SCS 33.7 Scripted installation

Hi. I was watching Mr. "Davaeorn's" stream last night and was inspired to start a new character again and I've been sick so can't go to work etc. I forgot how ridiculous the SCS installation is...

So I read some basics on Batch scripting and made a "working" (barely, no error checking) automated SCS installation script for Windows BG:EE steam version. Probably works with GOG as well but I don't know. If there are anyone interested in this script, I will be uploading some links and instructions later. If not, then I'll just use them myself.

Basically it just executes the 'setup-stratagems' multiple times to input "Y, N, Y, 2....N" for whatever package you want or don't want installed. I listed the package installation order in a separate file as is per the latest version v33.7

EDITED:

It's very very elementary but works. I just installed npc project on top of it and BG1 runs properly. I  won't recommend using this for anything other than a FRESH INSTALL.

You can download the .zip file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RrASu6TxxpCSqWMOFJB_UUS_0Wse5Vli/view?usp=sharing

I don't have non-work github account so I won't bother right now.  You can search and spam me on youtube if you think it's a virus or whatever.

Instructions:

1. Install a fresh copy of BG1:EE on a steam library (Preferably not on 'Program Files'). Removing any previous files in this location is suggested.

2. Download stratagems-33.7.exe from https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/scs/ and move the .exe file to BG1:EE folder

3. Copy-paste the whole "...\steamapps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition" folder to create a quick backup (no re-download required)

4. Run stratagems-33.7.exe on the main folder. After installed, close the pop-up command prompt "setup-stratagems.exe" asking for language. The weidu.conf file will take care of that.

5. Copy the contents of "SCS_scripted_installation_BG1EE" into your main BG1:EE folder.

6. Run either "install_SCS_test_script" for testing the script works or "install_SCS_full_script" to just straight install the orignal customization for this version (listed below). 

7. Choose what your desired components by changing the answer prompt inside for example line 7 in ".\groan_scriptfiles\SCS_instl_script_p1_IWD_SPELLS.txt" if you don't want Icewind Dale priest spells installed. The choices are listed in "SCS_instl_script_p1_choices.txt" and are given in proper row number. Open with PROPER text editor, not notepad.

COMPONENTS INSTALLED BY DEFAULT:

IDW SPELLS (part 1):
[Include arcane spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition] INSTALLED
[Include divine spells from Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition] INSTALLED

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS (part 2):
[Replace +1 arrows and other projectiles with nonmagical "fine" ones] NOT INSTALLED
[Replace many +1 magic weapons with nonmagical "fine" ones] NOT INSTALLED
[Reduce the number of Arrows of Dispelling in stores] INSTALLED as 2=Stores Sell a maximum of 5 Arrows of Dispelling
[Wider selection of random scrolls] INSTALLED
[Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic] INSTALLED as 1=Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level)
[Increase the power of Cure Wounds and Cause Wounds spells to the level found in 3rd Edition D&D] INSTALLED AS 1=Spells heal or inflict a random amount of damage (1d8 per level of the spell, plus 1 point per caster level, to a maximum of 5 points per spell level)
[Restoration and Lesser Restoration spells heal ability-score damage] INSTALLED
[Faster Bears] INSTALLED
[More realistic wolves and wild dogs] INSTALLED
[Improved shapeshifting] INSTALLED
[Decrease the rate at which reputation improves] INSTALLED as 2=1/2 speed increase
[Improved NPC customisation and management] NOT INSTALLED
[Thieves assign skill points in multiples of five] NOT INSTALLED
[Skip the Candlekeep tutorial sections] NOT INSTALLED
Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities] INSTALLED
[Ease-of-use party AI] INSTALLED
Improved textscreens in Tales of the Sword Coast] INSTALLED

AI ENHANCEMENTS (part 3):
Everything installed

TACTICAL CHALLENGES (part 4):
Everything installed

Edited by GroanHammer

@GroanHammer My advice is that you should look at the weidu commandline options since they will provide you supported way of installing selected mod components. If you are on windows, you should definitely try PowerShell + Windows Terminal combo. You might also take look at my mod manager along with the advice that you can copy, modiffy and paste any so-called "install sequence" in order to install as many mods as possible.

57 minutes ago, AL|EN said:

@GroanHammer My advice is that you should look at the weidu commandline options since they will provide you supported way of installing selected mod components. If you are on windows, you should definitely try PowerShell + Windows Terminal combo. You might also take look at my mod manager along with the advice that you can copy, modiffy and paste any so-called "install sequence" in order to install as many mods as possible.

Thanks! I'll check this out. I was just bored and didn't know this existed. I don't really hang around any forums so a lot of information pass me by. But I uploaded the instructions for the script anyway as it works for me perfectly. I installed NPC Project on top of that and works quite fine. For BG2 I remember that "Ascension" must be installed before SCS but I think the order of installation is irrelevant for BG1.