[action list near line 109, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 113 column 1-39
#[action list near line 109, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 114 column 1-39
#[action list near line 125, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 126 column 1-38
#[action list near line 125, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 127 column 1-39
#[action list near line 125, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 128 column 1-39
#[action list near line 125, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 129 column 1-39
#[action list near line 125, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 130 column 1-39
#[action list near line 152, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 153 column 1-38
#[action list near line 152, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 154 column 1-39
#[action list near line 152, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 155 column 1-39
#[action list near line 152, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 156 column 1-39
#[action list near line 152, column 2 of GLANMA.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 157 column 1-39
#[action list near line 117, column 2 of HPRELATE.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 119 column 1-40
#    [CreateCreature] argument [SWW] not found in [Face.IDS]
#[action list near line 125, column 2 of HPRELATE.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 127 column 1-40
#[action list near line 79, column 2 of SAHIMP01.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 80 column 1-41
#    [CreateCreature] argument [NEE] not found in [Face.IDS]
#[action list near line 79, column 2 of SAHIMP01.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 83 column 1-41
#[action list near line 79, column 2 of SAHIMP01.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 84 column 1-41
#[action list near line 142, column 2 of SHTHASS1.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 144 column 1-38
#[action list near line 142, column 2 of SHTHASS1.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 145 column 1-38
#[action list near line 142, column 2 of SHTHASS1.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 146 column 1-38
#[action list near line 142, column 2 of SHTHASS1.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 147 column 1-39

But it still says that Aura BG1 installed successfully.  Is this something I should be worried about?  Actually if you switch their install order you get what appears to be the same warnings when installing EET End.  Which are the same warnings you get when not installing Aura BG1 (DLC + EET + BST + EET End).