Error during installation: read out of bounds (SPIN920.SPL)

1 hour ago, JMKarlsson said:

I have recently tried to install the Initialise AI components required for all tactical and AI components and it would not install as per the screendump below. ...

This is completely different problem, so it would be better at it's own thread.

From the look of it, you have installed a mod that's breaks the spell in question, so rathert than investicate the SCS, you need to investigate what caused the file to be corrupted, and to do that, you should --change-log the file(spin920.spl), attach the made folder as a .zip archive to the thread and then we can then examine the files.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

From the look of it, you have installed a mod that's breaks the spell in question, so rathert than investicate the SCS, you need to investigate what caused the file to be corrupted, and to do that, you should --change-log the file(spin920.spl), attach the made folder as a .zip archive to the thread and then we can then examine the files.

Ok so how do I use the change--log file.

@JMKarlsson

Download the smaller of the 2 files in the link Jarno gave you.

Extract the the files into your game folder, ie \BGII - SOA

You'll need 7zip or WinRAR or something similar.

Once the contents of the zip file have been extracted into your game folder, right click on change-log.bat and select edit

The lines starting with :: are commented out so wont do anything, once you have edited the file the lines without :: are the ones that will run

This is the line you'll need to edit;

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log ########.### >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

change ######.### to whatever file you want to check. File names are case sensitive. From the screen shot above it looks like you need to check SPIN920.spl

ie  WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log SPIN920.spl >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

If you are checking multiple files make sure to change or number each change-log.txt as well

something like this;

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log SPIN920.spl >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log SPIN123.spl >change-log/change-log1.txt --out change-log

save and close the file.

then double click change-log.bat

a cmd.exe window will appear briefly then close again. This will have generated a .txt file per line. Now just check .txt file in the \game folder\change-log to see which other mods have affected the file.

Hope that makes sense.

Edited by Nathan82
crossed out inaccurate information
1 hour ago, Nathan82 said:

@JMKarlsson

Download the smaller of the 2 files in the link Jarno gave you.

Extract the the files into your game folder, ie \BGII - SOA

Once the contents of the zip file have been extracted into your game folder, right click on change-log.bat and select edit

The lines starting with :: are commented out so wont do anything, once you have edited the file the lines without :: are the ones that will run

This is the line you'll need to edit;

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log ########.### >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

change ######.### to whatever file you want to check. File names are case sensitive. From the screen shot above it looks like you need to check SPIN920.spl

ie  WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log SPIN920.spl >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

If you are checking multiple files make sure to change or number each change-log.txt as well

something like this;

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log SPIN920.spl >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log SPIN123.spl >change-log/change-log1.txt --out change-log

save and close the file.

then double click change-log.bat

a cmd.exe window will appear briefly then close again. This will have generated a .txt file per line. Now just check .txt file in the \game folder\change-log to see which other mods have affected the file.

Hope that makes sense.

Is this the one you asked for?

change-log.txt

@JMKarlsson that shows whats changed the file the scs component stops at so hopefully it'll help someone figure out the problem. Im far from an expert on this.

You'll need to provide a load more info too.

What game are you installing SCS on? Baldur's Gate? Baldur's Gate 2? The Enhanced editions?

What version of SCS are you using? Newest is 33.7

What order did you install mods in? Because that can play a big part too. In my current install i have some of BP really early on, then some components after SCS and then BP-Series after that. But as i said im far from the expert. Post what game and version and your WeiDU.log file (it'll be in the game folder) and hopefully someone will be able to help you out more than i can.

1 hour ago, Nathan82 said:

@JMKarlsson that shows whats changed the file the scs component stops at so hopefully it'll help someone figure out the problem. Im far from an expert on this.

You'll need to provide a load more info too.

What game are you installing SCS on? Baldur's Gate? Baldur's Gate 2? The Enhanced editions?

What version of SCS are you using? Newest is 33.7

What order did you install mods in? Because that can play a big part too. In my current install i have some of BP really early on, then some components after SCS and then BP-Series after that. But as i said im far from the expert. Post what game and version and your WeiDU.log file (it'll be in the game folder) and hopefully someone will be able to help you out more than i can.

I am installing it on BGII:EE using the newest version of SCS all BP content was installed before SCS, the part of BP that is ruining the install is the one that is required for all BP content.

WeiDU.log

Edited by JMKarlsson
forgot the last detail in original post.
7 hours ago, Nathan82 said:

No. You can extract and make the .zip files with Windows 10, 7 etc, no need to download a free aplication... which is the reason why I ALWAYS advice the usage of .zip files !!! In addition of the ease of attachment to forums etc. Because of the nature of the extraction and making etc.

Yes, that was a circle jerk.

7 hours ago, AL|EN said:

You might try to use improved version of 'changelog' tool

Yey, let's throw bullshit to a windtunnel. And you might want to relearn typing, it uses marks such as - in it, and that's because it's a command -line command, aka it's not a tool. Like you are.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola