Why no Imoen in Interact.2da

I'm trying to understand how banters occur and tripped over the Interact.2da file.  So I'm assuming that is somehow used by the engine to get the team to auto-interact with each other.  If this is a correct assumption, why isn't Imoen included in the file?  Also, if Interact.2da does indeed control banters, how about those that use compliments/insults and specials?

Edited by Lauriel

Thanks @jasteyand @Gwendolyne.  So, Imoen was just an oversight.   That's good to know.  About the letters, if you have insults or complements for a new NPC, how do you put those in?  And if you have both insults/complements and specials for a particular NPC pair, how do you indicate that?  Just with the 's'?

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Well, more than half of the adventure doesn't essentially have a n y factor with Imoen, as she is the removed as part of the adventure, so she might not have any build in interactions to it.

Interjections to game events are not the topic of the thread.

Imoen was originally intended to die in Spellhold.

Interact.2da is not for banters, it's for BG1-style in-game interactions. Take a look here.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:05 AM, jastey said:

I think it enabled those compliment/insult comments for BG1?

They work in original BG1 and BGT too. Some mods extend them, though.

Edited by Magus
On 4/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, Magus said:

Interact.2da is not for banters

That's good to know.  What is used for banters other than their banter dialogue files?  What tells the systems to actually do one?

Edited by Lauriel

They are triggered by the engine, I believe. Just like BG1-style interactions. You can press the hotkey to advance game time (don't remember which one it is) and see them happen.

I'm not sure how the system chooses between what to trigger, banter vs interaction. Maybe interactions start flowing after all banters are exhausted between the interacting characters. Maybe it's random.

4 hours ago, Magus said:

They are triggered by the engine, I believe. Just like BG1-style interactions. You can press the hotkey to advance game time (don't remember which one it is) and see them happen.

I'm not sure how the system chooses between what to trigger, banter vs interaction. Maybe interactions start flowing after all banters are exhausted between the interacting characters. Maybe it's random.

Thank you.  :)