Compatible with Transitions?

Guest luckymg

If installed in the order EndlessBg1 - Transitions, there will be no conflicts, but Transitions overwrites some parts of EndlessBG1 which is wanted behavior as Transitions comes with its own versions of most of the components. There is the possibility to consider EndlessBG1's versions in Transitions' install options and you could leave out some of T.'s components if you prefer EndlessBG1's, but the Imoen-Jannath interaction will always be overwritten with T.'s version.

As of v9, components 1-13 of EndlessBG1 mod are fully compatible with Transitions Mod if Endless BG1 is installed first. Note: Transitions Mod overwrites a lot of components of BG1 with own versions of the content, if considering EBG1's content is not explicitely offered as an install choice.
Components 14-16 are not considered in Transitions yet (v2.0 and lower). Component 14 is probably incompatible with Transitions. Installing both will probably mess up the game. Also see compatibility notes in the component descriptions.

I was initially planning to "fully" combine Endless BG1 and Transitions in my next big EET install. After digging into the subject and checking compoments, i came to the conclusion that i rather "stick" with one instead of "wanting" both and getting none of them.

For that time, i will install Endless BG1 with almost all components. Next time i full instead gives the priority  to Transitions.

And then install some components of Transitions that shouldn't interfere/overwrite Endless BG1 :

0 - Main component: Allow continued play after Sarevok and/or Irenicus is defeated

10- Use BGI ending movie as a dream and give new bhaal-spawn power at first rest

33 - Add Clean-Up Quests :Option 2 and use gentler Tamoko quest
200 - Close quests and rumors that can't be finished after Sarevok is defeated
70 - Duke Eltan's reward option: House near Ducal Palace
72 - Duke Eltan's reward option: Gray house in NW Beregost
73 - Duke Eltan's reward option: House across from Flaming Fist compound
140 - Use Irenicus in hell movie to restore Bhaal-spawn powers after he is defeated

Would you eventually give a look and let me know if any "interferes/disturbs" with the Endless BG1 experience ?

1 minute ago, Mordekaie said:

Would you eventually give a look and let me know if any "interferes/disturbs" with the Endless BG1 experience ?

The main component of Transitions implements its own version of Imoen-Duke Jannath interaction and removes EndlessBG1's Duke Eltan. It also always implements its own version of the palace guards and the Flaming Fist priest coming into the Undercity Temple, as well as Korlasz' Dungeon remaining in BG1, and Fenster the palace cleric (the latter two being own components in EndlessBG1). I am heavily biased, but from my point of view, installing Transitions always interferes with EndlessBG1. I wished some of Transition's components would be available without the main component but I get why this is not an option. It does consider some of EndlessBG1's content, though, and the list you posted should be the minimum impact on EndlessBG1's original content.

Guest Centurion

I just found this thread. I hope I am not guilty of bumping, but thought I would add some possible info that might aid developers like Jastey. 

I began running BGEE in March and, as an experienced player of the old BG1, went ahead with a little modding, even though I have never played SoD before. I have no idea why (tired?) but I installed Transitions and Endless BG1. And, no, I can't remember in what order. I had some others (Tweaks, UB, Seatower, BG1 NPC Project) that I can't imagine would affect SoD

Anyway, I had no problems until I reached the end of Korlasz's Tomb (I did not take Imoen.) Every time I attempted to climb the rope, the game crashed. I finally gave up and used CLUA to move back to the palace. After not understanding how to use the Duke's "gift" to start SoD proper, I finally did this month. Everything seemed fine in Baldur's Gate, except I could not find the treasurer in front of the Ducal Palace, so no side quest with the thieves at Three Old Kegs. And, when I left for the North, there was no Viconia to recruit there either. 

I am doing a clean install and trying again with just Endless, as I have no plans to use EET. I will see what happens. But just wanted to share the missing aspects I encountered should it illuminate any of this. Regards. 

Thanks for taking the time. Without weidu.log, there is little I can learn from this, unfortunately. I hope verything will work properly in your new game.

Some general things that are still true:

-EndlessBG1's component "Korlasz' Tomb in BG1" cannot be installed after already visiting Baldur's Gate city or climbing the robe will crash the game.

-EndlessBG1's component "Korlasz' Tomb in BG1" is not and will never be compatible with Transitions. I am not sure whether Lauriel had the time to account for this in Transitions in case it is installed.

Guest Centurion

Jastey, thanks. I think that was the issue, at least with the rope. I did not install by component but installed both fully. 

Endarire: Would love to post it, but I did a complete uninstall, including the mods, and am reinstalling now. Also, call me old school, but I am running BGEE/SoD stand-alone and will transfer to BG2EE, like I have been doing for 20 years. So, there was never an EET install or directory. Sorry. 

Would you recommend using EBG1 together with Transitions anyway? Or is there little point to it and I should just stick to one of them? I do prefer how EBG1 handles things (Korlasz, e.g.), preserving more existing game content. Ideally I would just like to use EBG1 for the first transition from BG1 to SoD and Transitions for the second from SoA to ToB, but since Transitions is not a modular mod that does not seem possible. But I am really keen to try the latter function to be able to remain in SoA after the final fight against Irenicus.

Transitions overwrites a lot from EndlessBG1. I think the only thing it preserves is how Sarevok's sword quest is handled, and maybe the hero cutscene? But everything else is either the same (refugees and Elminster encounter), almost the same (Denkod in the thieves' guild, having FF approaching after Sarevok's defeat, and other) or gets overwritten (Imoen&Jannath, Dukes in the Palace, PC's room, ..). The newer components from EndlessBG1 (Korlasz' Crypt in BG1 etc) aren't even compatible so you need to keep an eye on which components you install from it if you want to add Transitions.

If you prefer EndlessBG1's way of transition from BG1 to SoD, do not install Transitions. If you install Transitions, you get Transitions.

4 hours ago, Isewein said:

I would just like to use EBG1 for the first transition from BG1 to SoD and Transitions for the second from SoA to ToB, but since Transitions is not a modular mod that does not seem possible.

That's my main beef with Transitions. It comes all in one and overwrites many things, it just plain reverts things from other mods. It's not the nicest way of handling this.

Ah, when I say "overwrites" I only mean the result what the player sees. It does not "overwrite" as in "just puts things into the override folder instead of patching".

What Transition ails currently are several known bugs, which is one reason to not recommend it currently.

I think you are a bit unkind to Transitions, because it competes with your mod. Every mod has bugs. Every one. Have you seen the SCS boards? I don’t think a reasonably bug-free version of SCS has existed since v31, or maybe v28. Are you going around telling people not to use SCS

I’ve played with EBG1 and Transitions together, and my take is, the combined juice just isn’t worth the squeeze. As in many other instances, you have two mods affecting the same parts of the game; players should probably just choose one or the other. 

For me, I have chosen to install EBG1 and not Transitions. But I won’t trash-talk Transitions. Lauriel has some goods ideas there, it’s a shame they aren’t around that much to continue to fix and perfect the mod.