Mod help request for my current game

@jastey hi jastey, out of curiosity, are you the author for the slime quest and Dudley necklace quest in Beregost?

Asking this because not sure you are the author or just maintaining the mod.

Really like how these quests were written, it retains the vanilla flavour perfectly, simple short story but with interesting dialogue options and lots of interactions from companions (ya, I really like interjections).

I simply feel like I must install all of the mods from the author of these quests in my future playthrough, its like getting a vanilla game that is full of new surprises. 

I even recorded a video to show my friends (trying to make them interested in modded bg)

Edited by marcnivar
22 hours ago, jastey said:

@marcnivar Aww thanks for the kind words! Yes, I am the author. Thanks for that video! It was nice watching it for a change. EDIT: My signature gives a list of my mods, in case you disabled them.

I think I missed your signature previously...there are some that I will definitely try next time.

Enjoying current game so far, but started to consider a super epic modded game with all good quests and npcs next year or next next year... I guess the best fun is always drafting a new modlist 😀

But I think the compatibility part will be the most difficult to achieve.

Anyway,  found one weird bug related to shar-teel yesterday, she will keep trying to talk with the charname after kicking her out from the party, like trying to join back...not sure it is related to any mod. The mod that I installed that affected her should be only bg1npc, and the relocate to convenient place.

@marcnivar That sounds like a stutter bug. You could install the Stutter Debug Tool and see ingame which script and scriptblock is causing this. You'll have to look it up with Near Infinity yourself though since it's your modded game so SharTeel's script blocks might be different than for someone else. Post the block here if you want help to de-stutter her. (And don't forget to deinstall it afterwards since it could break cutscenes.)

26 minutes ago, jastey said:

@marcnivar That sounds like a stutter bug. You could install the Stutter Debug Tool and see ingame which script and scriptblock is causing this. You'll have to look it up with Near Infinity yourself though since it's your modded game so SharTeel's script blocks might be different than for someone else. Post the block here if you want help to de-stutter her. (And don't forget to deinstall it afterwards since it could break cutscenes.)

Thanks, didn't realise the existence of this tool,  will try to learn on how to fix it later (when more free time) since I'm not using her now, so not a big deal atm. 

Is there any possible cause for this type of problem? could it be related to a bad installation or simply random? Hopefully this does not affect the other more crucial npc in my game...

It can be a simple bug (variable misspelling between script and dialogue). It can depend on installation order for example if you have a mod that introduces player initiated dialogues (which are always true) and another mod is installed later that adds normal dialgues but doesn't give them a higher weight (so they are buried below the PID and the engine tries to trigger them but the player only gets the PID).

SharTeel repeatedly initiating dialogue after kickout is a new thing imho, at least I wouldn't be aware having read about it before. I'd be interested what is causing this.

3 hours ago, jastey said:

It can be a simple bug (variable misspelling between script and dialogue). It can depend on installation order for example if you have a mod that introduces player initiated dialogues (which are always true) and another mod is installed later that adds normal dialgues but doesn't give them a higher weight (so they are buried below the PID and the engine tries to trigger them but the player only gets the PID).

SharTeel repeatedly initiating dialogue after kickout is a new thing imho, at least I wouldn't be aware having read about it before. I'd be interested what is causing this.

in game it showed this (split my post due to attachment size limit)

Spoiler

Screenshot 2021-11-17 180743.jpg

Under nearinfinity:

Spoiler

IF
    !IfValidForPartyDialog(Myself)
    Global("SHARTEELFIGHT","GLOBAL",1)
    HPPercentLT(Myself,74)
    HPPercentGT(StrongestOf,49)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ClearAllActions()
        ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,234546))  // Running block 79 of SHARTEEL.BCS
        ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayStringHead(Myself,234546))  // Running block 79 of SHARTEEL.BCS
        SetGlobal("BeatSharteel","GLOBAL",2)
        Dialog([PC])
END

Edited by marcnivar
3 hours ago, marcnivar said:

IF
    !IfValidForPartyDialog(Myself)
    Global("SHARTEELFIGHT","GLOBAL",1)
    HPPercentLT(Myself,74)
    HPPercentGT(StrongestOf,49)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ClearAllActions()
        ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,234546))  // Running block 79 of SHARTEEL.BCS
        ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayStringHead(Myself,234546))  // Running block 79 of SHARTEEL.BCS
        SetGlobal("BeatSharteel","GLOBAL",2)
        Dialog([PC])
END

Some of your mods changed the first trgger to "!IfValidForPartyDialog(Myself)". In the original game script, it's "!InParty(Myself)", but thats not the problem here. The problem is that this is a scriptblock that's supposed to trigger upon the first meeting - when SarTeel still has her "first meeting" dialogue attached. For some reason, it triggers for you now where she already was in party.

To end the stutter, I guess you could set

C:SetGlobal("SHARTEELFIGHT","GLOBAL",3)

I'm not familiar enough with SharTeels meeting fight to know whether that's a good fix, though.

9 hours ago, jastey said:

Some of your mods changed the first trgger to "!IfValidForPartyDialog(Myself)". In the original game script, it's "!InParty(Myself)", but thats not the problem here. The problem is that this is a scriptblock that's supposed to trigger upon the first meeting - when SarTeel still has her "first meeting" dialogue attached. For some reason, it triggers for you now where she already was in party.

To end the stutter, I guess you could set

C:SetGlobal("SHARTEELFIGHT","GLOBAL",3)

I'm not familiar enough with SharTeels meeting fight to know whether that's a good fix, though.

I just found out that this problem is related to her HP. After a fight with the male, she will join with a very low hp. If I ask her to leave immediately after joining, or let her join first, then kick her (when her hp is still low), she will repeatedly initiating the dialogue.

However, if I let her join first, then heal her to full hp, I can kick her without any problem....

Not sure it is related to the tweak MOD:

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4170 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v9

Thanks for testing! This could be an oversight in the original game, because the script block is there in the original (just with an !InParty() check instead of a check for "cannot talk" which doesn't make much sense). I don't have time to dig into this currently, maybe someone else feels like having a closer look at this.

Did some test run of my bg2 part, and thinking of reinstalling the bg2 part for this playthrough, so asking some questions here. @jastey as some are related to your mod. 

1) Jastey's Solaufein mod. 

Just realised that we can bring him as 7th party member with this mod, so thinking of adding this mod:
- does he still interject in quests and can have banters with other party members if he joins as 7th party member? 
- does he has interjections in the quests of chapter 2? If yes probably i should go underdark earlier and keep some quests to do with him (after returning from underdark) 

2) I'm a bit confused on how to get Ajantis in my test run. Normally I will do a test run (teleporting with console) to ensure that the mod npcs/ quests are in the game, but I'm not sure where can I look for Ajantis, it seems like I still killed the orges and there is dialogue mentioning he is one of them there...hence not sure whether my installation is successful. 

3) Is there any quests mod with crossmod content  from ajantis / solaufein that I missed out? 

4) this question is more for future playthrough, is there any mod adds interjections in chapter 2 quests for Imoen? Not sure whether the Imoen romance and Imoen forever have added this.

4 hours ago, marcnivar said:

- does he still interject in quests and can have banters with other party members if he joins as 7th party member? 

Yes, all of Solaufein's dialogues and interjections and banter should work normally in 7th party member mode. There is a lot of other quirks with this ingame so please read the notes in the readme before playing, but if you intend to let him follow as 7th member all the way (in the meaning of: he doesn't have important items in his inventory you'd need for quests) then it should be no problem.

- does he has interjections in the quests of chapter 2?

No, I don't think so. I don't really remember but I know that I always designed him for "after Brynnlaw", i.e. after most of what I think are 2/3 chapter quests.

2) I'm a bit confused on how to get Ajantis in my test run. Normally I will do a test run (teleporting with console) to ensure that the mod npcs/ quests are in the game, but I'm not sure where can I look for Ajantis, it seems like I still killed the orges and there is dialogue mentioning he is one of them there...hence not sure whether my installation is successful.

The Ajantis mod doesn't change the original fight in the Windspear Hills, other than that after the fight there will be knights collecting the bodies. Ajantis needs to be freed from an illusion of Fierkraag, the lead to this is handed to the PC on the stairs before reaching the cells with Garren's child inside the dungeon. You could save the game and teleport to the illusion realm, area code "c#aj00" to see whether the mod installed right. You could also have a look at these files with NI outside the game, btw.

3) Is there any quests mod with crossmod content  from ajantis / solaufein that I missed out? 

It's all inside the CrossmodBanter Pack.

4) this question is more for future playthrough, is there any mod adds interjections in chapter 2 quests for Imoen? Not sure whether the Imoen romance and Imoen forever have added this.

I think Imoen Romance adds some but they'll only show after Brynnlaw, obviously. Imoen4Ever doesn't add much interjections yet and is also a bit tricky compatibility wise depending on what you want to install but lets you have Imoen in chapters 2 and 3. I am planning on adding more "life" to Imoen in BGII with I4E but I don't know when I'll have the time or it.

I think I got this question wrong, as I read "crossmod between Solaufein and Ajantis", but you were referring to which other mods' content Ajantis and Solaufein would react to?

Ajantis:

-Alternatives (only be active with the Crossmod Banter Pack)

-Hidden Adventures (if Hidden Adventure is installed *after* Ajantis BG2)

-Skie - Cost of one Girl's Soul (independent of install order because it's included in SCOGS, too).

Solaufein:

-Eilistraee's Song (if Solaufein is installed after)

-Subrace mods (component "Install Detection for Drow PC" needs to be installed after any of teh considered subrace mods. This doesn't add much content but it makes Soalufein aware in case the PC is a drow.)