My try on a BGT run

From what I know, you can ignore all those warnings:

P&P Celestial: it happens if install after IR (or other mod that override rods04) - install pnp celestials before or don't care about the warning; it won't be game breaking.
Tweaks Anthology (Increase Jewelry, Gem, and Miscellaneous Item Stacks & Increase Scroll Stacking): it depends on mods installed before. But from what I know, it won't change anything; you can ignore this warning. in addition, Other mod like AURORA, XPMOD or EET throw the same warnings.

@TotoR Thank you!

Mores issues: I am trying to install IA in two steps as suggested in the IRR thread. So I installed the main component and IA automatically installed something called „Fix Areas -> Creature References“. Then after a bunch of other mods (including SCS that took forever to install) I installed everything else from IA I want to use. IA again wants to automatically install the Creature References Fixer and since it has already been installed, WeiDU starts to uninstall everything (I assume to uninstall the first version to then install everything back to then install the Reference Fixer again)...

Obviously this is something I would really like to avoid. Luckily I had a backup of my installation from only a few mods before IA, so I cancelled everything and went back to the Backup. I thing I figured out how to prevent the second installation (removing the paragraph from the tp2 file should do the trick, right?) but since I have no idea what the Reference Fixer is actually doing I have no idea if this is a good idea...

Any suggestions?

Edited by Ser Thomas
19 minutes ago, Ser Thomas said:

Any suggestions?

Are you sure about these mods ? Cause if we are talking about the Infinity Animations, and Item Rev Rev, it should be talking about the One Pixel Production(1PP), and not Infinity Animations. Cause if it does, it's wrong and that talk needs to be FIXED.

This is cause the 1PP brings the same animations and script trigger addon to the armor items etc. that the IRR uses, while the IA brings extra creature animations like the IWD 1 giants and dragon, PST namelessone etc that are not in the BG2 game. So it's definitely not this. Or at least I don't see how it could be.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
53 minutes ago, Ser Thomas said:

I checked again and IRR talks about IA and 1PP. (First post in the IRR thread, 1PP is mentioned in the text and IA in the list)

And the setup-InfinityAnamations.debug shows what ? Yeah, you deleted it... probably, what happened was you went ahead and tried to Reinstall the primary component, which is not what you are instructed to do, but to Skip it, and proceed with the install of the components that have not been installed yet.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
7 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

probably, what happened was you went ahead and tried to Reinstall the primary component, which is not what you are instructed to do, but to Skip it, and proceed with the install of the components that have not been installed yet.

That is what I did. Skipped the core component, installed the animations I want to use. Then WeiDU started to reinstall component  9000. Fix Area Creature References (Name copied from readme, not 100% sure if that was the exact name shown in the dos window)

From readme

Spoiler

9000. Fix Area Creature References

Installed by default

Corrects changed creature animations in area files for easier reference

The same component has already been installed earlier, when I installed the core component. From my WeiDU Log

Spoiler

~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinity Animations: v5

~INFINITYANIMATIONS/SETUP-INFINITYANIMATIONS.TP2~ #0 #9000 // Fix Areas -> Creature References: v5

I was not prompted to install that component in both cases.

If it is important, I can do another installation of the IA additional components and then save the debug file late today.

Hmm, ... this might need a fix in the .tp2 file to not autoinstall the darn thing.

Aka, open the setup-infinityanimations.tp2 file in the mods own folder, go to line 4415, and find this:

//! Creature References /////////////////////////////////////////////////////
BEGIN @105 //Creature References
FORCED_SUBCOMPONENT @104 (MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0) //Fix Areas
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 @26 //This component requires the main component.
INSTALL_BY_DEFAULT
DESIGNATED 9000
ACTION_IF NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 BEGIN
  FAIL @26 //This component requires the main component.
END
PRINT @106 //Correcting area creature references (this may take a while) ...
INCLUDE ~infinityanimations/lib/t-arecre.tpa~

And edit the INSTALL_BY_DEFAULT -line out, or quote it out like so:

//! Creature References /////////////////////////////////////////////////////
BEGIN @105 //Creature References
FORCED_SUBCOMPONENT @104 (MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0) //Fix Areas
REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 @26 //This component requires the main component.
//INSTALL_BY_DEFAULT
DESIGNATED 9000
ACTION_IF NOT MOD_IS_INSTALLED ~setup-infinityanimations.tp2~ 0 BEGIN
  FAIL @26 //This component requires the main component.
END
PRINT @106 //Correcting area creature references (this may take a while) ...
INCLUDE ~infinityanimations/lib/t-arecre.tpa~

This is REALLY BAD advice by the original authors in the advice parts as it requires .tp2 editing... but cheese.

So, the installation is finally done and I am on my way to Nashkel. It’s great how fast memories from 10 years ago are coming back, it feels like I never left the Sword Coast. Thanks again to everybody answering my questions and everybody who helps keeping this game alive!

In addition to the errors and warnings I asked about here, I had some problems with translations that google could solve for me. In case somebody wants to have a look, here is what happened and what I did:

Unfinished Business for BG 2 - Suna Seni / Valygar Relationship: Missing text

Spoiler

Installing [Die Suna Seni/Valygar-Beziehung] [v28]

Including and running function setup_suna_seni_valygar
Copying 1 file ...
Compiling 3 dialogue files and 5 scripts ...
ERROR: No translation provided for @349

[UB/suna/CCSUNA.baf]  ERROR at line 7 column 16-44
Near Text: @349
        Not_found
ERROR: parsing [UB/suna/CCSUNA.baf]: Not_found
ERROR: error compiling [UB/suna/CCSUNA.baf]: Not_found
ERROR: compiling [UB/suna/CCSUNA.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Die Suna Seni/Valygar-Beziehung], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   1 files for [UB/SETUP-UB.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled      1 files for [UB/SETUP-UB.TP2] component 1.
ERROR: Not_found
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-UB.DEBUG and look for support at: http://forums.pocketplane.net
Using Language [Deutsch (Rosenranken.de)]

Could be solved by copying the missing string from the English tra file to the German one.

Slandor: Missing texts

Spoiler

Installiere [Der Minotaurus und Lilarcor] [2.0]
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
ERROR: No translation provided for @2

[slandor/dialog/slandor.d]  ERROR at line 6 column 8-26
Near Text: @2
        Not_found
ERROR: parsing [slandor/dialog/slandor.d]: Not_found
ERROR: compiling [slandor/dialog/slandor.d]!

FEHLER bei der Installation von [Der Minotaurus und Lilarcor], vorheriger Zustand wird wiederhergestellt
Will uninstall   0 files for [SLANDOR/SLANDOR.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled      0 files for [SLANDOR/SLANDOR.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Not_found
Bitte sichern Sie folgende Datei: SETUP-SLANDOR.DEBUG und suchen sie hier nach Hilfe: Yovaneth and Spellhold Studios at http://www.shsforums.net/forum/234-miscellaneous-released-mods/
Using Language [Deutsch (Uebersetzung von Gerri)]

I could not figure out what went wrong (or more precise, I was not able to google enough knowledge to figure out what went wrong) so I just used the English version.

Almateria‘s Restoration Project: The installation prompts in e WeiDU window were screwed up.

Spoiler

ERROR: No translation provided for @100
Continuing despite error.

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING:   @100]?
nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? 
Skipping [UNDEFINED STRING:   @100]
ERROR: No translation provided for @200

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING:   @200]?
Skipping [UNDEFINED STRING:   @200]
ERROR: No translation provided for @300

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING:   @300]?
Skipping [UNDEFINED STRING:   @300]
ERROR: No translation provided for @500

The filename for the setup.tra was wrong in the tp2 file.

In addition 1PP did not show the components “Female Dwarves” and “Thieves Galor”. No idea why, so I continued installation without these components.

And just to keep this list complete, Bartimaeus had an easier solution to the Fix Area Creature References issue I encountered:

So far, I had no issues while playing. If you want me, I will report all quirks, issues and bugs I will encounter.

Edited by Ser Thomas