Tamoko npc Mod

Guest Rik

I was playing Baldur's gate 1 and I realized how much I miss a Tamoko npc mod for Baldur's gate 2 and ToB. It is indeed a shame no one has planned for it, especially because I feel like adding Tamoko to the party would be a source of great potential and fun. I saw a few mods for Tamoko on the .net, but they don't match my own expectations. One can only hope, one day, Lava and AionZ will partner to bring it to life...

The problem with Tamoko is that there are some interpretations of the character that say she was/is (depending if she survived) Yoshimo's sister. Such interpretations also appear in Kivan & Deheriana (IIRC) and I tease the idea in Yoshimo Romance and... maybe Remorse? I don't remember. Anyway, I do not give the exact answer to those interpretations, because it's kinda unclear. I think it was hinted that it was supposed to be there, in BG2, but it got cut out. To be honest, while I play with this idea, I am not a fan of it, because It's a bit like in some soap opera: you meet 2 powerful people from Kozakura and by accident they are brother and sister and none of them had only problems finding you...

So... while I really like Tamoko, implementing her would mean breaking/supporting one interpretation of that whole Yoshimo/Tamoko thing and that's not exactly what I'd like to do...

First of all, thanks for answering, especially because I have not yet registered on the forum but you took the disturb to answer to an anonymous guest.

I feel like the concept that Tamoko was Yoshimo’s sister stems from modding:

1) Sarevok’s remorse assumes you’ve killed her – but my memories are kinda evanescent due to the fact that I’ve played it years ago. I don’t remember if you could deny it, but the fact that I didn’t install it again makes me assume you can’t.

2) Kivan and Deheriana, coupled with the others, I didn’t play them, I’m sorry.

But.. I don’t think the existence of conflicting mods bars you from providing your own interpretation to the characters:
> As a modder, this seems kinda a Sysyphean task.
> As a player, you know sometimes that you cannot install every mod, especially if you care about consistency.

I had to try in my first post, because I know you two are the best (at least for me) writers a Tamoko mod (and players too) could ever hope for.

Good luck for your future projects!

I've meant Yoshimo's Remorse, not Sarevok's Remorse :) Also, AFAIR you are able to make Tamoko survive, but the game assumes she died.

I try to make my mods work well with different interpretations and different mods, but here... it's kinda impossible. The only solution I once had was making her join AFTER Yoshimo's dead and stray from that part of CHARNAME's story when talking to Tamoko, but... To be honest, I have few other mods that I've been working on and even if I decided to give it a try, it wouldn't be anytime soon.

But yeah, I'm preparing some stuff for people like you - people who still like BG and hope for new content to come. So I hope I'll be able to provide something that you will consider equally fun.

Thanks for your kind words! And cheers!