Detect(O:Object*), Objects and Invisibility

A lot of scripts use Detect() with combination of objects eg. NearestEnemyOf(Myself), but Detect won't detect  if enemy is fully invisible somehow. It works with with EA eg. ANYONE, GOODCUTOFF, EVILCUTOFF

Priest18.BCS

IF
    Detect(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    !See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
    HaveSpell(CLERIC_TRUE_SIGHT)  // SPPR505.SPL (True Seeing)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Spell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),CLERIC_TRUE_SIGHT)  // SPPR505.SPL (True Seeing)
END

Second script works (for nearest GOODCUTOFF invisible/improved invisibility target only)

IF
	ActionListEmpty()
	Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
	Detect([GOODCUTOFF])
	OR(3)
		!See(LastSeenBy(Myself))
		StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_INVISIBLE)
		StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_IMPROVEDINVISIBILITY)
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		Spell(Myself,CLERIC_TRUE_SIGHT)  // SPPR505.SPL (True Seeing)
END

Edited by Gamemacik

So what did you try? You have non-trivial code there, so it's not clear that the problem is where you say it is. Eg. does this block also result in a cast when in your special invisibility state?

IF
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
END

And are you sure NearestEnemyOf(Myself) is matching and matching who you expect?

16 hours ago, lynx said:

IF
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
END

I would not post untested code, i tested also this code (above) of course, i tested it today again, I spawned enemy orc shaman with this code attached to class script, tested with override script also, shaman just stand and does nothing. I tried also code without HaveSpell and with ForceSpell, result is same also. Shaman had only one script attached to avoid possible script conflicts, from my testing result is same as posted in my first post above. 

IF
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		ForceSpell(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),CLERIC_TRUE_SIGHT)  // SPPR505.SPL (True Seeing)
END

Edited by Gamemacik

For a more bulletproof test you'd have to use a message or ReallyForceSpell, but I doubt you'd get much different results. I still think your corner case is a problem in matching, not Detect though. And with the last two tests that could be in the action body as well.

To be clear, Detect() has no problem detecting invisible creatures, as evidenced by it working "correctly" when using object selectors, (eg. [ANYONE]).

NearestEnemyOf(), however, will not match an invisible creature unless the caller is under op193 (Invisible Detection by Script). I suspect this is true for all/most of the Nearest objects.

Edited by Bubb

@Bubb  I may be remembering wrong, but:

Isn't it only the 0x0### triggers that allow object selectors to include invisible objects (as well as a few other normally undetectable conditions).

While the 0x4### triggers as well as all actions do not allow object selectors to include invisible objects without op193.

Then their's ActionOverride(), which allows it's object specifier to include the active creature.