SR patches

@Daft Hunk

- spwi312 (Slow): the spell is borked, since it misses the remove spell type protection k1#haste and the immunity from Free Action. The other (minor) alterations are not being applied for some reason I do not understand.

note(s):
- It could happen that your sectype file differs from mine, so I *strongly* suggest you open Near Infinity, load the spell and check that the two Remove Spell Type Protections (221) have the correct parameters: the field Spell Type should read combination and k1#haste (possibly upper-cased) for the two 221 opcodes.

- spwi426 (Protection from Elemental Energy): the warning just means that the version of the spell you have is already fixed, which leads me to suspect that you do not have the latest public release of SR but the latest repo snapshot where it is indeed fixed. Harmless and nothing to do.
- spwi707 (Summon Death Knight): have no idea why WeiDU is complaining. The code does not even touch this spell directly.
- spwi710 (Spell Sequencer): have no idea why WeiDU is complaining. The code does not even touch this spell directly, but only the auxiliary spell "spwi710d".
- spwi715 (Power Word Stun): code not deleting the undocumented one-round stun as it should. Do not understand why. Attached is fixed file -- just drop it in the override folder. Or not and go with the SR version that has the undocumented one-round stun, the difference is minor.

spwi312.spl spwi715.spl

Thank you for your comprehensive answer, I will try that.

Why my SR is different from your? Where did you get it? 

(For info I took this one: https://github.com/Gibberlings3/SpellRevisions/releases  spell_rev-v4-beta18.exe)

EDIT: Which is strange as the changelog here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gibberlings3/SpellRevisions/master/spell_rev/change-log.txt state about a beta 19...

Edited by Daft Hunk

@Daft Hunk

Hmm, that is indeed strange as that is the version I have, the latest public release, and the one the mod targets. If you click on the code button (or do a git clone) you will get the latest version with all commits that were pushed since the latest release -- you can see their list in the commits link. The really strange thing though is the slow spell that was really borked. I would have to take a closer look to see what is going on.

6 hours ago, Daft Hunk said:

EDIT: Which is strange as the changelog here https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gibberlings3/SpellRevisions/master/spell_rev/change-log.txt state about a beta 19...

Probably changes on "master", made after the last release was done (beta18).

To keep track of what changes were made in case you make a release, you can start adding things to the changelog in what is the future beta19 section.

Of course nowadays I just look at the git log (provided you made useful commit messages)

On 7/20/2021 at 9:54 PM, grodrigues said:

@Daft Hunk

Hmm, that is indeed strange as that is the version I have, the latest public release, and the one the mod targets. If you click on the code button (or do a git clone) you will get the latest version with all commits that were pushed since the latest release -- you can see their list in the commits link. The really strange thing though is the slow spell that was really borked. I would have to take a closer look to see what is going on.

Did you find something interesting ?

On 7/29/2021 at 9:08 AM, Daft Hunk said:

Did you find something interesting ?

Sorry replying only now, firefox seems to have a bug making posting in the forums impossible and I did not want to install chromium, or any other browser actually.

To answer your question, no I have found nothing yet. The problem, if there is one with SR, is located in the patching code. I have taken up maintenance of SR for the time being, but I will only visit this bit once some other stuff is fixed.