Framed: Alternate Chapter 6 for BGEE and EET

Arkanis: well I avoid the two usually in the catacombs (seems that not many people do this  *winks to Miss J*).

I'll check about the gatewarden. There is someone in the room, but he was far away (and looked normal). Maybe the gatewarden has a random walk script?

btw: the dialogue with Tethoril can be repeated... so I can give it another try. 

Gatewarden was not there, spawned him: 

https://youtu.be/4_X7G-TGuYs

UB(?) removes the GateWarden and places a Watcher instead:

IF
    OnCreation()
    Global("Chapter","GLOBAL",5)
    Global("#L_FCleared","MYAREA",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("#L_FCleared","MYAREA",1)
        ActionOverride("GATEWA2",ChangeAIScript("",CLASS))
END

IF
    Global("UBNoWardenLvl6","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        Deactivate("GATEWA2")  // Gatewarden
        CreateCreature("watch9",[851.691],S)  // Watcher
        SetGlobal("UBNoWardenLvl6","GLOBAL",1)
END

*I know I have seen him when entering the area for a short moment*

@Lauriel as a solution: maybe you spawn "your own" gatewarden so you don't depend on an existing one? And eliminate the existing one if UB is not installed?

Edited by maus
59 minutes ago, maus said:

maybe you spawn "your own" gatewarden so you don't depend on an existing one? And eliminate the existing one if UB is not installed?

Or check for ub's, and spawn him if he's not there. 🤷‍♀️

7 hours ago, maus said:

*winks to Miss J*

The one time I assume something is a given. How can someone play the catacombs and miss Arkanis?! 😄

5 hours ago, jastey said:
6 hours ago, maus said:

maybe you spawn "your own" gatewarden so you don't depend on an existing one? And eliminate the existing one if UB is not installed?

Or check for ub's, and spawn him if he's not there.

Or I could just SetGlobal("UBNoWardenLvl6","GLOBAL",1) ;)

22 hours ago, maus said:

Feldane (in front of the library) has still his/her original dialogue lines about the two groups in the library. But the two groups are now gone. Lots of other dialogues have been adjusted, but not this one ;)

This is another gift from Unfinished Business.  Unfortunately, a recent modification to the code that puts him into play, made it so that simply setting a global won't work.  He is now an actual actor in the area file.  And since I cannot guarantee which version the user will be using, I need to handle both circumstances.  It's ... unfortunate.

A new version has been released that fixes the problems when Unfinished Business is installed and places the dialogue and giving of the work order at the end of Scar's dialogue at the bridge.  You can still obtain the work order from the Friendly Arm Inn if you go there first.

Guest Candlekeep

How do you "finish" the quest? I did the catacombs and went back to report to Tethtoril, he tells me they're going to reseal the catacombs but there's no reward and the quest log doesn't update...

EDIT: I discovered the cause - the Gatewarden is not present on the top floor, only a normal watcher, so the end-of-quest dialogue breaks when it tries to get him to say something.

I had this same problem with the latest version of the mod -- I had to summon the Gatewarden in from the console.

Another problem I encountered -- sometimes speaking to the mage during the encounter in the third level of the catacombs (the cave level), put a log entry entry from something resembling the original Candlekeep quest - I don't remember what it's called, maybe "Return to Candlekeep" or something similar that can't be closed out.

3 hours ago, Guest Candlekeep said:

I had this same problem with the latest version of the mod

Shouldn't happen with the latest version.  What version do you have?

3 hours ago, Guest Candlekeep said:

Another problem I encountered -- sometimes speaking to the mage during the encounter in the third level of the catacombs (the cave level), put a log entry entry from something resembling the original Candlekeep quest - I don't remember what it's called, maybe "Return to Candlekeep" or something similar that can't be closed out.

I checked his dialogue.  It can only happen if you charm him.  I'll make a note of that.

EDIT: ... unless some helpful mod adds dialogue to him

Edited by Lauriel
1 hour ago, Lauriel said:

Shouldn't happen with the latest version.  What version do you have?

I checked his dialogue.  It can only happen if you charm him.  I'll make a note of that.

EDIT: ... unless some helpful mod adds dialogue to him

I was the original poster but wasn't logged in --

- I might not have had the latest version -- I'm going to re-do Candlekeep and I'll post back.

- I didn't use Charm but was a hidden thief when I initiated the dialog with the mage.

Edited by Axatax