SR patches

3 hours ago, AL|EN said:

@Bartimaeus Those two things are unrelated. The "spell_rev_rev-main" will cause mod installation failure. Having %MOD_FOLDER% for LANGUAGE + WeiDU 247 is know bug and my workaround will fix this. Trust me on this. If not you can check by yourself.

I did not seem to run into said issue: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/vrygwq8lh8fam4v/gUvSbemIZF.mp4

1 hour ago, Daft Hunk said:

I kinda like the changes you've made in the Revisited edition but I want to keep my game in french

Perfectly understandable, :). Glad that fixed it for you.

Edited by Bartimaeus
6 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

@Bartimaeus Because you launching mod installation directly using weidu, you won't see it. What Daft Hunk have faced is WeiDU 247 %MOD_FOLDER% bug when --list-components-json is used from the non-game directory. This bug is causing "UNDEFINED STRING" for PI. The workaround will fix it, care to accept PR?

7 minutes ago, AL|EN said:

@Bartimaeus Because you launching mod installation directly using weidu, you won't see it. What Daft Hunk have faced is WeiDU 247 %MOD_FOLDER% bug when --list-components-json is used from the non-game directory. This bug is causing "UNDEFINED STRING" for PI. The workaround will fix it, care to accept PR?

Ah, I see. Well, no, I don't, because I've never used that, but I'll take your word for it. Does this bug also apply to SR/R? spell_rev_rev is not my mod, but @grodrigues's, so it's not like I could approve/implement changes for their mod.

Edited by Bartimaeus
3 hours ago, AL|EN said:

@mickabouille It's like having one folder in two different places, google "create junction windows" + https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

New-Item -ItemType Junction -Path "C:\User\Documents\GitHub\MyModMainDir\MyMod" -Value "D:\Games\BG2EE\MyMod"

Is this basically a Windows version of symlinks?  (Btw I don't mean that to sound critical - MacOS also (needlessly?) has its own version, called "aliases." Sigh.)

First, apologies for the user-unfriendly release, too much of a lazy bastard (without a suit) to make a git public one. Second, thanks to Bartimeus for his explanation and correct analysis. Will improve things as soon as possible, as currently I'm having some problems on my machine preventing me taking a closer look at this.

P.S.: and sure @AL|EN, will gladly accept PR's subject to the caveat above, that is, may take a bit to look at it.

Edited by grodrigues
p.s.
On 7/16/2021 at 11:53 PM, grodrigues said:

1. and 2. done, next on the menu 3. (delaying it because there is a further fix I want to add). And contrary to what is stated above, there are some fixes, mostly fixes to my fixes.

Hello ! 

Thanks for your update, appreciate it. 
I have some warnings during my installation, is that normal?

//Installing [Spell Revisions Patches] [1.0]
//WARNING: no effects altered on SPWI312.spl

//WARNING: no effects altered on SPWI426.spl
//WARNING: no effects altered on SPWI426.spl

//WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR707.spl
//WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR707.spl

//WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR710.spl
//WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR710.spl

//WARNING: no effects altered on SPPR715.spl

5 hours ago, Daft Hunk said:

I have some warnings during my installation, is that normal?

@Daft HunkNo, it should not happen. What this means is that you have a mod list different from mine, and those spells are not in the exact same state. It may be harmless, but it may be not, as the code may be intentionally relying on said state. Would you please attach your weidu.log and (copies of) those spells so I can take a look?

29 minutes ago, grodrigues said:

@Daft HunkNo, it should not happen. What this means is that you have a mod list different from mine, and those spells are not in the exact same state. It may be harmless, but it may be not, as the code may be intentionally relying on said state. Would you please attach your weidu.log and (copies of) those spells so I can take a look?

Sure, here you go.

WeiDU.log spwi312.spl spwi426.spl spwi707.spl spwi710.spl spwi715.spl