Patch 2.6 out for BG:EE/BG2:EE/SoA/IWD

Or, forget about the 2.6 patch and just play the 2.5 patch with a well-tested version of mods.  Installing a brand-new and untested patch, and then waiting to install a bunch of brand-new and untested versions of mods on it, is just asking for trouble.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Installing a brand-new and untested patch, and then waiting to install a bunch of brand-new and untested versions of mods on it, is just asking for trouble.

... Trouble someone has to go through to make this a better world, I'm afraid.

Glancing at the patch notes (such as they are), there’s not actually any improvement in 2.6 that ever bothered me. I suppose pathfinding, but that’s really it. All the improvements that I was looking forward to apparently got lost and were not backed up (*I shit you not), and have been pushed to the 2.7 patch. Whenever and if ever that happens. 

So, I’m not upgrading anytime soon. 

Does anyone know whether content changes were made to SoD? I mean like fixing content bugs, corrections to dialogues, this kind of thing - SoD only fixes.

EDIT: I'm asking to know about changes with regard to my mods, not because I think SoD is especially buggy, and because the official patch announcement does not contain info on SoD afaik.

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Does anyone know whether content changes were made to SoD? I mean like fixing content bugs, corrections to dialogues, this kind of thing - SoD only fixes.

EDIT: I'm asking to know about changes with regard to my mods, not because I think SoD is especially buggy, and because the official patch announcement does not contain info on SoD afaik.

I couldn't find any changelogs for SoD either, so I did one myself (but only for the more relevant resource types).

I ran a quick mass compare for SoD-specific scripts, dialogs and creatures between patch v2.5.17 and v2.6. From what I can see there were no changes made to dialog structures, only one creature change (BDFARRL.CRE) and a number of script changes. Most of them belong to combat scripts. But there were also changes made to a couple of area scripts, trigger scripts and character scripts. I have attached a patch file with the script changes.

I have also checked the dialog.tlk for text changes and attached a diff file for that as well.

Edit: I have cleaned up the script diffs by removing the auto-comments.

sod_tlk_diffs.zip

sod_script_diffs.zip

Edited by argent77
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.