Problem after udpate

I saw something on one of the Facebook groups saying that the latest update had broken parts of EET.  Well I don't know much about that, but I am having a strange problem after the update.  I used the Consistent NPC portraits for Minsc and Viconia.  I had selected BG portrait for Minsc and SoD for Viconia.  Minsc still works fine, but Viconia now just shows the placeholder image.  I've tried running the setup again for her and gone through reinstalling it, changing it to just SoA and Uninstalling it.  Nothing makes a difference.  Since, at least so far, this is the only problem I've seen, I figured I'd just use the override folder and load the portrait, but that doesn't seem to work either.  Tried just changing it with EEKeeper to anything else, and still nothing.  Any suggestions?

I did find one work around.  I tried using the override folder and replacing all of Viconia's portraits with the SoD one, that didn't work.  So I replaced all the 'No Portrait' ones with hers.  It works for the portrait on the right side of the screen, but not for the one on the character sheet, but I can live with that.

Edited by blatantninja
13 minutes ago, blatantninja said:

but Viconia now just shows the placeholder image.  I've tried running the setup again for her and gone through reinstalling it, changing it to just SoA and Uninstalling it.  Nothing makes a difference. 

Anytime you install a mod, for the change to make a difference, you need to start a new campaign. Had you known this, it would have told you that this would be at best a bad idea... so if you have the chance, NEVER update, if you don't, know you need to start a new campaign. Options, other than ? None.

PS, the textual content of the game will probably be bad at best with the moded content, as the update will probably overwrite the dialog.tlk whcih is the file the game uses to turn the infile numbers to actual texts, and as the mod installer edits that file, the moded texts will be the ones that will be overwritten first...

12 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Anytime you install a mod, for the change to make a difference, you need to start a new campaign. Had you known this, it would have told you that this would be at best a bad idea... so if you have the chance, NEVER update, if you don't, know you need to start a new campaign. Options, other than ? None.

PS, the textual content of the game will probably be bad at best with the moded content, as the update will probably overwrite the dialog.tlk whcih is the file the game uses to turn the infile numbers to actual texts, and as the mod installer edits that file, the moded texts will be the ones that will be overwritten first...

Quick question as I'm obviously a bit rusty on all this.  I have my save games.  If I were to reinstall the older version of the game and then re-install the same mods, theoretically I'd be ok to use my save game?  Thanks.

edit:  well, looks like I got lucky, was able to restore the install folder from File History to pre-update.  Definitely turning off auto update on GOG Galaxy!

Edited by blatantninja
39 minutes ago, blatantninja said:

Quick question as I'm obviously a bit rusty on all this.  I have my save games.  If I were to reinstall the older version of the game and then re-install the same mods, theoretically I'd be ok to use my save game?

Well, a little late to respond, but:

As long as you won't intend to use the after update saved games, then yes.

3 hours ago, blatantninja said:

I have my save games.  If I were to reinstall the older version of the game and then re-install the same mods, theoretically I'd be ok to use my save game?

About 99%. There is no 100% guaranty it will work (this is the IE engine we are talking about!). But I would expect name quirks to be the most likely problem, if at all.