BG1 NPC for SOA and BG1NPC mod

http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=8355.0

This MOD looks interesting, and I plan to take Shar-Teel for BG1 and SOD in my next playthrough (won't romance her), so may consider to install this so that I can take her in BG2 as well.

However, I'm not sure whether there is any significant inconsistency between these two MOD. I would prefer to avoid using both in single playthrough if there is any immerisve-breaking inconsistency (more on content and personality wise).

Would appreciate your opinion if you have played these two mods before. 

---

One more question, the file downloaded from the link above is corrupted.. Not sure why..

Edited by marcnivar

If you do not plan to start a romance with Shar-Teel in the BG1, then there will be no contradiction. The Shar-Teel dialogues in the "BG1 NPC to BG2" mod do not change her character and she remains the same as in the BG1. She has a lot of dialogues, more than 1500 lines. The only contradiction is that the BG2 does not mention the romance with her from the BG1NPC mod (even if it was active). Also, her dialogues do not mention SoD events (because the mod is also compatible with the classic version of the game, where this add-on was not). Otherwise, everything will be fine.

Also note that the first component of the mod adds not only Shar-Teel, but also a new area of Athkatla (Water Gardens).

7 hours ago, marcnivar said:

One more question, the file downloaded from the link above is corrupted.. Not sure why..

I just checked - the file is not corrupted, everything is fine with it. It may just not have fully downloaded. Try downloading again. Or use an alternative link.

Edited by Austin
57 minutes ago, Austin said:

If you do not plan to start a romance with Shar-Teel in the BG1, then there will be no contradiction. The Shar-Teel dialogues in the "BG1 NPC to BG2" mod do not change her character and she remains the same as in the BG1. She has a lot of dialogues, more than 1500 lines. The only contradiction is that the BG2 does not mention the romance with her from the BG1NPC mod (even if it was active). Also, her dialogues do not mention SoD events (because the mod is also compatible with the classic version of the game, where this add-on was not). Otherwise, everything will be fine.

Also note that the first component of the mod adds not only Shar-Teel, but also a new area of Athkatla (Water Gardens).

I just checked - the file is not corrupted, everything is fine with it. It may just not have fully downloaded. Try downloading again. Or use an alternative link.

Sound great enough to me 😀

I don't mind if the NPC won't mention SOD since everyone in vanilla BG2 also won't mention that. As long as I can have a Shar-Teel (or other BG1 NPC) that will consistently intejerct / intereact with the quests / npc in BG1 and BG2, having some friendship talks, and there are no inconsistency in their personality or talks, then it is very good.

Ya, one of the reason I want to play this MOD is because I would like to have new quests involving BG1 NPC.

The new area sound great, hopefully it is also compatible with Lava's MOD which adds new area in Athkatla, gonna try those in the next playthrough as well.

Downloaded successfully this time.

Thanks ~

---

One out of topic question, is there any MOD that modify EXP gained such as those in EET? I still prefer to play BG separately, and I think I may get too much EXP from BG1 NPC from SOA and Lava's MOD in my future playthrough.

Edited by marcnivar

BG1 NPC for SoA was created WAY before the release of Siege of Dragonspear (in 2012) so no one in the mod will mention Dragonspear, Crusade, Caelar Argent, Hephernaan etc. Also, any information introduced in SoD on Jaheira, Dynaheir, Minsc, Edwin, Skie and other re-appearing character couldn't be taken into account, because... well, again, SoD wasn't there.

Edited by Lava

Yes, Lava wrote everything right - SoD events are not mentioned in the mod. Therefore, Skie will be alive in it. And neither she nor Eldoth will mention the SoD events. You can install the "Skie: The Cost of One Girl’s Soul" mod from Lava BEFORE installing "BG1 NPC to BG2" - then the Skie installation will be skipped and only Lava's Skie will be installed (which takes into account the SoD events), and Smiling Imp's Eldoth will not appear in the game too. However, with this method, Smiling Imp's Shar-Teel will not talk to Lava's Skie.

I will add that after the next update, this will change in relation to Safana - I will add a few phrases to her, mentioning the events of SoD when joining a group. But this will only be for EET and only on condition that the player and Safana had a romance earlier (which ends very sadly in SoD).

Spoiler

Alternatively (if you don't need Skie at all in the game), you can simply disable the installation of Skie when installing the mod. To do this, you need to find this fragment in the BG1NPCSoA.tp2 file:

ACTION_IF 
NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~l#2sdski.cre~  AND
NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~1xSkie2.cre~  AND
NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~1xSkie3.cre~
BEGIN

COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/Cre/7Xcre4.cre~ ~override/7Xcre4.cre~
SAY NAME1 @123
SAY NAME2 @124
SAY BIO @125
SAY INITIAL_MEETING ~~ [skie5]
  SAY MORALE ~~ 
  SAY HAPPY ~~ [skie0]
  SAY UNHAPPY_ANNOYED ~~ [skiea]
  SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS ~~ [skie4]
  SAY UNHAPPY_BREAKING ~~ 
  SAY LEADER ~~ [skieb]
  SAY TIRED ~~ [skiec]
  SAY BORED ~~ [skied]
  SAY BATTLE_CRY1 ~~ [skiea]
  SAY BATTLE_CRY2 ~~ [skie8]
  SAY BATTLE_CRY3 ~~ [skiel] 
  SAY BATTLE_CRY4 ~~ [skiea]
  SAY BATTLE_CRY5 ~~ [skiel]
  SAY DAMAGE ~~ [skiee]
  SAY DYING ~~ [skiem]
  SAY HURT ~~ [skie8]  
  SAY AREA_FOREST ~~ [skien]
  SAY AREA_CITY ~~ [skien]
  SAY AREA_DUNGEON ~~ [skieN]
  SAY AREA_DAY ~~ [skieS]
  SAY AREA_NIGHT ~~ [skieH] 
  SAY SELECT_COMMON1  ~~ [skief]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~~ [skiei]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON3 ~~ [skieH]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON4 ~~ [skieK]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON5 ~~ [skieX] 
  SAY SELECT_COMMON6 ~~ [skief]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~~ [skiei] 
  SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~~ [skiej]  
  SAY SELECT_ACTION3 ~~ [skieS] 
  SAY SELECT_ACTION4  ~~ [skiej]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION5 ~~ [skiet]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION6 ~~  [skieY]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION7 ~~ [skiev]
  SAY SELECT_RARE1 ~~ [skiex]
  SAY SELECT_RARE2 ~~ [skiey]
  SAY CRITICAL_HIT ~~ [skiez]
  SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~~ [skie1]
  SAY TARGET_IMMUNE ~~ [skie2]
  SAY INVENTORY_FULL ~~ [skie3]
  SAY PICKED_POCKET ~~ [skie4]
  SAY HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS ~~ [skie5] 
  SAY SPELL_DISRUPTED ~~ [skie6]
  SAY SET_A_TRAP ~~
  SAY REACT_TO_DIE_GENERAL ~~ [skie7]
  SAY INTERACTION3 ~~ 
  SAY COMPLIMENT1 ~~ [skie0]
PATCH_IF GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~ BEGIN
	LPF ADD_CRE_EFFECT
		INT_VAR
			opcode = 360 //Ignore reputation
			timing = 9 //Permanent
			target = 1 //Self
			resist_dispel = 0 //Not dispellable + bypass resistance
	END
END

ACTION_IF (GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~) BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/Skie/EE-portraits/~ ~override~
END ELSE BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/Skie/vanilla-portraits~ ~override~
END

END ELSE BEGIN
  PRINT @157
END

And disable it, replacing it with this:

/*ACTION_IF 
NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~l#2sdski.cre~  AND
NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~1xSkie2.cre~  AND
NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~1xSkie3.cre~
BEGIN

COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/Cre/7Xcre4.cre~ ~override/7Xcre4.cre~
SAY NAME1 @123
SAY NAME2 @124
SAY BIO @125
SAY INITIAL_MEETING ~~ [skie5]
  SAY MORALE ~~ 
  SAY HAPPY ~~ [skie0]
  SAY UNHAPPY_ANNOYED ~~ [skiea]
  SAY UNHAPPY_SERIOUS ~~ [skie4]
  SAY UNHAPPY_BREAKING ~~ 
  SAY LEADER ~~ [skieb]
  SAY TIRED ~~ [skiec]
  SAY BORED ~~ [skied]
  SAY BATTLE_CRY1 ~~ [skiea]
  SAY BATTLE_CRY2 ~~ [skie8]
  SAY BATTLE_CRY3 ~~ [skiel] 
  SAY BATTLE_CRY4 ~~ [skiea]
  SAY BATTLE_CRY5 ~~ [skiel]
  SAY DAMAGE ~~ [skiee]
  SAY DYING ~~ [skiem]
  SAY HURT ~~ [skie8]  
  SAY AREA_FOREST ~~ [skien]
  SAY AREA_CITY ~~ [skien]
  SAY AREA_DUNGEON ~~ [skieN]
  SAY AREA_DAY ~~ [skieS]
  SAY AREA_NIGHT ~~ [skieH] 
  SAY SELECT_COMMON1  ~~ [skief]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON2 ~~ [skiei]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON3 ~~ [skieH]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON4 ~~ [skieK]
  SAY SELECT_COMMON5 ~~ [skieX] 
  SAY SELECT_COMMON6 ~~ [skief]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION1 ~~ [skiei] 
  SAY SELECT_ACTION2 ~~ [skiej]  
  SAY SELECT_ACTION3 ~~ [skieS] 
  SAY SELECT_ACTION4  ~~ [skiej]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION5 ~~ [skiet]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION6 ~~  [skieY]
  SAY SELECT_ACTION7 ~~ [skiev]
  SAY SELECT_RARE1 ~~ [skiex]
  SAY SELECT_RARE2 ~~ [skiey]
  SAY CRITICAL_HIT ~~ [skiez]
  SAY CRITICAL_MISS ~~ [skie1]
  SAY TARGET_IMMUNE ~~ [skie2]
  SAY INVENTORY_FULL ~~ [skie3]
  SAY PICKED_POCKET ~~ [skie4]
  SAY HIDDEN_IN_SHADOWS ~~ [skie5] 
  SAY SPELL_DISRUPTED ~~ [skie6]
  SAY SET_A_TRAP ~~
  SAY REACT_TO_DIE_GENERAL ~~ [skie7]
  SAY INTERACTION3 ~~ 
  SAY COMPLIMENT1 ~~ [skie0]
PATCH_IF GAME_IS ~bg2ee eet~ BEGIN
	LPF ADD_CRE_EFFECT
		INT_VAR
			opcode = 360 //Ignore reputation
			timing = 9 //Permanent
			target = 1 //Self
			resist_dispel = 0 //Not dispellable + bypass resistance
	END
END

COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/Skie/EE-portraits/~ ~override~
END ELSE BEGIN
COPY ~BG1NPCSoA/portraits/Skie/vanilla-portraits~ ~override~
END

END ELSE BEGIN
  PRINT @157
END
*/

Edited by Austin
3 hours ago, marcnivar said:

The new area sound great, hopefully it is also compatible with Lava's MOD which adds new area in Athkatla, gonna try those in the next playthrough as well.

Yes, they are compatible! "BG1 NPC to BG2" mod does not add a new area icon to the worldmap and you can get there in a special way (by talking to one of the characters who will guide you to this area). Thanks to this, there are no conflicts.

Edited by Austin

I don’t have plan to take Skie or Eldoth for next evil playthrough, but perhaps I can install Lava’s mod for sod continuity. 

Thanks Lava and Austin for explaining.

As for Safana, I’m just thinking, why not just add dialogue options to trigger her lines recognising the relationship / event in SOD, I noticed some mods did this. It would be great if we can have this for Bg2ee as well, since some may not prefer eet but still romance her.

29 minutes ago, marcnivar said:

As for Safana, I’m just thinking, why not just add dialogue options to trigger her lines recognising the relationship / event in SOD, I noticed some mods did this. It would be great if we can have this for Bg2ee as well, since some may not prefer eet but still romance her.

This is technically difficult to do. The fact is that with the usual import of saves from BG1 to BG2, the global variables of the romance with Safana ("bd_safana_romanceactive", "GLOBAL") are not saved. Therefore, it is impossible to check in BG2 (without EET) whether the player had a romance with Safana in SoD or not. After all, the player could not start the romance with Safana or even skip SoD. And then these lines would be inappropriate.

In EET, the game is unified and such checks are possible, so it will be implemented there.

If anyone can suggest a way how to add checks like this, I'll do it, but so far I haven't found any other way than to do it for EET only.

Edited by Austin
4 hours ago, kjeron said:

@Austin The file you want is VARIMPRT.2DA, it looks like this:

2DA V1.0
NONE
  VARIABLENAME
1 NEERA_ROMANCE
2 DORN_ROMANCE_2
3 RASAAD_ROMANCE
4 BD_HAVE_SOD

Just append you romance variable and it will be imported from saved games.

Hello! Thank you!

I tried this method, added the

APPEND ~VARIMPRT.2da~ ~5     bd_safana_romanceactive~
END

command to the TP2 file.

The entry was added to VARIMPRT.2DA, everything was fine.

After that I started BG1, set the variable "bd_safana_romanceactive" to position 2, saved the game. Then I launched BG2, started a new game importing the save from BG1. But as a result, the variable was still not imported and is not taken into account. Did I do something wrong?

Edited by Austin
8 hours ago, Austin said:

This is technically difficult to do. The fact is that with the usual import of saves from BG1 to BG2, the global variables of the romance with Safana ("bd_safana_romanceactive", "GLOBAL") are not saved. Therefore, it is impossible to check in BG2 (without EET) whether the player had a romance with Safana in SoD or not. After all, the player could not start the romance with Safana or even skip SoD. And then these lines would be inappropriate.

In EET, the game is unified and such checks are possible, so it will be implemented there.

If anyone can suggest a way how to add checks like this, I'll do it, but so far I haven't found any other way than to do it for EET only.

I don't know about the technical part, so I would just share my experience in BG2 for Sirene and Isra NPC.

There is a dialogue option when I firstly meet them in BG2 to show that we know each other in BG1, and the romance in BG2 is initiated straight away after choosing that option. If I do not choose that option in the first dialogue, charname will be treated as new friend and has to go through some friendship talks first before starting the romance in BG2.

Sirene also has one dialogue option to tell her something like we haven't met since SOD event, and she will response to that with one or two lines, so somehow like recognizing the SOD events. After that I think everything is still same as the original BG2 content.

It seems like these two MODs are not checking the variables from import, but is just based to the dialogue options in BG2 to set the variables.

Thank you so much! It worked! :)
After the next update of the mod, Safana will not only have a lot of new content, but also a few lines mentioning the events of SoD (in the case of a romance with her in this add-on))

Edited by Austin