Having a strange bug when I do dmg

heh it is even worse than that it seems, if I try to use a diff type of weapon dmg like a bow instead of a dagger it says something different like "If you wish to address me dwarf"  lol it is all kinds of messed up, good thing is my bg2 dmg strings seem normal so it is something specific to a bg1 install.

There is the rare cases where - after a game was updated and a fomerly modded game was erased of its mods - that running the modmerge tool/DLC Merger pretended to have modmerged the game, whereas in reality it wasn't. See here @argent77's suggestions for steps to really reset your (GOG/Steam) SoD game so it can be successfully modmerged + modded.

@Jarno Mikkola is referring to the DLC Merger, which is preferable to the modmerge tool as it is handled like a normal mod (i.e. can be seen on the weidu.log, can be deinstalled).

let me make sure we are speaking of the same thing the file is modmerge.exe yeah? I am unsure why it would not be in the weidu log, but it is the first thing I did. The chitin.key and the sod-dlc.key files are even backed up. In fact I made this mistake in my previous install the second mod on my list would not even install without it.

@ss4elby see my above post. modmerge.exe is not trated as a mod so it won't show in the weidu.log. In case you did not delete and complete set up your game anew after the patch it is possible there are remnants that prevent modmerge/DLC Merger to work properly. (At least I'd assume that's how it works for GOG games, as well.)

Ok while I reinstalled everything, someone from the beamdog forums said something that I read just before I installed the last mod (one I had forgotten about) it was a override directory only modification that directly changed this thing called dmgtypes.2da and some extra files to try to make them look like the iwd effects. So trying it with and without this mod showed that it was indeed the culprit. Thank you all for your time and for letting me know of the better mod merge!