Is it safe to reinstall mods after update and will they work?

Hi,

I recently returned to BG after around a year to play again and there seemed to have been a new update to Baldur's Gate. Steam in its infinte wisdom decided to update the game without my knowing and as soon as I started the game, I was greeted with a black screen but with very faint writing displayed (I was running EET). I managed to load a old file to take a look and all the mods I had installed previously were no longer displaying correctly. The new classes were not being shown, there were countless Invalid String Ref showing up. I am currently planning to play through the game again with mods, however my question is, Is it safe to install the mods I used before like SCS/EET Npc mods etc without it affecting the game or would I have to wait until the authors of said mods update them so that they will function correctly?

Just now, Vreejack said:

You should not be modding your Steam folder. Copy the two EE games to a separate location and then build a new EET folder from those sources.

To be honest, that's how I have always been modding my games even with my last playthrough. As an update, I have installed a bunch of mods to my game and it seems like the menu is still broken and some of the mods including SCS are not installing. I have tried different versions of it and I seem to get the same error each time. The new class mods I installed also are not functioning correctly either. I tried to use Near Infinity to see if some of the new item mods which I installed were actually placed into the game, but for some reason the Dialog file cannot be located.

7 hours ago, Moonboy187 said:

Is it safe to install the mods I used before like SCS/EET Npc mods etc without it affecting the game or would I have to wait until the authors of said mods update them so that they will function correctly?

2.6 patch came with changes so (a lot of) mods will need updates to work properly with the new game version. Also have a look, there is first patches etc. being posted in the mods' forums. This includes EET, btw.