Jump to content

SR patches


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have pushed to GitHub a mod patching SR. Currently, there is no public release, so just click the Code button and download the zip if you want to give it a try.

Most of the questions you would want to ask are answered in the documentation. If you want to post an issue or contribute a patch, make sure to first read the todo.md to avoid duplication of effort. Feel free to fork the repo and implement your own fixes.

Edited by grodrigues
typos
Link to comment
Posted (edited)

These are the fixes we discussed on GitHub way back when when you made pull requests, right? Maybe some additional ones since then? Good stuff.

(e): The way this is made is so ridiculously exhaustive in terms of documentation and modularity, which is admirable and cool, but wow, I would've never had enough time or patience to do it this way. Great to have options to fix some stuff for the base mod, though!

Edited by Bartimaeus
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

These are the fixes we discussed on GitHub way back when when you made pull requests, right? Maybe some additional ones since then? Good stuff.

A combination: some of those patches were dropped, some new added, etc.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)

Wow, very nice.  Want to clarify something though:

On 5/11/2021 at 2:15 PM, grodrigues said:

[Implementation] Lightning Bolt: use EE damage opcode features.

I see stuff like this in several places. Does this mean your version is only for the EE games?  Or are these kinds of patches implemented conditionally, so that your version can still be installed on pre-EE games?

EDIT - yeah, amazing, comprehensive work though. Great job.

Edited by subtledoctor
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I see stuff like this in several places. Does this mean your version is only for the EE games?  Or are these kinds of patches implemented conditionally, so that your version can still be installed on pre-EE games?

As per the readme, EE only. I could do selective patching, but that is a very low priority. Out of lazyness, general unwillingness to set up a second install and do more testing and also because at a few points the fixing is intimately connected with taking advantage of EE, e.g. in Larloch minor drain. Maybe it could be done in classical BG, but once again, low priority.

Link to comment

Yeah I read it but I didn't understand the instructions.

I have put gr-lib-main and weidu64.exe in my mod folder then it says "Add the line OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT LIBRARY_DIR <dir>to your code's preamble". Which code?

And in Project Infinity it says "UNDEFINED STRING".

Sorry if my questions seems dumb, I'm quite new in this modding community.

Capture d’écran 2021-07-14 102146.jpg

Capture d’écran 2021-07-14 102258.jpg

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, Daft Hunk said:

Yeah I read it but I didn't understand the instructions.

I have put gr-lib-main and weidu64.exe in my mod folder then it says "Add the line OUTER_TEXT_SPRINT LIBRARY_DIR <dir>to your code's preamble". Which code?

And in Project Infinity it says "UNDEFINED STRING".

Sorry if my questions seems dumb, I'm quite new in this modding community.

Capture d’écran 2021-07-14 102146.jpg

Capture d’écran 2021-07-14 102258.jpg

Now that you mention it, this whole setup really isn't the most friendly towards those who aren't already familiar to at least a small degree how weidu mods are setup. So here's a short little installation guide I made real quick:

  1. Download spell_rev_rev-main.zip, extract the "spell_rev_rev-main" folder (the folder, not the contents of the folder) from the .zip file to your game directory (i.e. there should be a folder called "spell_rev_rev-main" in your game directory).
  2. Rename that folder to not have the "-main" at the end: this is important.
  3. Download gr-lib-main.zip, extract the "gr-lib-main" folder (again, the folder!) from the .zip file to your game directory.
  4. Rename that folder to not have the "-main" at the end.
  5. Create a copy of a weidu executable (e.g. use your setup-spell_rev.exe from SR).
  6. Rename said weidu executable copy to "setup-spell_rev_rev.exe".
  7. Now finally run the executable and install. I don't know this all interfaces with Project Infinity, I've unfortunately never used it.

...More overly complicated than what I expected, to be honest. Whatever else the installation instructions say you can ignore, I'm pretty sure.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Link to comment

@Bartimaeus The "UNDEFINED STRING" is happen because of WeiDU 247. Care to apply temporary workaround by changing:

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~%MOD_FOLDER%/languages/english/setup.tra~

to

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~spell_rev_rev/languages/english/setup.tra~

?

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, AL|EN said:

@Bartimaeus The "UNDEFINED STRING" is happen because of WeiDU 247. Care to apply temporary workaround by changing:

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~%MOD_FOLDER%/languages/english/setup.tra~

to

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~spell_rev_rev/languages/english/setup.tra~

?

I don't think it'd help, honestly - there's a mismatch between the mod folder name and the .tp2 name, because the folder of the mod is called "spell_rev_rev-main" (the -main presumably is a result of github), but the .tp2 is "spell_rev_rev.tp2". They should be the same, but they're not.

Edited by Bartimaeus
Link to comment

@Bartimaeus Those two things are unrelated. The "spell_rev_rev-main" will cause mod installation failure. Having %MOD_FOLDER% for LANGUAGE + WeiDU 247 is know bug and my workaround will fix this. Trust me on this. If not you can check by yourself.

BTW: Instead of hacking mod repository structure, you could use "Junction" feature of you OS.

Edited by AL|EN
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Now that you mention it, this whole setup really isn't the most friendly towards those who aren't already familiar to at least a small degree how weidu mods are setup. So here's a short little installation guide I made real quick:

  1. Download spell_rev_rev-main.zip, extract the "spell_rev_rev-main" folder (the folder, not the contents of the folder) from the .zip file to your game directory (i.e. there should be a folder called "spell_rev_rev-main" in your game directory).
  2. Rename that folder to not have the "-main" at the end: this is important.
  3. Download gr-lib-main.zip, extract the "gr-lib-main" folder (again, the folder!) from the .zip file to your game directory.
  4. Rename that folder to not have the "-main" at the end.
  5. Create a copy of a weidu executable (e.g. use your setup-spell_rev.exe from SR).
  6. Rename said weidu executable copy to "setup-spell_rev_rev.exe".
  7. Now finally run the executable and install. I don't know this all interfaces with Project Infinity, I've unfortunately never used it.

...More overly complicated than what I expected, to be honest. Whatever else the installation instructions say you can ignore, I'm pretty sure.

Perfect, it worked, thanks ! I would never have figured out that myself (except for the weidu.exe).

I kinda like the changes you've made in the Revisited edition but I want to keep my game in french :)

2 hours ago, AL|EN said:

@Bartimaeus The "UNDEFINED STRING" is happen because of WeiDU 247. Care to apply temporary workaround by changing:

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~%MOD_FOLDER%/languages/english/setup.tra~

to

LANGUAGE ~English~ ~english~ ~spell_rev_rev/languages/english/setup.tra~

?

Yes that was that, I have done the same for the translation and everything seems to work, thanks ;)

Edited by Daft Hunk
Link to comment
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...