HTaM: Overview and Download Links

Guest Raelis

So let me know, I've been trying to solve the troll case.

I talked with the fisherman (Lorn) and had no results. There were too many different things being suggested but nothing was conclusive. What am I supposed to do? I thought one could speak with Quayle to actually sum the various thoughts, but when everything is thrown at you like that, it's kinda hard to know where you are going.

15 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

So let me know, I've been trying to solve the troll case.

I talked with the fisherman (Lorn) and had no results. There were too many different things being suggested but nothing was conclusive. What am I supposed to do? I thought one could speak with Quayle to actually sum the various thoughts, but when everything is thrown at you like that, it's kinda hard to know where you are going.

Yes, it was specially made there to look like a real investigation - therefore there are clues that will not lead to anything, there is no single and immediately understandable direction of action, the player must think over all the information and then decide what to do. In real-life investigations, the detective can often go on the wrong track :)

Spoiler

Pay attention to the evidence found near the cage. There is an journal entry  that mentions this. And then think, who can understand such things? There are at least two characters you can ask.

Edited by Austin
11 hours ago, Guest Raelis said:

Well,
I've asked to the fisherman + the mage on the government district.

I've tried to talk with any single thief and got no clue.

Spoiler

Everything is correct! Of the thieves, you need the one that meets those entering the guild. Since bosses will not be interested in such a small issue, and ordinary thieves may not know anything useful, a "middle link" is needed.

On 3/14/2021 at 4:50 PM, Guest Raelis said:

There are two bugs with Sheila. 

These bugs have been fixed. The archive with the mod has been updated: https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/archive/main.zip

Thanks for the bug report!

Spoiler

As for the dialogue with Sheila, there are still three options for action:
- you can immediately give her 200 coins (by paying her husband's debt to the bank from your own funds)
- get money from those who robbed her husband, and give her this money, and repay her husband's debts from her own funds
- get money from those who robbed her husband, and not give anything to Sheila - in this case, you can meet her later in chapter 6 in the Slums area and find out how her life turned out after that.

Edited by Austin

The archive with the mod has been updated!

New version - 2.4!

https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/archive/main.zip

• Fixed the repeated start of the same dialogue of Korgan about his debt (it started in the case of a combat solution to the problem with his duty and replaced the correct dialogue, which led to problems)
  • Fixed an issue due to which, after killing Owney, sometimes the exit from the location did not appear
  • Fixed the problem that a random encounter associated with Korgan's debt could start without his presence in the party, if he was excluded from the party after the start of the quest (which led to bugs)
  • Fixed minor bugs with Sheila
  • All files of the English translation that have been proofread recently have been added, only the setup.tra file remains unread
  • The conflict between the first component of the HTaM mod and the "Gavin BG2" mod has been removed, now they will be installed together!
    The conflict with the third component will be removed later.
Edited by Austin

The archive with the mod has been updated!

New version - 2.5!

https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM/releases/tag/v.2.5

• Added full compatibility with the "Gavin BG2" mod. Previously, when installing these mods together, there was an installation error. Now all the components of the mod will be installed as expected.
  • Reworked the riddle in the quest "MaeVar's Stash", now it should be easier to solve, including in English. The answers to the riddle will still be 5 digits, but different, and the principle of guessing has changed.
On 3/14/2021 at 8:37 PM, Guest Raelis said:

I can proofread the files

All the edits that you indicated, I have now added, thanks!! I also added your name to the "credits" in readme file.

MOD UPDATED!
Many corrections have been made to the English texts, thanks for the proofreading Guest Raelis!

Edited by Austin

I have two issues when installing the last version :

• setup.tra is in russian
  • Component 2. First Calimport Bank Pack (by Scheele & Austin & Arcanecoast Team) does not install correctly :

[HerThiMoney/dlg/ANStash.d] PARSE ERROR at line 682 column 1-19
Near Text: DO
    syntax error

[HerThiMoney/dlg/ANStash.d]  ERROR at line 682 column 1-19
Near Text: DO
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [HerThiMoney/dlg/ANStash.d]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: compiling [HerThiMoney/dlg/ANStash.d]!
Stopping installation because of error.

In addition ANLAMP.itm as no icon (inventory and description - OHHIOIL.BAM does not exist) and in the last english version of the setup.tra - line 

Thanks for this mod

51 minutes ago, TotoR said:
  • setup.tra is in russian
  • Component 2. First Calimport Bank Pack (by Scheele & Austin & Arcanecoast Team) does not install correctly :

Oh, I apologize and thank you for letting me know!

Fixed: https://github.com/Austin-BG/HTaM

51 minutes ago, TotoR said:

OHHIOIL.BAM does not exist

You're right. This BAM file was originally in SoD. Therefore, on EET, the item will have an image. But I forgot to change this for other versions of the game (without SoD). I'll fix that too tonight. Thanks for reporting the problem!

Edited by Austin

Updated to version 2.7!

• Improved English translation (ANstash.tra file, thanks contralexical for proofreading!)
  • Added Faldorn's interjection (from Smiling Imp's "BG1 NPC in BG2" mod) to the dialogue with Owney (ANheist.tra)
  • Fixed Russian version of ANstash.tra file
Edited by Austin

Mod updated! The version remains the same (2.7).

• proofread the English text in the ANheist.tra file (thanks to contralexical)
  • added a code that will allow you to see new animations in the second component of the mod and on the "classic" version of the game, if the Infinity Animations mod is installed at the same time. Thanks to TotoR!
  • fixed the image of the magic lamp from the Aran's quest on the "classic" version, added a "description" image of the lamp