Beta Testing Issues

24 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

There is no such compass point SEE.  It is ESE.  Etc...

Is this a country thing maybe? USA vs. Canada vs. UK. Because that's what BeamDog appearently uses for the SoD ressources. They fail to be converted for EET if it's ESE and not SEE etc.

FWIW, everything I have ever seen or heard or been taught from high school mathematics to Boy Scouts to classes in orientation and land nav says it is e.g. ESE and not SEE (I'm in the USA).  Looking on Wikipedia, the vast majority of languages and cases behave thus:

The name of each half-wind is constructed by combining the names of the principal winds to either side, with the cardinal wind coming first and the intercardinal wind second.

I'm a bit confused on how the Chinese, Gaelic, etc. method extrapolates to the 16-wind compass rose (EES in this case?), but we're talking about internal systems of a game written in English here.  English (and French for any French Canadians working for Beamdog?) seem to unanimously use ESE, so no idea why the others were introduced.

@Sam. this is what I see when I open a script of BG:EE/SoD (in this case "ar1102.bcs"):

IF
	Global("SORREM_SEVEN_SUNS","GLOBAL",6)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("SORREM_SEVEN_SUNS","GLOBAL",7)
		CreateCreature("RSDCL01",[819.572],NEE)  // Dark Moon Cleric
		CreateCreature("RSDMNKA",[577.285],NNW)  // Dark Moon Monk
		CreateCreature("RSDMNKB",[302.574],SWW)  // Dark Moon Monk
		ActionOverride("RSSORREM",Enemy())
		ActionOverride("RSDINITM",Enemy())
		ActionOverride("RSDMNKA",Enemy())
		ActionOverride("RSDMNKB",Enemy())
		Continue()
END

I don't know why, but they used these order of letters for face directions and put it into dir.ids. EDIT: Which you already know. I wasn't trying to contradict what you said, but post an example.

29 minutes ago, Lauriel said:

So the EE versions are messed up right from the devs.  Isn't that interesting.

They used an uncommon abbreviation which leads to incompatibilities in mod combination for an older mod (Fishing for Trouble) and same for a new mod which used the older one's syntax (BST). It's these newly "introduced" incompatibility bugs that bug me the most. *Bug* me the most, ha!

First of all, let me say I am absolutely impressed by the seatower! Just feels like it always should have been there, just great!

I might have found a small issue though: The cook told me about the fire elemental in the storeroom and my journal says the door has been opened, but it is still locked (it is the door right next to the cook, right?). Do I have to do something else or is this a bug? I am using version EAOB.4 in a BGT game

Edited by Ser Thomas
Added more information

@jasteyThanks for the quick reply.

I tried to open the door and it is still locked, yes. Using the setGlobal did not do anything. The door is still locked and talking to cook or the apprentice does not give me any dialogue about the Fire Elemental or the ale for halvslinger (which was the original dialogue getting me the quest, just in case there is another one).