HTaM: Overview and Download Links

Guest Raelis

Maybe you did it on purpose, but I noticed that if you go through the first meeting with Aran (the dinner one) and then you tell him about the final mission (the one where you faced Bodhi) the gnome doesn't appear anymore.

Guest RAelis

Turns out I didn't say the truth - ignore the post above.

I'm meeting the following issue: after I had the dinner with Aran, the second messenger is not coming to me - the one where Aran asks me about to decipher the scroll.

What are the conditions?

Should I publish the savegame?

44 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

Well, the problem is still there at night. I'm currently reinstalling bg2 + installing the version of the mod you've published three posts ago.

It’s strange. I just loaded your save, changed the time to night and the error disappeared. 

Moreover, in my game this error was not at all. And I still can't understand why you got it.

Edited by Austin
50 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

2) Can I use any command to just force the romance to start? I would get bored redoing everything again. 😛

In order for a spy to appear in the hotel in the City Gates area, you can set the global variable through the console ("AranLove", "GLOBAL", 17)

14 minutes ago, Guest RAelis said:

What are the conditions?

The conditions for the appearance of a messenger in this situation are as follows:
- Dinner must end and then 1 day must pass (for the ANAranLetter1Timer to expire)
- Chapter should be 3
- You must be outdoors (not indoors!)
- The player must not wear the Girdle of Gender belt :)

Edited by Austin
8 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

Okay last post.

1) I had the dinner with Aran. It ends like that: https://imgur.com/a/iYS1TpC Correct? note that I seem to remember that the encounter should end with Jaheira making a banter, but I'm not sure.

2) Anyway, I'm not meeting the second gnome. This is my savegame: https://file.io/s7yxKstfYrun

1) Yes, everything is correct here, the first dialogue (prologue of the romance) ends with this line. And no, Jaheira is not involved in this dialogue! She comments on the second episode (after decryption the scroll) and only after the player returns from Aran's room.

2) The link is broken!

Edited by Austin
1 hour ago, Guest Raelis said:

Well, the problem is still there at night. I'm currently reinstalling bg2 + installing the version of the mod you've published three posts ago.

I seem to have figured out what was the cause of the problem! Please try putting this file in the "override" folder and check - will the error disappear?

AR0022.BCS

Edited by Austin
Guest Raelis

1) The file fixed the crash to desktop. Well done! What was the issue?

2) I have installed another Bg2 with the new archive you gave me. So my current weidu is:
~HERTHIMONEY/HERTHIMONEY.TP2~ #1 #0 // Component 1. Interjections & Mini-quests (by Austin & Arcanecoast Team): 2.3
~HERTHIMONEY/HERTHIMONEY.TP2~ #1 #10 // Component 2. First Calimport Bank Pack (by Scheele & Austin & Arcanecoast Team): 2.3
~HERTHIMONEY/HERTHIMONEY.TP2~ #1 #20 // Component 3. Shadow-Covered Love (by Alisia & Austin): 2.3
~HERTHIMONEY/HERTHIMONEY.TP2~ #1 #30 // Component 4. The Missing Troll Case (by Alisia & Austin): 2.3

I'm not meeting the second gnome. Am I missing something? I did all the quests for the shadow thief guild + Aran's quests. savegame here: https://filebin.net/arvfpnf1c8hal92w

Guest Raelis

Well, in the savegame I provided above, I satisfy all conditions, but the messenger doesn't come.

I started another game to be sure, but well, I'm still meeting this issue. The second gnome doesn't come. I'm using the archive with the revised text: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/32406-heroes-thieves-and-moneylenders-banterquestromance-mod-for-bg2/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-293196

Also, the cluaconsole command doesn't work: ("AranLove", "GLOBAL", 17)

I'm getting this: https://imgur.com/a/6ZdNvtm

38 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

1) The file fixed the crash to desktop. Well done! What was the issue?

Great! Thanks for reporting the problem! I added another variable to the first block of the script so that the first and second blocks are executed sequentially. Previously, this could cause a problem in some cases.

13 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

Also, the cluaconsole command doesn't work: ("AranLove", "GLOBAL", 17)

For the command to work, it must be specified in full (as described in the instructions for the console). In order not to search for you, here is the complete line:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AranLove", "GLOBAL", 17)
Sorry that I did not indicate it in full right away - I'm used to it, it's obvious)

As for the appearance of the messenger - I will now examine your save. By the way, this is not the second gnome, but the same one, his name is Tony - he appears every time Aran sends a message  :)

Edited by Austin

All clear! In your save, I can see that the AranJob variable is set to position 3, meaning you have completed ALL of Aran's quests. And for the beginning of the romance and the appearance of the messenger, it must be equal to 2, that is, the first quest of Aran must be completed, but not the entire series of his quests. Therefore, the gnome does not appear.

Now, to start the romance, put this file in the override folder, it will allow the AranJob variable to be in position 3 for this. After that, visit the location of the Aran's hideout, this will start the timer. After that, wait a day and a messenger will come up to you on the street.

This condition was deliberately conceived so that the novel developed in parallel to the main quests of Aran before the player's departure for Brynnlaw. But, apparently, we need to provide for such an option as it turned out for you, and add an option with variable 3, if the departure has not yet occurred. Although such a situation can arise only if the player has completed all Aran's quests in a row and quickly.

Thanks for pointing this out, I will take this point into account in the next update. 

AR0307.BCS

Edited by Austin
Guest Raelis

I have to tell you a few more things:

> Some of the text in the mod is messed "up". For example, when you meet Saemon, Jaheira says "First Bank of Calimport" rather than his normal dialogue.

> The cutscene of the mod with the AR file you gave me, starts with an "invalid" on top of the head of charname. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

I have to tell you a few more things:

> Some of the text in the mod is messed "up". For example, when you meet Saemon, Jaheira says "First Bank of Calimport" rather than his normal dialogue.

> The cutscene of the mod with the AR file you gave me, starts with an "invalid" on top of the head of charname. 

What kind of dialogue with Saemon? After what phrase?

This is definitely from the incorrect installation of mods - the lines in the dialog.tlk file are messed up. This happens with many multiple reinstallations, if something is not completely removed, and then there was a new installation. Because I have everything displayed without problems, I just checked. Reinstall the mod using the link above, and before that delete it completely (and check that there are NO mod files left in the override folder!).

Edited by Austin