Lack of banters

Guest Rik

Playing the mod. Apart from the banters with charname, there are very little banter of the party between each other. To this day, the best one were skie eldoth (3 banters), while most of the other were pretty silent, with one banter, (maybe two?)

Is this Intended?

Guest Daniel

Hello Rik.

How many hours have you played? I have the mod installed and i get a banter every 3 or 4 hours real time, not more. Maybe it's working as intended?

No, I don't think so, Rick is right, NPC's are definitely more silent now, in these newer versions. Even with banter accelerator. I remember that with this same party composition there was a stimulative number of debates in party, and now, after 5 and half days I only had maybe 2 banters. Jaheira has taken wow of silence and I only got her banter after I PID her. Maybe structure of the dialogues changed, as I do get banters after resting but if it is the case, I say that change was for the worse. 

Guest Daniel

Yes, thanks Greenhorn, I never played the older versions of the mod. A question, how can I set up the banter accelerator? When I installed the mod i just accepted the default values.  Can I reinstall it with no affection to my current game?

Hello Daniel, 

19 minutes ago, Guest Daniel said:

Yes, thanks Greenhorn, I never played the older versions of the mod. A question, how can I set up the banter accelerator? When I installed the mod i just accepted the default values.  Can I reinstall it with no affection to my current game?

you can install banter accelerator on non EE classic versions ( TUTU, BGT), for EE games I believe that component Banter Timing Tweak has same functionality. As for reinstalling mod in your current game, that is never a good idea but you can maybe do it ( depending on number of mods installed in your game and position of mod in question in install order, general rule is the latter the mod installed, better chances for success ) without  negative  consequences but it is far from guaranteed. 

Guest Daniel

I think i understand. Another question, can i change the settings in the mod without reinstalling? I would like to crank up the banter speed with the component "Banter Timing Tweak", is that possible witthout reinstalling?

Thanks!

Just one more observation from me, probably number and frequency of the dialogues depend on chapter and party composition. Until I entered Nashkel dialogue was mostly limited on old BG1 occasionally insults between Harper and Zhentarim duo but now dam finally gave way. With replacement of Xzar and Montaron with Branwen and Flara ( from Glam NPC pack) now I have interparty chat literally every five minutes on my delight. 

Edited by Greenhorn