Themed Tweaks for BGEE, SoD, BG2EE, ToB, EET

Themed Tweaks' main purpose is to augment the role-playing environment throughout the game series. To that end, it tweaks the story in various places.

The current (beta) release can be found here: Themed Tweaks Beta v0.1

COMPONENTS INCLUDE:

• SoD - Give Imoen a special Wand of Magic Missiles for the attack in the palace
  • SoD - Allow PC to give aid to Imoen after the attack in the palace
  • SoD - Ditch tour-guide Corwin Schael
  • SoD - Remove dreams about Irenicus from SoD
  • SoD/BG2EE - Add a little snark
  • SoD - Remove cut scenes that the PC shouldn't be privy to (finished through the first camp)
  • SoD - Stat-based observations and options
  • SoD - Quest: Scouting the Coast Way Crossing
  • BG2EE - Give Imoen innate Magic Missile abilities for BG2 scene
  • BG2EE - Use movie of Irenicus in hell as a dream to restore all Bhaalspawn powers.  This component is also offered by the Transitions mod and will be skipped if installed there.

This is the initial Beta release.

4 hours ago, Lauriel said:

BG2EE - Use movie of Irenicus in hell as a dream to restore all Bhaalspawn powers.

What do you mean by "restore" here? I always thought the Bhaalspawn powers would remain with the PC upon transition to BGII, either that or I'm getting something wrong.

Very nice tweaks!

2 hours ago, jastey said:

What do you mean by "restore" here? I always thought the Bhaalspawn powers would remain with the PC upon transition to BGII, either that or I'm getting something wrong.

When Irenicus steals their soul, they lose their powers.  When he's dead and in hell, there's a movie that shows him being attacked by imps.  That movie is what I use to give the PC a dream and restore those lost powers so they have them when they start ToB.

Edited by Lauriel

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BG2 - Give Imoen the innate ability to cast Magic Missile - by Lauriel
------------------------------------------------------------------------
In case Imoen hasn't been dualed to a mage, she is given the innate ability to cast magic missile twice at the beginning of BG2...

WoW! Such attention to details. I like it!

5 hours ago, Grammarsalad said:

Oohh, cool. So, like does this allow you to make different (seamless) choices with her class development (e.g. no dual class)? 

Well, if you use EET, then yes.  It's more of an EET component because there, she will be whatever class she was before BG2. So, for those who don't dual her to mage, this will give an in-character reason for being able to cast magic missile at Irenicus.  It doesn't allow for single-classing in and of itself, however.  It simply gives her innate magic missile to cover the possibility of her not being a mage.