HTaM: Overview and Download Links

Guest Raelis

Questions, questions and more questions:

1) The code you've given me to open Maevar's stash does not work. Could it be due to the fact that I failed inserting it the first time?
2) I've got Korgan in my group and after getting the book of Kazah, he mentioned about his debt - but he goes on a tangent talking about Madeen (the Tolgerias quest in original game). What am I supposed to do to make the quest start?

26 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

The code you provided in the spoiler doesn't work. 😛

Oh, sorry, I wrote it wrong. The code is

Spoiler

I have corrected my previous post.

We had several different versions of the code, and then we had to change it in order to somehow translate it into another language, and I myself got confused by them :) We will think about how to improve the English description of the subject to simplify the riddle ...

Edited by Austin
9 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

Questions, questions and more questions:

1) The code you've given me to open Maevar's stash does not work. Could it be due to the fact that I failed inserting it the first time?
2) I've got Korgan in my group and after getting the book of Kazah, he mentioned about his debt - but he goes on a tangent talking about Madeen (the Tolgerias quest in original game). What am I supposed to do to make the quest start?

1) The answer is given in the previous post

2) This is as it should be - he will talk about Madeen (standard dialogue), but at the same time he will talk about his debt. You can agree to it or refuse. If you agree, then expect the appearance of a random encounter after some time.  They will meet when moving between different locations in Athkatla.
In order to see the further events, and not just one quest of Korgan, I advise you not to kill Owney and his group, but to negotiate with them.

Edited by Austin
Guest Raelis

The first time I talked to Korgan I agreed to kill all the collectors.

Then I thought I would be missing content, I reloaded the game, and told him we will pay them.

I want to be sure to meet your content, so I'm wondering which option is the right one, and where/when I'm supposed to meet this random encounter.

Guest Raelis

Okay I met Owney, and well, got two bugs:
1) I can't leave the area.
2) After killing Owney (I had no other option), Korgan starts again by telling me he is indebted. Basically, Korgan repeated the dialogue about his debt twice. One in the slums, then after facing the mercenaries.

1 hour ago, Guest Raelis said:

The first time I talked to Korgan I agreed to kill all the collectors.

Then I thought I would be missing content, I reloaded the game, and told him we will pay them.

I want to be sure to meet your content, so I'm wondering which option is the right one, and where/when I'm supposed to meet this random encounter.

When choosing these options, a meeting with collectors will take place. 
The only option in which the collectors will not meet and the series of quests will not start is if the player refuses to help Korgan and tells him to deal with his problems himself.
You can check the journal entries, they always tell you what to expect.

1 hour ago, Guest Raelis said:

Okay I met Owney, and well, got two bugs:
1) I can't leave the area.
2) After killing Owney (I had no other option), Korgan starts again by telling me he is indebted. Basically, Korgan repeated the dialogue about his debt twice. One in the slums, then after facing the mercenaries.

More details needed. How exactly did the dialogue with Owney go? It provides about 4 different options - full pay, gradual pay, refuse to pay, and fight. What entries are added to the journal? The exit from the location appears in most scenarios - perhaps you acted outside the box and therefore the required condition did not work. Also, It seems that the variable that should complete this quest was not assigned, so the dialogue resumes. Something clearly went wrong with you, but without details I cannot say what exactly.

And yes, if Owney is dead, then this whole quest line will end.

Edited by Austin
4 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

Tell Korgan that you will kill them (last option when he tell you about debt), then when you will meet the collectors, you will have no options, you will just have to kill them.

Check these images, I proofread some things: https://imgur.com/a/GrPXtxt

1) This seems to be the option I forgot to test:) I'll check, thanks!
To get the full version of the dialogue with all the options, in the dialogue with Korgan, you need to select the option "we will pay your debt".

2) OK thanks!

Guest Raelis

The robbing quest is very odd.  It is very complex and  understood really little of what was going on, it should be proofread by someone that knows Russian and English.

1) Is there any way to betray the guy?
2) Can I rob the place? I saw that there is a safe, can I unlock it?

8 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

1) Is there any way to betray the guy?
2) Can I rob the place? I saw that there is a safe, can I unlock it?

Sorry, but I didn't quite get it - are you talking about Owney's second quest?

Edited by Austin
Guest Raelis

I will start from the beginning.

Owney asks you for help defending the bank. Dialogue is complex and couldn't catch everything (this is why I asked for proofreading by a russian guy that knows English).

1)I want to betray Owney. Is it possible?
2) I want to rob the bank when I fight the druids. Can I do that? 
3) Can I rob the bank alone? I saw the safe behind a gate, can I open it?

This file has been proofread, but additional verification of the English text may be needed.

1) You can refuse to help Owney or help him. Depending on this, further events will develop in different ways - if you refuse to help him, then soon he and his group will disappear from the bank (since they will be killed without your help). You can find out the news about what happened in the dialogue with the senior clerk (named Uri).

2) The key to the safe is kept by the director of the bank, who is there during the day. The senior clerk can tell you in detail that the locks in the bank cannot be broken in the usual way and why, if you ask him about it. Owney's quest is carried out at night, when the director is not there, so you will not have the key to the safe.

3) Yes, the bank can be robbed, and it has nothing to do with Owney's quest. This location is available at any daytime, but at night the entrance to the bank is closed, and you can get there only if you kill the guards. The door to the bank vault can be broken if you have a high skill in picking locks. But after that, additional guards will appear. But even if you kill all the guards, you can open the safe only with a special key, which the director has. Therefore, you will have to kill the director by attacking him during the day, when he is in his office.

Edited by Austin
12 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

4) How do I start the new quests in Brynlaww?
5) Have you got a walkthrough for the detective quest?

4) There are two ways:
- Complete all of Owney's tasks in the bank, then talk to him again and ask if there are other quests.
- If another (parallel) branch of quests is selected for passing, then instead of Owney, this quest will be given by the head of the bank's security named Shahbaz.

When you get to Brynnlaw, talk to the sailors on the dock - one of them will tell you the information you need and direct you to the right character.

5) At the moment, there is no such walkthrough for any mod quests - neither in Russian, nor in English. If someone writes a text description, I would be glad, but I myself cannot do it due to the lack of time to write large texts. However, if someone has difficulties with the walkthrough and cannot find a solution, ask, I will answer!

Edited by Austin