HTaM: Overview and Download Links

Okay, maybe the Korgan friendship mod isn't working for me for some other reason. The friendship dialogues never started (after a few hours). I eventually ended up removing Korgan from my party for other reasons.

I should mention another Korgan-related problem. After the encounter with Owney (the one that starts the Korgan-path of component 2) the party frequently will appear in that area again when travelling between regions. The area is now empty, except for Esra (the halfling thief) who runs away. There is no way to leave the area (I had to console my party out).

After Korgan left the party this never happened again.

Despite this issue, I really like this mod! Thanks for making it.

14 hours ago, Guest Zeno said:

I should mention another Korgan-related problem. After the encounter with Owney (the one that starts the Korgan-path of component 2) the party frequently will appear in that area again when travelling between regions. The area is now empty, except for Esra (the halfling thief) who runs away. There is no way to leave the area (I had to console my party out).

After Korgan left the party this never happened again.

Despite this issue, I really like this mod! Thanks for making it.

Thanks a lot for reporting this bug! I will check it and fix it. Please clarify - did you use the latest version of the mod (3.5.2) or older? What version of the game do you have (EE or classic)? 

Edited by Austin

Thanks! I fixed this problem by adding an extra variable. Now this should not be repeated.
Also fixed the dialogue with Edwin in the quest with Maevar's stash to make it easier to understand the way to solve the riddle.

The updated files are uploaded to the master version on GitHub, and a little later the mod will be updated to version 3.5.3.

Edited by Austin

Mod has been updated to version 3.6!
- bug fixes
- fixes to improve compatibility with the "classic" version of the game (thanks to TotoR)
- the texts of the riddle in the quest "MaeVar's Stash" have been improved to make the search for a solution clearer
WeiDU's version has been updated to 249

https://www.gibberlings3.net/files/file/1027-heroes-thieves-and-moneylenders/

https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/releases/tag/v.3.6

Edited by Austin
Guest Artorius

I worry I might have accidently missed out on a quest with the bank.  I had completed Jackal's moneylender quest and recieved a request by a messenger that the chief of security of the bank Shahbaz wanted to see me.  At the time I went to the bank it was night so the guards told me to bugger off, well at this time I was ready to go to Brynlaw so I decided to do that instead, but after coming back to the bank post Underdark I'm unable to find Shabaz on either floor of the bank, (I checked around the slums just in case he was hanging around there as well).  Reading posts on this thread seems to imply that these quests need to be completed before you go to Brynlaw so it seems like I've missed out.

1 hour ago, Guest Artorius said:

I worry I might have accidently missed out on a quest with the bank.  I had completed Jackal's moneylender quest and recieved a request by a messenger that the chief of security of the bank Shahbaz wanted to see me.  At the time I went to the bank it was night so the guards told me to bugger off, well at this time I was ready to go to Brynlaw so I decided to do that instead, but after coming back to the bank post Underdark I'm unable to find Shabaz on either floor of the bank, (I checked around the slums just in case he was hanging around there as well).  Reading posts on this thread seems to imply that these quests need to be completed before you go to Brynlaw so it seems like I've missed out.

Yes, everything is correct - the Shahbaz's quest must be completed while visiting Brynnlaw, so it must be started before starting to sail to the island. In your situation, I can only advise you to load an earlier save.

Spoiler

To solve the riddle, you need to study the scroll that describes three pictures. Then determine from the picture which of the months of the Faerun calendar is indicated in it, and enter the ordinal numbers of these three months.

I still don't know how to solve this,  need the answer...

---

I think I also didn't get the quest from Quayle, I should have met the requirement...

I think I also didn't get the quest from Quayle, I should have met the requirement...

Here is a list of conditions under which a courier from Quayle will appear and call to the circus to start the quest:
- Timer "ANQuayleTimer" must expire, that is, 1 day must pass after the completion of the main quest in the circus.
- You must be outdoors, not indoors
- You must NOT be in the Waukeen Promenade location
- Aerie and Quayle must be alive
- The chapter should be 2 or 3. If this is chapter 2, then the messenger will not appear until you talk to the boy Brus (who will meet you after leaving Gaelan Bayle's house)

3 hours ago, marcnivar said:

I still don't know how to solve this,  need the answer...

I will write to you in a private message, because the author of this quest (Scheele) asked not to write an answer (spoiler) publicly :)

Edited by Austin
7 hours ago, marcnivar said:

An earlier save with Aerie still in the party, thanks

Hello again!) I checked your save - oddly enough, the variables are set in it as if the messenger had already appeared. Most likely, this happened due to the fact that at the moment of his appearance the party left the location, or a battle began with someone, or something else happened, due to which the envoy did not have time to approach the player, and the variables had already been changed so it doesn't appear anymore.
I'll think about how you can avoid such a problem in the future, but in the meantime, in order to fix it, enter the following two commands in the console:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ANTrollEscape","GLOBAL",0)

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("ANQuayleTroll","GLOBAL",0)

After that, the messenger should appear.