Its possible to dual kit somehow?

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Maybe the Dual-to-Kit mod only handles one of those kit values? And mt17's character has the other value

2 hours ago, kjeron said:

Yes, that's why I'm at a loss.  that command would have fixed any potential kit 0x0000 issue.  I don't know what else could interfere.

I dont know what to do more else. But there is one thing which i forgoten. Characters who i edited by NPC 1 level (expect Khalid) was dead in-game. I mean that when leave first time candlekeep, after a cut-scene imoen should respawn near us, but i found her body xd. Kivan, Coran and Dynaheir also was dead. I have to use console to spawn them :/. But i not sure its some kind of problem with dual to kit.

Anyway. its still BG1, literally no need to dualing (i dont remember i can reach 13 lvl as fighter on BG + SOD + couple of mods quests?), so probably i will still dual my character in BG2. But still have some hope for fix it with your help guys :)

Did you install SCS NPC Customization? I've heard of screwy things with its scripted stuff, like removing 10hp and then they die?  (It does the same things as Level 1 NPCs anyway, so best not to install both.) Or maybe L1NPCs does something that interacts poorly with Dual to Kit.

One way or another, if you're finding dead bodies on the road then I think there is just something messed up with your game, not necessarily a bug in Dual to Kit.

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Did you install SCS NPC Customization? I've heard of screwy things with its scripted stuff, like removing 10hp and then they die?  (It does the same things as Level 1 NPCs anyway, so best not to install both.) Or maybe L1NPCs does something that interacts poorly with Dual to Kit.

One way or another, if you're finding dead bodies on the road then I think there is just something messed up with your game, not necessarily a bug in Dual to Kit.

Yes, i do install that from SCS xd. I don't mean dead bodies is from Dual to Kit, i mean its from Level 1 NPC, but u just prove me why they're was dead xd.

I have last question. I've playing BG like 8 times in my whole life, but never know how one thing work.

My created character who of course have best stats from others companions are party leader always (he's as first/top portrait) because i want be a "speaker", but... we cant create own formations, i want to put on frontline tank character (Kagain), if i set him on top he will be party leader, so thats means he is a "speaker" or that really doesnt matter who speaks because dialogs expect character names are still same?

Edited by mt17
1 hour ago, mt17 said:

Yes, i do install that from SCS xd. I don't mean dead bodies is from Dual to Kit, i mean its from Level 1 NPC,

That SCS component does basically the same thing as Level 1 NPCs, only difference is one lets you customize NPCs when installing and the other lets you customize NPCs inside the game. I very much expect these will interfere with each other and cause problems; mod interactions can be chaotic, and maybe that's interfering with Dual-to-Kit. I don't think we've seen your weidu.log? Maybe you have other mods that could cause the dual-class to fail. Maybe there is another mod that affects the dual-class UI.

If i had to guess I would say the problem with dual-classing is caused by something being wrong with your mod picks and/or install order.

I send it before. BUT YES!!!! I DO IT !!!! I CAN CHOOSE KITS!

Im dont know what's was the problem literally, but i change some tweaks by CDTWEAKS (because stratagems give us much more hard game, so i want make it little more easier but change some things in CDTWEAKS mod).

What i change ?

- Expanded Dual-Class Options

- Alter Dual-class Restrictions: non-humans can dual class also (anyway Kagain still cant dual class idk why, but w/e)

That change something and now i can dual all character trueclasses into kits ❤️

YES!

WeiDU.log

Edited by mt17

@mt17 I'm glad you found a solution, though I still don't understand why it wasn't working.

My mod only checks the race allowed to the kits, and the LUA files you showed me had all races open (at least for the kits in question).

The game engine still determines which races can use the dual-class button, and as you showed me you could dual-class.

8 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Only thing that occurs to me is, the game considers both 0x0000 and 0x4000 to be "trueclass." But some game functions and Weidu functions do not work with both.

Does it, really ? Tell me more about it, and that you have not fixed the kit index to be what it's supposed to be. As the kit is not a 0x0000 or 0x4000, but a combination of both. As in, .cre's offset 0x0244 is: 0x4000 0000. Yes, it's a 4 bit long dword.

Kit information:

NONE                0x00000000
KIT_BARBARIAN       0x00004000
KIT_TRUECLASS       0x40000000
KIT_BERSERKER       0x40010000
KIT_WIZARDSLAYER    0x40020000
KIT_KENSAI          0x40030000
KIT_CAVALIER        0x40040000
KIT_INQUISITOR      0x40050000
KIT_UNDEADHUNTER    0x40060000
KIT_ARCHER          0x40070000
KIT_STALKER         0x40080000
KIT_BEASTMASTER     0x40090000
KIT_ASSASSIN        0x400A0000
KIT_BOUNTYHUNTER    0x400B0000
KIT_SWASHBUCKLER    0x400C0000
KIT_BLADE           0x400D0000
KIT_JESTER          0x400E0000
KIT_SKALD           0x400F0000
KIT_TOTEMIC         0x40100000
KIT_SHAPESHIFTER    0x40110000
KIT_AVENGER         0x40120000
KIT_GODTALOS        0x40130000
KIT_GODHELM         0x40140000
KIT_GODLATHANDER    0x40150000
ABJURER             0x00400000
CONJURER            0x00800000
DIVINER             0x01000000
ENCHANTER           0x02000000
ILLUSIONIST         0x04000000
INVOKER             0x08000000
NECROMANCER         0x10000000
TRANSMUTER          0x20000000

Yes, this is technically wrong in the vanilla BG2... but it was fixed, by multiple mods.

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Does it, really ? Tell me more about it, and that you have not fixed the kit index to be what it's supposed to be. As the kit is not a 0x0000 or 0x4000, but a combination of both. As in, .cre's offset 0x0244 is: 0x4000 0000. Yes, it's a 4 bit long dword.

Okay Jarno. Now I'm giving you homework. Go look at IMOEN10.CRE and NALIA10.CRE and look at the value for their kits - the 4-byte dword at offset 0x244. They are both "trueclass" - neither one has a kit in the game. But tell me if you find that their values at 0x244 are the same, or different.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Okay Jarno. Now I'm giving you homework.

K, nice. Thanks.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

They are both "trueclass" - neither one has a kit in the game.

Really ? Cause Imoen has 0 aka none, while Nalia has 16384 aka kit_trueclass ... this is in the above table/the table in IESDP for creatures.

While they are marked in the games kit.ids as 0(x4000) - TRUECLASS and 0x4000 - mageschool_generalist. //i didn't push the caps-key there.

Now, the BG2EE v2.5.2...'s kit.ids has a odd entry in the fact that it starts with...0x4000 TRUECLASS ... but that's just an error. It's meant to be 0x0000 ... this is a result of weidu installs, and people screwing with it while making actual patches for the game. Aka, they use a hobby tools to make actual game edits.

And this is using Near Infinity, go ask Argent77 how did this ever happen on his tool, aka, how the tool shows the Imoen's kit value while it's not in the games own kit.ids as flagged result.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Dude, it's not the fault of NI. The point is, Imoen's .CRE value has a a null value in the dword at 0x244.

In conversation we conflate tend to conflate the ideas of "no kit" and "trueclass." When you play a simple fighter and you do not choose a kit, you have no kit. We say you are a "trueclass fighter." From a player's perspective, there is no difference. Either you have one of the various kits, or you don;t have  kit and you are a trueclass. 

But the game engine has two possible values that can represent someone with no kit: 0x0000 0000, and 0x4000 0000. In regular gameplay this makes no difference. So the .CRE files are coded haphazardly, some have one value and some have the other value. But when you start modding things, the difference can become manifest. Like, I don't precisely remember how it bit me in the ass, but I think it was to do with scripts. If you have a script with a Kit() trigger meant to apply some action to trueclass/unkitted people, the script will work correctly for Nalia but it will fail for Imoen. The solution to solve problems like this, as Kjeron suggested earlier, is to change everyone who has 0x0000 to 0x4000.

24 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Now, the BG2EE v2.5.2...'s kit.ids has a odd entry in the fact that it starts with...0x4000 TRUECLASS ... but that's just an error. It's meant to be 0x0000

I mean, that entry is present in BGEE, SoD, BG2EE, and IWDEE. It's quite consistent across multiple patches released at different times with different bug-fixes, so it doesn't seem like an error. 

9 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

The solution to solve problems like this, as Kjeron suggested earlier, is to change everyone who has 0x0000 to 0x4000.

No. The solution is to fix your IF statement...

IF
  OR(2)
  Kit(LastSummonerOf(Myself),0000)
  Kit(LastSummonerOf(Myself),4000)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
END

Or how ever you do it.

TRUECLASS and MAGESCHOOL_GENERALIST are the same kit - 0x4000.

0x0000 is a different, hardcoded (or undefined) kit.

It's not enough to check for either - they are functionally different kits, and should not be used interchangeably.

It may be indistinguishable in-game, but the differences become quite obvious as soon as you know where to look.

Prior to v2.5, Imoen got to save against most innate abilities with a +2 bonus, and impose a -2 penalty to save against most innate abilities she used.

Even now, she will suffer a 15% penalty to learn any spell.

Were Wildmagic spells to have scrolls, she would be able to learn them.

She can't equip the Tunic of Blindeye because it's restricted to single-class mages, NOT because it's restricted from every kit except Wildmage.

Edited by kjeron
Guest morenai

If I dual class a kensai to swashbuckler, will the insane bonus gained on each respective levels get summed up ?

Kensai:
bonus to damage and THAC0 of +1 and -1 speed factor bonus for weapon every four levels. 

Swashbuckler:
+1 bonus to armor class at the start and +1 bonus every five levels (+9 AC bonus at level 40).
+1 bonus to-hit and damage every five levels (+8 to-hit and +8 damage at level 40).

48 minutes ago, Guest morenai said:

If I dual class a kensai to swashbuckler, will the insane bonus gained on each respective levels get summed up ?

Kensai:
bonus to damage and THAC0 of +1 and -1 speed factor bonus for weapon every four levels. 

Swashbuckler:
+1 bonus to armor class at the start and +1 bonus every five levels (+9 AC bonus at level 40).
+1 bonus to-hit and damage every five levels (+8 to-hit and +8 damage at level 40).

Probably not, this mod dont allow you dual your character from any kit to any kit. Only from true class --> another class kit