Hotfix for Beamdog v2.6.5

Good day everyone,

Beamdog's latest patch had a number of changes, and some impacted EET so it would not install properly. Attached is a hotfix to get it working. I need to do more testing on my end, but this should get you past the main screen, allow you to now select the campaign, and actually start the game. To install, place all files from the attachment below in your EET/lib folder and have them replace the existing files before running setup-EET. Once this is done, you can go ahead and install as usual.

Update 1: Updated based on the advice from @Jarno Mikkola. This now allows for Dorn to join the party in BG2EE with the same stats from BGEE. Thank you!

Update 2: Will now properly show the Bandit Camp in the world map in BG1EE as well as allow travel there. Issue and fix were both identified by @argent77 and have been incorporated into the existing hotfix items.

Update 3: This hotfix is for v2.6.5 of the game. I have not tested v2.6.6 that Beamdog recently released, so it is possible new issues arose and the hotfix no longer works.

Update 4: EET has been updated to be compatible with v2.6.6 of the game and this hotfix is no longer needed. 

Edited by morpheus562
51 minutes ago, jastey said:

@morpheus562 would it be much asked if you'd elaborate on the problem? I would very much like that we collect knowledge about changes in the 2.6 instead of every modder finding them out separately..

No problem at all! UI.menu was altered in many areas for bg1 and bg2. This caused various UI components to not load correctly. From what I saw with a clean install, EET took me into the BG2 menu option but would be in an infinite type loop where I had no ability to select the campaign to play or even start a game. This cleans it all up and allows you to choose which campaign you want and to actually start the game when installing EET

Edited to add: as far as specific changes within UI.menu, it was many small things. Numerical values for where menus were placed were altered by minute amounts. Some other areas were added (i.e. bg1 UI.menu added a few lines around dlc content). I used the application "beyond compare" to check what values were different within the base game from what specifically EET was checking against. Without that, you'll need crazy attention to detail to see what was going on.

Edited by morpheus562

Just tested morpheus562 patch (thanks! btw) on a clean bg install, with ub and bg1 npc music installed in bg1. EET installed and was able to start a new game in Candlekeep. The debug file did register one warning (in opposition to earlier installs that were warning free):

WARNING: could not find REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK matching .../AR0900-rbOld.baf in AR0900.BCS

The offending code is in bg2_BCS.tph and relates to ar0900 and the Dorn spawn.

Edited by grodrigues
Typo in name; reference to offending code.

Yea, I saw that error too. Yet another issue with v2.6 that I frankly haven't had an opportunity to look into it beyond the cursory information that it impacts Dorn being recruited in BG2EE. I'm sure I'll look into it more in the near future, but priority was getting EET fixed so the game could be playable.

Edited by morpheus562

You could open the

/AR0900-rbOld.baf

-file with Notepad and the in game file with Near Infinity and make the supposed edit match. And upload the result.

I don't have updated game files... something to do with not having your own gaming PC in work or something, excuses I assure you... so I can't do this.