Wrong entry in eet_cpmvars.tpa (doubled "Beregost_House08")

There is a doubled entry in eet_cpmvars.tpa for "Beregost_House08" which assignes this variable name to both first and second floor of this house in Beregost:

OUTER_SPRINT "Beregost_House08" "BG3355"
    OUTER_SPRINT "Beregost_House08" "BG3356"

This is an error in all cpmvars.tpa for all games currently used.

Syntax would be adding _L1 and _L2 but since it's already used (e.g. by bgqe) I suggest changing this to:

OUTER_SPRINT "Beregost_House08" "BG3355"
OUTER_SPRINT "Beregost_House08_L2" "BG3356"

So the existing use of "Beregost_House08" (which was meant for the ground floor ) doesn't get mangled for existing mods using it.

EDIT: This goes for "g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa", "g3_tutu_cpmvars.tpa", and "liam_bgee_vars.tpa" included in EET, too.

Is there any possibility that; perhaps the original script could want to be the same between areas, or any other similar thing ?

I ask, so you are bount to check now, and so will carry the responsibility of that action. As the script could be a line long or millions, and it wouldn't matter a bit in the greater compilation. Unless it breaks something. And reassigning things have that effect far more likely than keeping things the same.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

@Jarno Mikkola as it is now, the lower level of the house cannot be addressed at all because the entry for the upper level overwrites it. So leaving it as it is is not an option.

With the changes I suggested, the entry used currently will be for the ground floor - and all mod content that used this so far will still work, with the changes applied to the ground floor.

For bgqe, the change will mean a correction because I was aiming at the lower floor, not the upper one.

To be honest: this is a generic house in Beregost, with bgqe so far being the only mod adding to it. It's not like I am planning to rename Beregost main area or something.

EDIT: This is the crossmod platform variables, they are needed for patching the area(s) by mods. This is not about renaming any script names or anything inside the game, you know.

Currently, in a non-what so ever. In a future, if it's not fixed the EET, the very small area it effects, an building sub area. But as the area is added to the BG2EE via the EET, a mod maker would take this into account and ... so on and forth. The only exception is a BG1EE mod that wouldn't be tested in alterations that could mangle this LATER. But like it's suggested, install your BG1EE mods into your BG1EE(+SoD) game, and you have no problems like this, except for testing of those things.

Aka, Kagain, and Jaheira walk into the house, Jaheira notices that the dwarf is sniffing the air, and then he says, "I can smell it, it's here."

Jaheira walks downstairs and meats a bandit, the situation gets violent and Jaheira ends up walking back up eventually. Kagain just sniffs again and insists, "It's here".

Jaheira asks, "What ?"

Kagain answers, "The moonshine still."

Jaheira, looks the dwarf oddly for a second and then says, "Ouh it must be the thing downstairs, darn your dwarf nose. But how could you know, it wasn't even on."