Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Guest Ofelshadow
19 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Thank you. One note when playing with mods using bgee and sod is you'll need to install dlc merger. Mods will not work without this installed first.

It indeed cause a lot of issue installing SoD AFTER  Enhanced Powergaming Scripts was already installed.
The scripts names in game were Item names and more... So I uninstalled Enhanced Powergaming Scripts, installed DLCMerger
Everything is working perfectly now. thank you!

Guest Ofelshadow
20 hours ago, morpheus562 said:

Thank you. One note when playing with mods using bgee and sod is you'll need to install dlc merger. Mods will not work without this installed first.

Also, Could you make all Scripts have a toggle button for using consumable Items? I know Basic_AI is without using potions(or at least I think I read it somewhere), but can you make a button that toggle use\Don't Use consumables during buffing? Something like "if(ToggleKey(D)) then buff" "Buff{ spell1 spell2 spell3 if(ToggleKey(F)) then BuffConsumables) end) end  
I mean it as the logic.. anything similar will be great.
Also, is there a way to change the key binding to from "D" to "B". WASD are normally keys players are custom to use for movement, as such I reassigned them for scrolling the screen which makes it difficult to use the script, since toggle AI need to be on off and than when on it will run buffing unless I pressed "D" and even number of times...

Sorry for the requests, but I believe this is also something that will help everyone using your scripts have an easier time, especially the consumable part.. I believe that is a main issue that can make or break using the script.. since Paladin chugging potions during buff, for a medium fight, is a big waste of resources, but you watn the paladin script and not BasicAI on it..

NOTE: I couldn't edit the former post of mine, so I had to post another.

The easy solution for consumable items is don't have consumable items in the quick slots that you don't want the scripts to use. When you are ready for the potion of heroism, fire resistance, or strength enhancing to be used, then throw it in. I personally load up my quickslots with wands (which my scripts don't use), healing potions, and potions that remove poison.

For the keybindings, I think "B" (for buffing) does align better than "D". That will be an easy enough change throughout my scripts to update going forward. That can definitely make it into my next update. I have tested, and my next update will allow players to customize their hot buttons/keybindings for pre-buffing and constantly turning undead by updating the enhanced-powergaming-scripts.ini file.

Edited by morpheus562

@morpheus562
I would like a user-bindable key to toggle AI scripts on PC units.
  I also like ? (shift-/) because it's like a command in some games, and it isn't yet part of my default allotment.

My current preferred key bindings for CRPGs:

EDSF or/and Arrow Keys: Move camera up/down/left/right.

B: Backpack/Inventory

C : Cast

U: Use Item

R: Rest/Camp

Y: Character Sheet

Q & W: Quick Save & Quick Load

For Infinity Engine games:
] & \: Divine & Arcane Spellbooks/Preps

O: Options

Thankee!

I would love for a way to allow the user to assign a hot-key to pre-buff or go into turn undead mode; however, I do not know if such a thing is possible within the EE games. Additionally, the topic of using "shift+key" was discussed earlier, and if memory serves, is not possible to do within the EE engine.
Guest Ofelshadow
11 hours ago, Endarire said:

@morpheus562
I would like a user-bindable key to toggle AI scripts on PC units.
  I also like ? (shift-/) because it's like a command in some games, and it isn't yet part of my default allotment.

My current preferred key bindings for CRPGs:

EDSF or/and Arrow Keys: Move camera up/down/left/right.

B: Backpack/Inventory

C : Cast

U: Use Item

R: Rest/Camp

Y: Character Sheet

Q & W: Quick Save & Quick Load

For Infinity Engine games:
] & \: Divine & Arcane Spellbooks/Preps

O: Options

Thankee!

Just to add information in case you are not aware, at least in BG:EE, you can assign keys using the menu options page.
Options=>Gameplay=>Assign Keys
THAT INCLUDES "Tuen Undead" "Inventory" "Cast" "Use Item" "Rest" "Char Sheet" and "Quick S&L"

Just now, Guest Ofelshadow said:

Just to add information in case you are not aware, at least in BG:EE, you can assign keys using the menu options page.
Options=>Gameplay=>Assign Keys
THAT INCLUDES "Tuen Undead" "Inventory" "Cast" "Use Item" "Rest" "Char Sheet" and "Quick S&L"

Sure, that works for the hard coding in the game, but that doesn't have any impact on keybindings within a script.

Guest Ofelshadow

My issue is that playing BG:EE, You find a container for potions only about mid-game, while you find tons of different kinds of potions already at the start.
Right now I am having trouble with Inventory Space management, so I am placing stack of non-healing potions on QS to clear space, but than I have to choose if my thief use script or not..
I understand it may be a lot of work to do such a thing, but is it possible? If so, could\may I use nearInfinity to edit your script to add that "if" condition to potion items in the pre-buffing sequence?

On 10/17/2021 at 12:37 PM, morpheus562 said:

The easy solution for consumable items is don't have consumable items in the quick slots that you don't want the scripts to use. When you are ready for the potion of heroism, fire resistance, or strength enhancing to be used, then throw it in. I personally load up my quickslots with wands (which my scripts don't use), healing potions, and potions that remove poison.

For the keybindings, I think "B" (for buffing) does align better than "D". That will be an easy enough change throughout my scripts to update going forward. That can definitely make it into my next update.

My issue is that playing BG:EE, You find a container for potions only about mid-game, while you find tons of different kinds of potions already at the start.
Right now I am having trouble with Inventory Space management, so I am placing stack of non-healing potions on QS to clear space, but than I have to choose if my thief use script or not..
I understand it may be a lot of work to do such a thing, but is it possible? If so, could\may I use nearInfinity to edit your script to add that "if" condition to potion items in the pre-buffing sequence?

NOTE: I just used Ofelshadow as a guest name. I registered to make this easier from now on, and to make things more organized(edits nd such) and you to have more Idea as to who I am from now on :)

@Endarire @Maderez I'm looking into options for both of your comments. Regarding hotkeys, I'm looking at using an ini file where players can set the hotkeys before installing my mod.

Regarding potions use, I'm looking at doing something similar to how SCS allows users to fine-tune difficulty in game through use of an ability/dialogue. I added setting options to the ini file that players can set before installation of the mod. This can include settings like: no potion use during pre-buffing and allow basic-ai to auto-attack enemies. Please let me know if there are any additional settings that people would like to see included.

Edited by morpheus562
2 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

@Endarire @Maderez I'm looking into options for both of your comments. Regarding hotkeys, I'm looking at using an ini file where players can set the hotkeys before installing my mod.

Regarding potions use, I'm looking at doing something similar to how SCS allows users to fine-tune difficulty in game through use of an ability/dialogue. This can include settings like: no potion use during pre-buffing and allow basic-ai to auto-attack enemies. Please let me know if there are any additional settings that people would like to see included.

Love this replay. That is wonderful. Good creative mind indeed. :) 

@morpheus562
I would like some sort of toggle/ini option to determine which OlvynSpells metamagic feats should be included in your scripts.  If players wanted to add Extend Spell (or Persistent Spell or Mass Spell or whatever) to shield as part of their script for themselves, they could.  They could also add metamagics to spells cast in combat, like Empower Spell to fireball.  This assumes they have spell slots of that spell level available and know the appropriate base spells.

I also updated this list of spells from other mods that seem appropriate to include in your scripts.

Thankee!

Some of OlvynSpells requires EEex.  I specifically noted my recommendations and whether they require EEex.

SCS edited the UI to include configurable controls for various arbitrary mod-added abilities.  What about adding a remappable hotkey there for your scripts?

Edited by Endarire

Olvyn seems to have issues with v2.6.6, so again, out of scope. For SCS hotkeys, it's a cool idea but I want my mod to be reliant on itself and not dependant on another one to work. I'm guessing (I haven't personally checked, just a hunch) SCS requires any mod using it's hotkeys to be installed before SCS which is contradictory to how my mod needs to be installed.