Improved NPC Customization and Cernd

Playing with the NPC Customization component for the first time , and encountered a problem with Cernd: when I leveled him up, he didn't immediately level up again; he just stayed at level 1. I had to kick him out of the party after every level; when he rejoined, he would level up, but just the one level....I would then have to kick him out, go through the joining dialogue, and add him to the party again to get to the next level. And he maxed out at level 7, not at the level 12 or 13 he should have, based on the current party average. I initially rejected him and told him I would meet him at the grove; I don't see why that would make a difference, but I thought I should include anything that might be relevant to his joining the group.

No real problems with any other NPCs so far (the only ones I haven't yet recruited are Keldorn and Valygar), though it is a little annoying that Haer Daleis can only put one pip now in short swords instead of his unique two pips in the standard game.

Update: Same thing happened with Imoen in Spellhold, although you can't kick her out without her going straight to the Copper Coronet, so I had to use the CLUA Console to raise her to he proper level.

Additional Update: It makes no difference if you pick up Cernd right out of the jail cell: he still only levels up once.

Edited by Gregor

Still having this issue with Cernd: turning on AI worked once, but has not worked since past level 2: I can get him to level one when he joins, but he goes no higher, unless I turn on AI, and then he will advance to level 2, but no further. I have to use the console to bump him up to an appropriate level. He is the only one of the original Bio-Ware NPCs that currently has this problem (I haven't tried with the EE NPCs, or any mod NPCs).

Also, I've noticed a weird thing with dual-classed NPCs (specifically Nalia and Anomen): if I kick them out of the party, they loose experience points, although their level remains the same. For example, I kicked Anomen out at level 16, when he had 1,972,823 XP. When I picked him up again, he was still level 16, but his XP had dropped to 250,000.

Weidu log attached.

WeiDU.log

I can't reproduce this, sorry: Cernd levels fine on my install, with or without AI on. I assume this must be some interaction with another mod. 

My best guess is the following (sorry, this will get technical). That SCS component relies on two 'scripting states' that are temporarily set in the levelling process. There aren't that many scripting states in the game, and so there are conventions as to which are used, mostly set by the 'detectable spells' function. The levelling component is actually bending that convention: it reuses scripting states normally used to track the Improved Alacrity and Spell Trap spells. In normal circumstances it's pretty unlikely a character just brought into your party - which is when the leveller component is applied - has either of those spells running. But you might have another mod that has made its own unusual uses of scripting states.

If anyone else sees this issue, do let me know.

EDIT: scratch that, I think I've managed to reproduce (something like) this. (It may turn on just when you turn AI on or off.) Will investigate.