True seeing dispels blind effect on enemies

Guest G'uest

Guest G'uest

As per title. I know scs changes true seeing to dispel blind but why does it dispell it on enemies? Nature's Beauty is seriously nerfed because of this.

Guest G'uest

sounds like you know how to fix it, is it easy enough to describe here?

or maybe can you just tell me which file to remove from Override to revert to vanilla True Seeing ?

You'd have to remove a bunch of things, actually. There are something like seven different versions of True Seeing/True Sight, each with their own subspells to cover the repeating effect. Though, thankfully, this only modifies the primary spells; the subspells are unchanged.

True Sight (Inquisitor): SPCL232

True Sight (Priest of Helm): SPCL732

Empress (Deck of Many Things): SPIN633

True Sight (Kuo-Toa): SPIN684

True Seeing (Cleric/Druid): SPPR505

True Sight (Mage/Bard): SPWI609

True Sight (?): SPPR950

Though I'm not sure why this would happen. The SCS component involved works pretty simply; it clones and modifies a self-targeting effect (the "True Sight" portrait icon) that already exists on the spell, keeping that targeting. It certainly worked for me. Any details about what version of the game you're playing, or any other modifications to the spells that might have come before?

On further thought, this seems to be most likely - some other mod changed True Sight to impose a portrait icon on enemies, and the SCS component picked up on that to clone it and remove blindness from enemies as well as self. On the SCS end, the fix would be to match parameter2 (108) in addition to opcode (142) when cloning the effect. It would still help if you could provide some details to help track down the other side of this incompatibility bug.

Oh, and a bug I spotted (base game, not SCS) while I was looking through the spells: the effects of an Inquisitor's True Sight are incorrectly marked as being power level 5. In 2.5, some were power 0 and some were power 5; this was standardized to all be power 0 in 2.6. The subspell, which handles all rounds after the initial casting, is correctly power level 0. (All of the "divination attack" spells should hit as level zero, bypassing spell level immunities.)

The effect of this bug? If you're not using that SCS component that allows Breach to hit liches, then liches and rakshasas will be immune to the first pulse of an Inquisitor's True Sight due to their level 5 spell immunity. Subsequent rounds will affect them normally.

Edited by jmerry