SRv4 and the 2.6 patch

Preface: I only have BGEE with the 2.6 patch, not SoD or IWDEE or BG2EE. If anyone has those games and/or sees any other issues, feel free to add to this thread.

When installing SR 4b18 into BGEE 2.6, it fails because "ribald3.sto is not found."

In the section "Add New Spell Scrolls" at line 3401 of main_component.tpa, the two COPY_EXISTING commands (for ribald3.sto and 25spell.sto) should probably have an IF_EXISTS condition appended.

Bummer that 2.6 didn't work with SR4b18.  I am itching to try 2.6, but was concerned that SCS and SR would probably need some tweaking/fixing for 2.6 compatibility.  I must admit that it would be difficult to play an unmodded EE game after being hooked on SCS and SR.  How can I go back to that?  I'm going to take the plunge soon and try SCS and SR  with 2.6, after I finish this current run.  Seems like most of the stuff should work fine, but the new 2.6 spell animations. 2da edits  and various odds and ends may not work.  We'll see how it goes.

I know this thread is old, but the topic is important enough.  I did some testing and installed fresh/vanilla (no mods) 2.6.6.0 versions of BG1EE & BG2EE (GoG Version).  I successfully installed Version V4 Beta 18 (8-7-20) of SR & didn't encounter any of errors upon installation.  Maybe an entirely separate mod messed up your installation of SR??  I'm not sure... sorry.  I just wanted to report that I could install V4 Beta 18 of SR on latest versions of BG1EE & BG2EE

9 hours ago, ImoensPinkHair said:

installed fresh/vanilla (no mods) 2.6.6.0 versions of BG1EE & BG2EE (GoG Version).  I successfully installed Version V4 Beta 18 (8-7-20) of SR & didn't encounter any of errors upon installation.  Maybe an entirely separate mod messed up your installation of SR?

BG2EE has ribald.sto (Ribald is in BG2) so there is no error. When 4b18 looked for that store in BGEE, it couldn’t find it (because Ribald is not in BG1). That’s the source of the error. 

So it’s no problem on BG2EE or EET. And I’m pretty sure this is already fixed in the pre-release version of beta 19.