Enhanced Powergaming Scripts

Guest Zartan

Hi, I like how cleric/druids's buffing works. Both death ward and chaotic commands gets applied to everyone in order of distance from the caster. Unfortunately mages seems to only buff themselves? There is no usage mages protection spells like fire, cold, acid, lighting, spirit armor at all. Also protection from magic energy gets only applied to the mage. If you could make those spells work like death ward I would be happy to use this script AI.

The script is supposed to use items from inventory but it didn't switch and apply any items from inventory. I was forced to wear ring of duplication, girdle of fortitude, etc to make the script to apply them. Is this feature available for BG2:EE v2.5.16.6?

Also noticed that wild magic seems to be ignored and stealthed character's are ignored by death ward type buffes.

16 minutes ago, Guest Zartan said:

Hi, I like how cleric/druids's buffing works. Both death ward and chaotic commands gets applied to everyone in order of distance from the caster. Unfortunately mages seems to only buff themselves? There is no usage mages protection spells like fire, cold, acid, lighting, spirit armor at all. Also protection from magic energy gets only applied to the mage. If you could make those spells work like death ward I would be happy to use this script AI.

The script is supposed to use items from inventory but it didn't switch and apply any items from inventory. I was forced to wear ring of duplication, girdle of fortitude, etc to make the script to apply them. Is this feature available for BG2:EE v2.5.16.6?

Also noticed that wild magic seems to be ignored and stealthed character's are ignored by death ward type buffes.

Thank you for the feedback! The list of mage protections spells will be added to the v4.2 release along with casting Protection from Magic Energy on all party members. Those should all be easy enough to implement.

For inventory swapping, the only items that get swapped are the gargoyle boots with the paws of the cheetah and ilbratha with SNT (offhand monk only). There is no other item swapping within the scripts. The scripting has limited functionality and there is no way to track which items either the ring of duplication or girdle of fortitude replaces.

I don't play using wild magic, so I have not focused on using those specific spells. Additionally, I typically do not cast spells on stealthed/invisible characters because many times they do not work.

Guest Zartan

Thanks, can't wait for v4.2 to be released as I like to have my party elementally protected. This mod will be a great time saver. I did notice cleric's Protection from Lighting already works for full party.

Regarding the last two points. I just pointed them out in case they were oversights on your part and not intended behavior. You can can't cast single target spells on invisible characters by default. Wielding Staff of the Magi (invisible) will block single target - eg death ward - spells being cast by the script. The buffing ignored wild surges from a wild mage which is kinda cheaty, but I would like to clarify I'm not recommending you to add either functions as it would be hardly worth the effort.

SCS "Ease-of-use party AI" can use eg Girdle of Fortitude from backpack's inventory. Would be neat if this could do the same for some of the items you don't ever wear by default?

Two more items you could consider adding are Cloak of the Dark Moon ("ohrclck4") which can be used to cast Protection from Magical Energy for 4 hours (x3 casts) and maybe Shield of Fyrus Khal ("OHNSHLD1") which gives Spell Turning for 45 rounds. The latter one might block casting of some spells? Both items comes from Rasaad's quests.

Official release for version 4.2. This brings the following enhancements:

• All Games
    • Updated Improved Haste to also cast for Clerics and Druids
    • Updated Protection from Magic Energy to be cast on all party members
    • Added Spirit Armor, Cleric Protection from Fire, and Wizard Protection from Fire, Cold, and Acid to non-Spell Revisions scripts
    • Added Healing Touch into Spell Revisions scripts
    • Girdle of Fortitude will now cast when in the inventory of the player instead of requiring to be equipped
Guest Reese

Hey Mr Morpheus, thanks for your hard work on these scripts I really love them. I have a question on if you're going to add the shaman dance support? When I use mo-core the detect traps cancels out my dance and starts detecting right away. Is there a button I can hit to enable and disable the automatic detection of traps and illusions? Thanks for your help.

7 minutes ago, Guest Reese said:

Hey Mr Morpheus, thanks for your hard work on these scripts I really love them. I have a question on if you're going to add the shaman dance support? When I use mo-core the detect traps cancels out my dance and starts detecting right away. Is there a button I can hit to enable and disable the automatic detection of traps and illusions? Thanks for your help.

Thank you Reese! I'm actually not familiar with the Shaman class since I have never used it before. Let me dig into it and see if it makes sense to include Shaman's as part of the mo-core scripts or if it is distinct enough to require having it's own script. Are there special behaviors you want to specifically see from Shaman's outside of having detect illusions not interrupt dancing? I will add this to the "to-do" list for patch v4.3.

I updated the mo-core script to have Shamans start dancing when an enemy is seen. Shaman's will use detect illusions when out of combat. If the user chooses to dance out of combat, detect illusions will not stop the dance party.

Anyone have any other suggestions for Shamans or another class that I can add in the v4.3 release? I am looking to include the following items in the next release: Cloak of the Dark Moon and Shield of Fyrus Khal.

Edited by morpheus562
Guest Reese

I love you man, that was so fast I'm shocked thanks so much. To go off on a tangent I've wanted to play this game for years and years but I always get stuck up on character creation. I can never decide what to roll, and then I keep adding mods and then say 'ah fuck it I'll pay vanilla'. So I keep reinstalling it, rolling chars playing to friendly arm and stop. The point of this is that I'm now going to try to my damndest to play through this whole game and let you know what I think can be improved. One thing if its easy enough, is to add the buffs from Artisan's Kitpack's warhorn shaman into the pre buff thingy, but I haven't gotten far enough to see the others. Let me stress to you though brother, I really appreciate it. Do you have a link I can send a couple bucks to buy you a coffee or drink?

The artisan kitpack is on my radar and I'm thinking of using it, at least the Arcane Archer kit. Will definitely look at adding compatibility to my scripts.

I'm currently working on releasing a mod that will add over 100 new items into the game, so that has been taking up a good majority of my free time. It will be a mix of iwdee items, and items I converted from NWN2. There's a lot more components to it for optional changes, but excited to have it moving along.

Please, no money. Not why I do this, but it is appreciated. If you like the mod, recommendation to others and word of mouth goes a long way.

Edited by morpheus562

Hey @morpheus562,

Thank you for making this. Finally I don't have to micromanage my pre-buffing every time there's a tough fight ahead! A real time-saver :)

Just a couple things I noticed: My Cleric/Ranger never seems to cast "Chant" when I hit "D" even though it is memorized. Same goes with Neera and "Ghost Armor".

Good day @Andrea C.,

What is Neera's AC both before and after buffing occurs? What mods do you have installed? Also, do you know what spell protections Neera has active?

For Chant, I don't have that included since I personally do not view it as a buff since it reduces player damage. I will add it in with the next update since there are enough questions regarding it.

Hey,

here's my WeiDU log:

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~DLCMERGER/DLCMERGER.TP2~ #0 #1 // Merge DLC into game -> Merge "Siege of Dragonspear" DLC: 1.3
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Minor Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #32 // Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #33 // Mal-Kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost: v16.4
~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #34 // Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: v16.4
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Fix Boo's Squeak: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #180 // Unique Containers -> Fixes only: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2010 // Separate Resist Fire/Cold Icon into Separate Icons (Angel): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Multi-Player Kick-out Dialogues: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1075 // Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn (DavidW/Zed Nocear): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2150 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> P&P Restrictions: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP Table: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2450 // Enforce PnP Proficiency Rules on Dual-Classed Characters: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2500 // Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3093 // Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking -> Stacks of 120: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3103 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 120: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3113 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 120: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not complain about reputation) -> NPCs Can Be Angry About Reputation but Never Leave (Salk): v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3320 // No Depreciation in Stores: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3330 // Make party members less likely to die irreversibly: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4025 // Allow NPC pairs to separate: v9
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4170 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v9
~C#SODTWEAKS/SETUP-C#SODTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Do Not Miss NPC-PC Dialogues -> For NPCs in Party Only: v5
~C#SODTWEAKS/SETUP-C#SODTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #5 // More Dialogue Choices & Prevent Dead Ends: v5
~C#SODTWEAKS/SETUP-C#SODTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restore scripted Abduction Scene Fight: v5
~C#SODTWEAKS/SETUP-C#SODTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #12 // SoD Ending: jastey's Tweaks -> Revised Full Version: v5
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #3580 // Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Faster Bears: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // More realistic wolves and wild dogs: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4115 // Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4145 // Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections -> Remove the tutorial NPCs from Candlekeep: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6000 // Smarter general AI: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6030 // Smarter Mages: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6040 // Smarter Priests: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6100 // Potions for NPCs: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6300 // Smarter sirines and dryads: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6310 // Slightly smarter carrion crawlers: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6320 // Smarter basilisks: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7000 // Improved doppelgangers: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7010 // Tougher Black Talons and Iron Throne guards: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7030 // Improved kobolds: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7050 // Improved Ulcaster: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7060 // Improved Balduran's Isle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7070 // Improved Durlag's Tower: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7080 // Improved Demon Cultists: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7090 // Improved Cloakwood Druids: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7100 // Improved Bassilus: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7110 // Improved Drasus party: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7130 // Improved Red Wizards: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7140 // Improved Undercity assassins: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7200 // Tougher chapter-two end battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7210 // Tougher chapter-three end battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7220 // Tougher chapter-four end battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7230 // Tougher chapter-five end battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7250 // Improved final battle: 33.7
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #7900 // Improved minor encounters: 33.7
~ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS/ENHANCED-POWERGAMING-SCRIPTS.TP2~ #0 #14 // Install Enhanced Powergaming Scripts -> Normal Pre-Buffing Speed: v4.3
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SoD GUI Overhaul Core Component: 21.07.0
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #2 // Add Transparent Tooltip Background: 21.07.0
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #3 // Update several strings in Dialog.tlk: 21.07.0
~DRAGONSPEAR_UI++/DRAGONSPEAR_UI++.TP2~ #0 #10 // Update portrait Picker: 21.07.0
~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install all Hidden Gameplay Options at once: 3.0
~BGEECLASSICMOVIES/BGEECLASSICMOVIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Restore BG1 movies to BG:EE -> Replace all movies: v2.3.1
~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Modify Enhanced Edition NPCs -> Decide for each NPC individually: v4.3
~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #201 // Modify individually: Baeloth -> Make Baeloth passive: v4.3
~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #204 // Modify individually: Neera -> Make Neera passive: v4.3
~A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS/A7-CONVENIENTEENPCS.TP2~ #0 #205 // Modify individually: Rasaad -> Make Rasaad passive: v4.3
~MISCELLANEOUS/MISCELLANEOUS.TP2~ #0 #300 // Use original portraits for EE NPCs: RC4
~MISCELLANEOUS/MISCELLANEOUS.TP2~ #0 #1700 // SoD soundset for BG:EE -> Mixed SoD/BG:EE soundset: RC4
~MISCELLANEOUS/MISCELLANEOUS.TP2~ #0 #600 // BG-style archery for SoA/ToB: RC4
~MISCELLANEOUS/MISCELLANEOUS.TP2~ #0 #1500 // Revenant Animation Fix: RC4
~NOSTALGIAPACK/NOSTALGIAPACK.TP2~ #0 #20 // Restore BG1 Character Sprites -> Everything but saved games: RC3
~NOSTALGIAPACK/NOSTALGIAPACK.TP2~ #0 #30 // Restore BG1 Inventory Paperdolls (by Erephine): RC3
~NOSTALGIAPACK/NOSTALGIAPACK.TP2~ #0 #50 // Restore BG1 Item Icons and Appearance: RC3
~NOSTALGIAPACK/NOSTALGIAPACK.TP2~ #0 #60 // Restore BG1 Flaming Fist appearance: RC3
~NOSTALGIAPACK/NOSTALGIAPACK.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore BG1 Amnian Guard appearance: RC3
~NOSTALGIAPACK/NOSTALGIAPACK.TP2~ #0 #70 // Restore BG1 Dimension Door Effect: RC3
~NOSTALGIAPACK/NOSTALGIAPACK.TP2~ #0 #90 // Undo EE changes: RC3
~MISCELLANEOUS/MISCELLANEOUS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Random Stuff No-one Wants: RC4
~MISCELLANEOUS/MISCELLANEOUS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Miscellaneous Tweaks: RC4
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #100 // Restore BG1 Spellcasting Voices: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Restore BG1 Spellcasting Sounds: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Restore BG1 Weapon Sounds: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Restore BG1 Armor Sounds: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #140 // Restore BG1 GUI Sounds: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Restore Chunked Death Sound: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #180 // Tweak Sound Channel Volume Levels: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Mute Tooltip Paper Sound: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Restore BG1 Ambient Sounds: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #230 // Restore & Tweak Creature Soundsets: v2.0b5
~INFINITYSOUNDS/INFINITYSOUNDS.TP2~ #0 #240 // More Creature Existance Sounds: v2.0b5

Before casting Ghost Armor, Neera's AC is 1. After casting it, it is -2.

I'll need to check what others spell protections she's got going on, but I don't believe she's got any other spells memorized that would lower her AC.

Re: Chant

Are you sure it reduces the damage dealt by the party? The way I read it, it reduces incoming damage instead.