I vs. II

No, those are not Roman numerals. It's the types of OR. What is the difference between them? Does the difference make a difference in a tp2? (race = 3 | race = 7) vs. (race = 3 || race = 7)?

|| is a logical operator and the better representation of how we use the word "or" in everyday language.

| is a bitwise operator that determines a result by evaluating two bit strings bit-by-bit.  For more information, see here.

Here are some examples to compare the behaviour.

0 || 0 is 0
0 | 0 is 0

1 || 0 is 1
1 | 0 is 1

2 || 0 is 1
2 | 0 is 2

5 || 12 is 1
5 | 12 is 13

The logical operator || will only ever return 0 or 1, while the bitwise operator | can return other numbers.

WeiDU treats the condition on an IF statement as true when it evaluates to any number other than 0, so PATCH_IF (x || y) would evaluate exactly same as PATCH_IF (x | y).  However, I would encourage using || for clarity if you are intending a logical comparison.  || is a synonym for OR, so you could also use OR.

Similarly, I'd suggest using the logical operator && (also known as AND) over the bitwise operator & within conditions.

Here are some examples to compare those two:

0 && 0 is 0
0 & 0 is 0

1 && 0 is 0
1 & 0 is 0

1 && 1 is 1
1 & 1 is 1

2 && 0 is 0
2 & 0 is 0

2 && 1 is 1
2 & 1 is 0

2 && 2 is 1
2 & 2 is 2

5 && 12 is 1
5 & 12 is 4

The behaviour of the bitwise operator & does not always match our usage of the word "and" in everyday language, demonstrated by 2 & 1 equalling 0.

The bitwise operators are best reserved for dealing with values that are stored bitwise, like usability flags within .itm files.