Siege of Dragonspear possible issue

Playing on Hardcore difficulty with SCS v33.6 I encountered a possible bug.  During the fight with the Green Dragon during Siege of Dragonspear, both the large adult green dragon and the young green dragon used their breath weapons.  Both breath weapons appeared to be the same strength (doing 90+ damage), which I believe is not as they should be in 2nd edition (A young green dragon's breath weapon should cap out at 6d6+3).  The Adult Green dragon breath weapon also seems to be higher than the PnP values (adult should be 12d6+6).  There may be some other reasons why the breath weapons are so high, though having the young green dragon with a breath weapon as powerful as the adult one seems a bit unbalanced.

I encountered the same issue and I think problem is green dragons use the same breath script used by the green dragon in the ToB (Fll'Yissetat?) so they deal damage as if they were great wyrms. We need a totaly different breath scripts for young and adult green dragons in Siege of Dragonspear. It is probably a case of zealous overwriting.  

1 hour ago, Chosen said:

I encountered the same issue and I think problem is green dragons use the same breath script used by the green dragon in the ToB (Fll'Yissetat?) so they deal damage as if they were great wyrms. We need a totaly different breath scripts for young and adult green dragons in Siege of Dragonspear. It is probably a case of zealous overwriting.  

The default Green Dragon Breath in SoD deals only 6d6 (save/half) at level 1 and 10d6(save/half) starting at level 14, which allows the two dragons to deal different damage amounts.

The default GDB in BG2 deals 24d6 (save/half).  It's the same resource, so it's possible something is overwriting it incorrectly.

Guest SBlack

I think I just encountered this as well. Is there some way to fix this? If this is the case of a wrong override would it be possible to just remove a file from the override directory? There are no dragons in base BG1 so that wouldn't change anything.

Guest SBlack

I think I just encountered this as well. If this is a wrong override would it be possible to just remove a file in the override directory maybe? There are no dragons in base BG1 so that wouldn't affect anything there

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.