Can I add Smarter mages and priests mid-game?

This is the first time I play BG2EE with SCS.

I installed the following only:

- Initialized AI Components

- Smarter general AI

I thought this will make everyone including mage and priest smarter and get precast without installing smarter mage and priest. (i should really read properly...)

I just found out I was wrong and I should install these two for smarter spellcasting from mage and priest. However, I'm already 20+ hours in current game I do not want to reinstall and restart my game.

Is it safe to install smarter mage and priest now and continue with my current game?

The other MOD that I had installed:

Sirene
Xan
Isra
Adrian
Yoshimo Friendship
Yoshimo Remorse
Sellsword
Tales of the Deep Gardens
Innershade
The White Queen
I Shall Never Forget

Atweaks

Dragonspear UI

Portraits

Edited by marcnivar

I backed up my current installation and added more smarter AIs to my game. Try loading the existing save game and move around, seems nothing wrong at the moment. The mage and priest in the area that I had visited before won't precast, like still using the old AI. However, the mage / priest in new area will have smarter AI. 

however, would probably wait for the advise here first before proceeding further with my mid-game modified game...Not sure whether this will break my NPC mod / Quest MOD/ vanilla quests etc.

Edited by marcnivar
1 hour ago, marcnivar said:

Is it safe to install smarter mage and priest now and continue with my current game?

Yes.

As long as you skip the already installed parts of the mods components.

Also note that any changes that the components would do to areas that you have already visited won't happen in the save game. So if you run into 12 dozen mages and priests that won't be that smart, you know what happened to them... you visited their areas and now they are still as dumb as the day they were summoned into the game. 😛

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
5 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yes.

As long as you skip the already installed parts of the mods components.

Also note that any changes that the components would do to areas that you have already visited won't happen in the save game. So if you run into 12 dozen mages and priests that won't be that smart, you know what happened to them... you visited their areas and now they are still as dumb as the day they were summoned into the game. 😛

I was quite worried because I remember I did some amendment in the installation of SCS during BG1 and all my mod npcs were messed up, wrong texts in their name and items. I also remember there were a lot of auto-reinstallation of existing MOD that time, probably I had selected reinstall and caused that.

As for BG2, I skipped all previously installed steps, just added new AI installation, and it's like what I mentioned in second post here, which seems tally with your further explanation here.

I guess it is safe to add new components (because SCS is last in install order) but uninstalling / reinstalling SCS will mess up with the other MOD in earlier orders.

Thanks for the confirmation, hopefully everything goes well~