Its possible to dual kit somehow?

Ok. Im  back with some news.
Nope. my changing in CDtweaks doesnt really matter. I want dual to kit another character and again i cant.... i know WHY.

Just setting in baldur.lua always chaing by GoG (cloud or just program), because when i delete baldur.lua, run Baldurs Gate via .exe in folder game and set my prefer setting... i can dual to kit easly. But anyway if i just run from GoG launcher the setting somehow is changing (i thought its dowloading copy via cloud - but nope, why ?), trying turn off cloud system but still running it via GoG destroy it...

Simply fix ? Never run your mods via GoG... meeeh

5 hours ago, mt17 said:

Simply fix ? Never run your mods via GoG... meeeh

Running mods via GoG. Right, as if that was a thing.

You can download a game via GoG laucher, or you can launch the said game via some tool or another, but ... it does not have the option to run mods to a game via it. Unlike Steam, that REQUIRES Steam workshop for for that particular mod, and game engine that supports Steam workshop intergration, or have intergrated modified game that it runs(like say a DLC). But all those do is to run the game locally, with added options that are simple to do without Steam workshop if you just have the files.

Now, you can restore the local copy, which the computer compares the file ends and redownload the not matching files, and delete the extras. All things the moding can do. And doing so will technically uninstall the mods.

I said it wrong, ya - i meaning do not run a game (not mods xd) via GoG, cuz its still redownloading cloud or another services copy of saves and lua files (before mods installed) and saddly can broke the game.

Edited by mt17
Guest RAelis

Kjeron,

1) can you explain to me why it isn't possible to dual from kit to kit?

2) Just wishful thinking: wouldn't it be possible to actually dual from kit to a kit by making the player, when dualing, losing ONLY the future kit improvements? 
I try to explain better -> You've got a kensai level 9. You dual, and to make it possible you make the player renounce the kit, but not to the advantages brought by the kit. So they become fighter (but with kensai bonuses) and they can dual to a kit. This would make dualing to kit having only a minor cosmetic issue (the lack of the name kensai, but still having the advantages brought by the kensai class).

Or you could clone the class as if it was a "fallen" one and bypass even the cosmetic issue?

1 hour ago, Guest RAelis said:

1) can you explain to me why it isn't possible to dual from kit to kit?

3) Or you coul...

1. I can, this is because the kit is a class feature that's "placed" on top of the class, so there can be only one. In practice, your character gets a specific table assigned with the kit. The table then applies specific effects to the character during level ups.  ...

Now, there's a possible way to go around all of this... *

2. The dualed character is still using the original table for their original kit, so you can't assign a new one in it's place... unless you customize it specifically for a set of mixed class & kit combination. So yes, you could make a kensai level 9 to be anything you wish it to combine with... but that it is its own kit to every one of the combinations. And there's not enought kits to feature every one... as it can be everyone of the other kits.

3. No, see the fallen status of a kitted character is a kit on it's own right. Didn't see that coming did you ?

*this is a script action which AddSuperKit. But that could have multiple unknowns.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

No matter what you do, a creature can have only 1 kit.  If you manually switch kits or use AddSuperKit(), you will keep only what is applied through the CLAB file.  Any 2da-based or hardcoded aspects will be lost.

You can do #2 yourself, by changing the character's kit to TRUECLASS in Near Infinity, before dual-classing, but there isn't any way for the mod to it through the UI.

5 hours ago, Guest RAelis said:

I try to explain better -> You've got a kensai level 9. You dual, and to make it possible you make the player renounce the kit, but not to the advantages brought by the kit.

For other reasons, I once asked about this possibility. In my case, I was actually willing to make the player give up all of the kit abilities already gained, truly wipe the slate clean and then to dual-class. Unfortunately, even in such case, the UI cannot trigger such a renunciation. All the UI can do is, upon hitting the dual-class button, take you to the class-choice screen and then the kit-choice screen. And if you already have a kit, it won't take you to the kit-choice screen. The UI has no mechanism to remove your kit in the middle of that process.

What you could do, is create an innate ability and give it to every single-class character, which wipe away your kit in preparation for dual-classing. But it cannot be rolled together with the dual-class process itself. And for the effort, you could as easily just do it in EEKeeper.

Guest Raelis
49 minutes ago, kjeron said:

No matter what you do, a creature can have only 1 kit.  If you manually switch kits or use AddSuperKit(), you will keep only what is applied through the CLAB file.  Any 2da-based or hardcoded aspects will be lost.

You can do #2 yourself, by changing the character's kit to TRUECLASS in Near Infinity, before dual-classing, but there isn't any way for the mod to it through the UI.

31 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

For other reasons, I once asked about this possibility. In my case, I was actually willing to make the player give up all of the kit abilities already gained, truly wipe the slate clean and then to dual-class. Unfortunately, even in such case, the UI cannot trigger such a renunciation. All the UI can do is, upon hitting the dual-class button, take you to the class-choice screen and then the kit-choice screen. And if you already have a kit, it won't take you to the kit-choice screen. The UI has no mechanism to remove your kit in the middle of that process.

What you could do, is create an innate ability and give it to every single-class character, which wipe away your kit in preparation for dual-classing. But it cannot be rolled together with the dual-class process itself. And for the effort, you could as easily just do it in EEKeeper.

Thank you.

I'm glad subtledocter posted that - reminded me of why it didn't work - (there is only a one-sided conversation about it on Beamdog forums anymore).

The mod could do what you want Raelis. It can't remove the old kit, but it can switch to a new one, it's just not written to allow such.

Since I need to update the mod anyway(*), the first component now has two options: dual-to-kit or kit-to-kit.

Kit to kit allows everything the former does, but also allows giving up the former kit for a new one.

You'll keep all CLAB abilities from the old kit, but lose any hardcoded and 2da-based aspects.

(*) At some point I added a fix for the proficiency component that resulted in kitted characters LOSING their kit if they dual-classed.

Guest Raelis

1) Kjeron, thanks for adding the possibility of kit to kit. 

2) I have to ask you now because I doubt I could ask anyone else. Would it be possible for you to release a tweak for the assassin class making all the classical enemies in ToB that supposedly shouldn't be immune backstabbable? I ask because I saw that you put a lot of thought behind your mods (saw your discussion with Tresset about which enemies should be immune to mind flayer drain INT and after that I thought you woudl be the best person to ask).

3) I saw the mod "Way of the assassin" by AionZ, but turns out he added a hla that removes the backstabbing immunity straight out from the enemy. Do you think it is possible in another way to do so? See "expose weakness" https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64119/v1-4-way-of-the-assassin-an-assassin-kit-rework

There aren't that many with backstab immunity that shouldn't (BG2EE😞

Melissan (NPC version). Sendai, Illasera, and Gromnir Il-Khan. Yaga-shura's Lieutenents, Kiser Jhaeri, and some Tielfings serving a Cambion.

2nd edition gave rather broad immunity to backstabs, just being aware of the attacker, even if you were helpless, was enough to be immune.

A bigger issue would be removing op193 (see invisible) from the numerous creatures that don't deserve it, as the game treats it more as an AI cheating tool than a natural ability of some creatures.

From what I could find, only Dragons, pseudodragons, hell hounds, and kuo-toa can naturally see through invisibility.  With special exclusions for creatures such as slimes, bats and IWD's blind minotaurs, as they don't operate on sight to begin with.

Edited by kjeron