Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Introduction

This mod is a collection of player AI scripts designed for use in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, the Enhanced Edition Trilogy, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition. With these scripts, you can focus on the fighting aspect of combat while these take care of the nuances in the background. Of note, these scripts allow easy pre-buffing of all characters with a keystroke, take turns while healing to prevent overhealing, intelligent debuffing of enemy protections, and smart use of defensive spells and abilities.

You can download the latest version of the mod here.

You can view the readme for the mod here.

Why Did I Write These?

You are right to ask why I'm releasing these when there are already so many AI scripts out there. To that I'd say you are correct because some of them are really good. I'd like to explicitly acknowledge Sarevok57's amazing scripts. This year, I was dissatisfied with the scripts that the game offered and looked to better ones. There I found Sarevok57's work. His scripts were really good; however, they didn't match my playstyle as well as I wanted. As a Computer Science major, I asked myself how hard can it be to make my own scripts? I used Sarevok57's scripts as a baseline and developed my own off of his work making updates and tweaks to most every area. With his blessing I am sharing these with you today.

Content

These scripts are focused on heavy physical damage parties in both melee and ranged. To me, spells are only there to protect me from enemy damage, enhance my physical damage, and strip the enemies of their spell protections. These scripts do everything to manage the minutiae of play, so the player can focus on other things. Specifically these:

• Allow the player to pre-buff before any fight by pressing the "B" key. I hate pre-buffing, it is tedious to go through all spells and manually cast. Additionally, you have to check to ensure you cast long duration spells first and such. No bueno. Know what is bueno? Hitting the "B" key and watching all selected characters start pre-buffing. This is literally the "Easy Button" to buffing saving you time and allowing you to focus on what really matters. Characters will state when they begin pre-buffing and when they complete pre-buffing. If an enemy is sighted or the "B" key is pressed again, pre-buffing will cancel and the character will announce they were not able to complete the pre-buffing. Buffs will be cast with longest duration ones first moving to shortest duration. This takes all the guessing out of it.
  • Automatically using appropriate healing potions and antidotes in combat.
  • Automatic use of healing spells when out of combat. Focus is on casting the appropriate healing spell in relation to the amount of damage being healed (i.e. reduced overhealing). Additionally, characters using these scripts will take turns when healing to avoid overhealing.
  • Casting PfMW or Shield of Lathander (SCS IWD spell that acts as the Cleric version of PfMW) if health drops below a threshold.
  • Detecting Invisibility and intelligent debuffing of enemy protections.
  • Spells will not be cast in Wild Magic Areas, Dead Magic Areas, or in Athkatla when the licence to use magic is not purchased/Cowled Wizards are harassing you.
  • Intelligent use of equipment special abilities.
  • Only attack enemies that they have the capability to hit and damage. I toyed with the idea of making a more improved targeting system, but decided against it. I really dislike in other scripts if I am focusing on a target and the script reassigns my enemy to someone else.

Compatibility

If you are upgrading from an earlier version of this mod, I recommend uninstalling all mod components and replacing all files with the new ones before doing a fresh install.

If you are installing any of the below listed mods, they should be installed before this mod.

These scripts cannot be installed if Olvyn spells are previously installed.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Enhanced Edition Trilogy

The mod has support for aTweaks, IWD spells (from either Sword Coast Stratagems or IWDification), Skills and Abilities, Sword Coast Stratagems, D5 Random Tweaks, Dark Side of the Sword Coast, Made in Heaven Spellpack, Song & Silence, Tome & Blood, Faith & Powers, 5e Spellcasting, and for changes from Spell Revisions (Revised) and Item Revisions (Revised).

Before modding SoD games, it requires use of either DLCMerger or ModMerge (DLCMerger Preferred).

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition

Currently, this mod supports only the base game for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.

Edited by morpheus562
On 4/8/2021 at 4:23 AM, temnix said:

Turning a role-playing game into a wargame: job completed.

Luckily for you, and those who normally disable ai scripts, I made one specifically for your playstyle. The MO-BasicAI script will:

• Pre-buff when the "B" key is pressed
  • Turn Undead constantly when the "V" key is pressed
  • Sing constantly if a bard
  • Detect traps if able (Thief and Monk builds)

The MO-BasicAI script will NOT:

• Cast other spells
  • Use any items
  • Auto-attack enemies (unless chosen to in the ini file before installation)
Edited by morpheus562
On 4/8/2021 at 2:43 PM, Endarire said:

Thankee for these variable scripts!

What mods besides SCS do you support with your scripts?

As described above, this is compatible with either no mods installed or a combination of any of the mods in the "Compatibility" section. 

Edited by morpheus562