Jump to content

Its possible to dual kit somehow?


Recommended Posts

Hello. Like in my title, its possible ? I heard some stories that i cant get advantages from dual kits like assassin/berserker, anyway i just want only dual my pure Fighter into assasin and cleric into archer. So its somehow possible ?

1. Trying only one mode called dualing into kit from beamdog, but seems now work fine for me (maybe cuz i using dragonspear UI++?)

Thanks for help ;)

Link to comment

Well, you can't natively dual into a kit, you can dual from a kitted character... if the kit allows this, as in the kit can have a restriction that you can't dual the character from it. And yeah, there are mods that allow to over come these restrictions. And then there's the multiclassed multikit builder mod, that allows you to make a kit that has both kits effect on.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Thanks for that. Bot it seems its for only BG2, because when i run this its showed its need G3 Fixpack (BG2 Fixpack), actually i playing BG 1 😜.

EDIT:

I find method to run this on BG 2 EE without fixpack,

But its complicated its once and its more like multiclass form as a name of mod, so its not for me.

Thanks anyway 😜

 

 

 

Edited by mt17
Link to comment

Are you using the latest version ? v0.28.. as that shouldn't require it. Yes, the latest version is not made by FlameWing, but CrevsDaak. And it requires you to copy a weidu.exe from any other mod you have installed(it's named setup-modname.exe) and rename it as setup-m7multikit.exe ... which you then just run.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, you can't natively dual into a kit, you can dual from a kitted character... if the kit allows this, as in the kit can have a restriction that you can't dual the character from it. And yeah, there are mods that allow to over come these restrictions. And then there's the multiclassed multikit builder mod, that allows you to make a kit that has both kits effect on.

Why, when someone says they want to dual-class from a non-kitted class into a kitted class (so only one kit), would you point them to a mod that is specifically for multiclasses (not dual) and specifically for combining more than one kit? Instead of to the mod that is specifically designed for dual-classing from an unkitted class to a kitted class? 

I cannot even fathom.

OP: the Dual-to-Kit mod works fine for me. It is a UI mod, though, and UI mods are not always compatible with each other. If you are using another UI mod (like Dragonspear UI), then that might indeed conflict with Dual-to-Kit. If that's the case, then you're just going to have to choose one or the other.

Link to comment

 

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Why, when someone says they want to dual-class from a non-kitted class into a kitted class (so only one kit), would you point them to a mod that is specifically for multiclasses (not dual) and specifically for combining more than one kit?

Alright, I'll just quote myself:

5 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, you can't natively dual into a kit, you can dual from a kitted character... if the kit allows this, as in the kit can have a restriction that you can't dual the character from it.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, you can't natively dual into a kit, you can dual from a kitted character

But... there is a mod that allows just that... but you pointed him to a different and wholly irrelevant mod... I just... don't understand...

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

As i said. Trying dual to kit, but still not even work.

 

Anyway im on private mess with creator of mod and he says dragonspear is compatibile with his mod. So he recommend me to send weidu.log, ui_menu and his 2 files (when his mod is installed) for check what the problem is.

 

Now i waiting for answer, i will post it here if he fix it somehow.

 

Edited by mt17
Link to comment

I'm at a loss for why it's not working.

The character is a TRUECLASS FIGHTER, human, has sufficient stats, and all of the kit info is correct in the LUA files.

I can just drop his LUA + UI.MENU files into my override with Dragonspear UI installed and they work, in both English and Polish.

If anyone has had similar issues with my mod I am open to ideas/solutions.

Edited by kjeron
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, kjeron said:

If anyone has had similar issues with my mod I am open to ideas/solutions.

Has the user/assumed mt17 installed the DLC merge mod for BG1EE+SoD ?

Also, where was the game installed into ? As in, every Windows 10 user that uses the C drive, needs to install the game into the Windows profile files, or the mods content won't be installed to the correct folder as the Operation Systems security protocols will mirror the new files into the users profile files to the hiden AppData folder, while leaving the originals as is, and the game doesn't undestand this, cause it wasn't build to be compatible.

Aka, the game needs to be installed here: C:\Users\<windows profile>\<games>\Baldur's Gate\ - or similar folder.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Yes, i got DLC merge. But i rly don't know what option to pick (merge only SoD, or all mods?), so i pick all mods, anyway i install DLC merge before install all my mods.

anyway, my weidu.log is in attach.

If u ask about installed place, for me its here:

(GoG version): D:\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

WeiDU.log

 

16 hours ago, kjeron said:

I'm at a loss for why it's not working.

The character is a TRUECLASS FIGHTER, human, has sufficient stats, and all of the kit info is correct in the LUA files.

I can just drop his LUA + UI.MENU files into my override with Dragonspear UI installed and they work, in both English and Polish.

If anyone has had similar issues with my mod I am open to ideas/solutions.

Like i answer you on Beadmog forum. My main class is trueclass, but try your command to set trueclass = no result. I send there a 1 minute clip for prove it

 

Edited by mt17
Link to comment

Only thing that occurs to me is, the game considers both 0x0000 and 0x4000 to be "trueclass." But some game functions and Weidu functions do not work with both. I've had trouble in the past when filtering for trueclass, because most NPC .CRE files are set to 0x4000 but Imoen, uniquely, is set to 0x0000. I had to manually patch her .CRE file to 0x4000 in order for some things to work correctly.

Maybe the Dual-to-Kit mod only handles one of those kit values? And mt17's character has the other value?

Link to comment
2 hours ago, mt17 said:

Like i answer you on Beadmog forum. My main class is trueclass, but try your command to set trueclass = no result. I send there a 1 minute clip for prove it

Yes, that's why I'm at a loss.  that command would have fixed any potential kit 0x0000 issue.  I don't know what else could interfere.

Edited by kjeron
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...