Best mods for evil playthrough?

Guest Guest Maxwell

Guest Guest Maxwell

Sorry for bad english 

I'm planning to play EET with an evil main character and I want to find out which mods are best suited for such a passage. I know that there are a lot of evil NPC partners and banter mods for Vanilla evil NPCs, but among the quest mods I can only think of Assassinations and maybe Ascension.

Hello!

1) BCaesar and Ratatoskr's "Multi-Mod" (Link). This mod has a "For the Evil" component, adding many "evil" solutions. Highly recommended for a walkthrough like this!

2) Smiling Imp's "BG1 NPC in BG2" mod (Link).This mod has a "Faldorn" component that allows you to help Faldorn destroy Trademeet or (funnier solution) to organize a blockade of the city and fill the streets with animals (after that, the townspeople will suffer a lot and everyone will have new dialogs written with black humor).

P.S. Sorry for my English too, I am writing through an online translator.

Edited by Austin
29 minutes ago, Guest Raelis said:

@Austin, how is the characterization of Imoen in that mod? Do you think that it could work with Imoen Romance installed?

No conflicts were mentioned between these mods and they should work together. The mod authors also mentioned Imoen Romance as compatible:

We have tried to account for the following mods in our code, meaning that our rest scenes don't trigger concurrently and you may see different dialogue if you have those mods installed (for example, Imoen may have a different interjection if you have active romance):

-Friendships/Banters: Viconia Friendship, the IEP Banter Project (as of March 25th, 2017). The Mazzy Friendship shouldn't break our mod if you have both installed, but they don't mesh well thematically.
-NPC Romances: De'Arnise Romance, Edwin Romance, Haer'Dalis Romance, Imoen Romance, Keldorn Romance, Sarevok Romance, and the Yoshimo Romance. (Plus all canon romances) (Thematic compatibility varies)
-Miscellaneous Mods: Alternatives, Imoen4Ever, Alora NPC, the Wilson Chronicles

You can read more in the mod's topic.

Guest raelis

Austin, sorry, I didn't explain well. I was referring to Smiling Imp's "BG1 NPC in BG2" mod. Do you think Imoen characterization match the one for Imoen Romance? Considering though that you would be using mostly the new added npcs I would say the answer is a definitive yes.

2 hours ago, Guest raelis said:

Austin, sorry, I didn't explain well. I was referring to Smiling Imp's "BG1 NPC in BG2" mod. Do you think Imoen characterization match the one for Imoen Romance? Considering though that you would be using mostly the new added npcs I would say the answer is a definitive yes.

This mod does not change Imoen. Imoen has some dialogue with old friends there, but they don't contradict other mods in any way. No problem. And above, I recommended the "Faldorn" component from this mod, because it adds the possibility of an evil solution to the Trademeet problem - and, as I understand it, you were interested in this.

Edited by Austin
Guest Raelis
On 3/12/2021 at 1:37 PM, temnix said:

I don't like to advertise myself, and those mods aren't out yet, but "The Demon and the Dragon" and "The Space-Fun Continuum" are going to have some wicked choices.

hopefully we will see more stuff from you being released. You are the only mod that seems to add meaningful evil choices. Everything else is pathetic.

Your ranger kit and Animate dead are two thing I'm eyeing as well.

1 minute ago, Guest Raelis said:

Your ranger kit and Animate dead are two thing I'm eyeing as well.

Why is everyone talking about a ranger kit I'm not going to make? It's like a Monty Python joke. :D

On 3/12/2021 at 1:37 PM, temnix said:

I don't like to advertise myself, and those mods aren't out yet, but "The Demon and the Dragon" and "The Space-Fun Continuum" are going to have some wicked choices.

@temnix You cannot imagine how pleased I was when I saw this replay, so pleased that I've created an account here for the sole pleasure to thank you :)

Any updates on the status of those mods ? 

I have no experience in modding, but I'd gladly beta test if this helps and if you can provide some guidance. I've just reinstalled BG2 and was planning on an evil playthrough but forgot how really frustrating this game is for Evil characters...It came back at  once as soon as I stumble on the save the slaves quest...

It's like this: I'm finishing up an update for "Adventurer's Miscellany," and after that I'm very tempted to quit immediately. There are all reasons to go and none to stay, other than my own stubborness. I'm loathe to let "Continuum" go to waste, because I put so much effort into it, and it's mostly finished as well, but the remaining part is not simple. Tell me, would you finish forging a magic sword if you knew it would be thrown in a rusty chest forever soon after? Well, there is something to be said for denial. As for "The Demon and the Dragon," I overreached there. The "demon" part about Ust Natha got so involved and I wrote and rewrote so many things, work on that scale should be done by a company. Testing is not enough, I would need people to work with hand-in-hand on the writing, the visuals, the music... The thing is grand but unfinished like the second Death Star in "Return of Jedi." I can neither release it nor finish it. The "dragon" part makes the shadow dragon encounter and fight more interesting, and there are some extras, and it's done. I can cut it out and post it as a small stand-alone mod. There is nothing particularly meant for evil characters there, though.